Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Adventurer Nano Documentation

Adventurer Nano Documentation

This thread is used to discuss anything related to the adventurer nano document changes.
    To discuss morph models ==> http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=587621
    Link to Advy Nano Document: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/att...6&d=1298046455 (XLS-file)

Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    By the way, as a note: If anyone downloaded the initial document posted in FwM (which has a date of the 17th on it), there is a newer version of the document available dated the 18th (which has replaced all other available links and is available for download now) - This just has a few minor fixes/tweaks here and there, but please make sure that you're reading the most recent version of the document available. =)
    You guys will notice that a large part of the document revolves around the concept of making each of the Adventurer's morph lines more focused and unique than currently available in-game. These morphs will now be much easier to switch between, and each offer unique benefits to the Adventurer that are only available while in said morphed form.

As a quick side note on perks: Bio Cocoon and Limber/Dance of Fools. Though this isn't reflected in the current perk documentation, there will be a slight change to how these two perks work for Adventurers. All perk actions will be available to Adventurers no matter what form they are in, BUT they will only see maximum benefit from these specific perks if they are utilized while the Advy is in a specific form.

Bio Cocoon will only see its maximum benefit reached while the Adventurer is in their Tank morph form, while Limber/DoF will only see their maximum benefit reached while the Advy is in their Wolf morph form.
    Each morph has its benefits, and some very good ones at that, but they will NOT be able to use every benefit at the same time (likewise there are benefits for the adventurer who is *not* morphed, with nanos and such they cannot utilize while morphed). Picking and choosing the morph that's right for the situation will be much, much more important.
    Two notes: The effect [of the nemesis nano] depends on the concealment of the target it's being used on, not the Advy's conceal. Also, the emergency shield *cannot* be used at the same time as the nemesis nano, and both lock each other out in a fashion.
    On the casting morph form and walking:
    Yes. =) Though we haven't settled on the actual physical appearance of the new casting form for Advies, they will no longer be rooted.
    Nano Changes

Self-Morphs: All self morphs will have low casting requirements and be available from low levels, with the buffs gained from them scaling as the adventurer levels, and they will all share a 15s local cooldown. The intent is for any morph to override any other morph. (currently there is a small technical issue with this that should be resolvable)

"Tank Morph"
    Buffs Critical Decrease, Reflect, AC, Nano Resist
    Enables AoE and Single Target Nuketaunts and a short-duration Emergency Reflect/Shield Buff
    Does not stack with:
    • All other (non-adv) Reflect Buffs
    • Doctor Nano Resist Buffs
    • All Non-Adv AC Buffs
    • 'New Line: Critical Decrease Buffs'
    No Healing!

Adventurer Damage Shields: 243, New Line: Reflect Emergency

Buff

• 6 Nanoprograms, available from level 50
    • 10 Second Duration, 180 Second Cooldown
    • Additional 23% Reflect At All Levels
    • Large Damage Shield, Scaling With Level
    • Renders Nanoskills Inoperative for 30 Seconds, Except PsyMod
    • Does Not Stack With Nemesis Nano

AoE Nuketaunts

• 6 Nanoprograms, No Level Locks
    • 30 Second Cooldown
    • 3150 Taunt and 3150 Fire Damage for the Top Version
    Single Target Taunts
    • 10 Nanoprograms, Top Two Locked to Levels 207, 215
    • 6 Second Cooldown
    • 11585 Taunt for the Top Version

Cat Morph
    Buffs AAO, Add Damage, Crit Chance, Concealment
    Enables Damage Buff, Emergency Heals
    Does not stack with:
    • Concealment Buffs
    • Crit Buffs
    Damage Buff Line B
    • 12 Nanoprograms, available from level 50
    • Buffs AAO, Add Dmg, Weapon Inits.
    • 30 Second Duration, 25 Second Cooldown: 100% Uptime possible, but at somewhat hefty nanocost

Wolf Morph
    Buffs Evades, Run Speed, Perception
    Enables Single Target Heals, Emergency Defense Modifier Buff
    Does not stack with:
    • Run Speed Buffs
    • Perception Buffs
    • Evade Buffs
    Emergency Defense Modifier Buff
    • 17 Nanoprograms, Top Three Locked to Levels 201, 213, 215
    • 10 Second Duration, 180 Second Cooldown
    • 347 AAD on top version

"Healing Morph"
    Buffs Heal Modifier, Nano Cost Reduction, Nano Delta
    Enables Single Target Heals, Team Heals, Complete Heal, Emergency Heals
    Single Target Heals Will Heal Others Twice when in this form
    Won't Be Immobile Like Current Tree Form (new form undecided)
    Does not stack with:
    • Nano Cost Reduction Buffs
    • Nano Delta Buffs

Leet Morph
    Buffs Concealment, Perception, Run Speed.
    Enables Emergency Heals, Leet Charms
    Identical Shadowleet Version Replaces team scheol map as scheol yuttos quest reward
    Does not stack with:
    • Run Speed Buffs
    • Concealment Buffs
    • Perception Buffs

Reet Morph
    Buffs Evades, Run Speed, Swimming
    Still Disables Combat
    Can Fly in Playfields that Allow It

Un-Morphed
    Enables:
    • Emergency Heals
    • Calms (AoE and Single Target)
    • Source Towers and Damage Buffs/AoE Roots for them

Note: This post was mostly made before seeing the Feb. 18th spreadsheet and before seeing all the nifty new names and still needs to be edited to match those names.
    Last edited by TheDdevil; Feb 20th, 2011 at 10:14:34.

Heals and Buffs

Heals
    Single Target Heals
    Rescaled, with new heals beyond (what was) Beauty of Life
    Usable in Healer and Wolf forms
    Team Heals
    Rescaled, smooth progression
    Only available in healer form
    Emergency Heals
    Takes the place of the morph insta-heals, now a single line
    Not self-only
    Usable in cat, leet, healer forms and un-morphed
    Complete Heal
    60s local cooldown
    Only available in healer form

Root and Snare Resist
    Collapsed into a single line, All Target-Castable
    Does not stack with Keeper aura
    Level reqs from two old lines carried over
    Scales from 10% (lvl 50 lock) to 20% (lvl 185 lock)

Adventuring Buff
    Same thing as before, NCU usage increased from 43 to 44

Treatment and First Aid Buffs
    Now Copies of Doctor FA/Treatment Buffs. (+35 and +80)

Pistol Buffs
    New High-End Buff Replaces Poisonous Bite as DB Quest Reward
    Level Locks Removed from the 3 Lowest Buffs
    Large Fling Shot, Aimed Shot, Burst Buffs Added, No Stacking

1he Buffs
    New High-End Buff Replaces Improved Seed Life as DB Quest Reward
    Level Locks Removed from the 3 Lowest Buffs
    Large Parry, Sneak Attack, Fast Attack Buffs Added, No Stacking

Multi-Wield Buffs
    Buff Amount Decreased on 2 Lowest Buffs, Increased on 2 Highest Buffs
    Level Locks Removed from 2 Lowest Buffs, Reduced to 75, 145 on 2 Highest Buffs
    Lower 2 Buffs No Longer Self-Only
    Evade Buffs Removed

AC Buffs
    Now Shares Line With Trader AC Drains, Stacks With Everything Else
    Amount Buffed Increased 170-214%

Damage Shields
    HP Buff Takes the Place of the Absorbs (and the misc. small HP buffs we used to have on vengeance/stare)
    Basically Unchanged Otherwise, Cyclic Shields Buff More HP than RK Shields, Still Require Shadowlands and are no longer self-only

Perception Buffs
    Buff Amount Increased, +160 and +240
    Aimed Shot Buff Removed
    Buffs 'Target's Team'

Nemesis Nano: 'Shadow Scorn'
    10 Second Duration, 120 Second Cooldown
    Any Successful Attack on The User Will Result in a Large Counter-Hit, Dependent on The Attacker's Concealment Skill
    Does Not Stack With Emergency Shield from Tank Form

SL MAPS
    Various AC, Nano Resist, Swimming, Run Speed Buffs Removed, All Maps Buff %XP
    Now 1s Cast/Recharge
    Last edited by Scum; Feb 18th, 2011 at 22:09:11.

more text goes here

hahaha lol "fun"com. cant find other words. LOL. i can real-balance advy a lot faster (within 5s) than you did in weeks.

half the complete AAD and evades.

the most overpowered prof is just get a bit changed instead of nerfed. while soldier a actually good balanced prof is getting nerfed for 50% of def-time and a big nerf to dmg output. so funcom wants everyone to roll 1 tl7 advy atleast?
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Nice joke but it isnt 1.04 but 18.02.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I don't have anything remotely constructive to say, I don't know what the hell you guys where thinking when you slapped this together.

I thought agents were supposed to be jack of all trades, seams adventurer has taken over that role as well. And just about any other roll needed in this game. It's downright stupid that you take an already OP class and further expand their capabilities in such manner. When I look at what a lot of other professions have gotten so far, it's a joke compared to this.

And yeah before anyone go "WAH WAH you play agent it says so in your sig!!!" I have a 219 adventurer "Ioone" and she and me both thinks this is borderline psychotic.

(Reposting in the correct thread)
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Wow.... all I gotta say is wow... you ppl have lost your minds at FC.

Ummm......... WHATTTTTT????????????

Rofl...

Any chance of some numbers for the min/max mentioned for biococoon and dof/limber? think this might prevent some of the flaming that may occur from those worried about adventurers gaining 500 def(from wolf) and only loosing a small amount from cocoon.

also....200+800+500=1500 Defenses on top of setup and ip...u sure about that?

/Vdoc

I cant even be bothered to read this, from past experience its gonna be junk so yeah, just substitute this post in your mind with the trolling i would do if i could bring myself to care about my advy anymore.

Sooner FC admits the rebalance and the new engine are just BS designed to keep us buying crap in the item store the better...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    hahaha lol "fun"com. cant find other words. LOL. i can real-balance advy a lot faster (within 5s) than you did in weeks.

half the complete AAD and evades.

the most overpowered prof is just get a bit changed instead of nerfed. while soldier a actually good balanced prof is getting nerfed for 50% of def-time and a big nerf to dmg output. so funcom wants everyone to roll 1 tl7 advy atleast?
    {Removed by Anarrina: completely unnecessary}

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I thought agents were supposed to be jack of all trades, seams adventurer has taken over that role as well. And just about any other roll needed in this game. It's downright stupid that you take an already OP class and further expand their capabilities in such manner. When I look at what a lot of other professions have gotten so far, it's a joke compared to this.
    I have always seen Adventurers as the jack of all trades, I thought that was how everyone saw them ^^

While some of the new stuff seems overpowered I bet that they aren't, it's a bit misleading to assume it is with just the stuff we have on paper, a couple of 10s duration with 2 minute cooldown nano's won't change much, they lose the wolf aura and instead gain all the evades on the wolf form (albeit with some extra evades). To me it looks rather interesting, don't get me wrong, I'm competitive when I play and I don't even have an adventurer above TL5. So if I would actually see it as overpowering then I would say so :P
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 19th, 2011 at 04:36:42.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

I think it's going to be highly interesting having to pick a morph to use while in combat so that you do better at what ever you're doing. It's kinda like agents, I bet we'll see agents getting faster ability to swap profession when things are done. So agents can quickly swap between their roles and advys have to take a longer time to swap.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

remember when Kintaii said Genele was hardcore? It's clear now she plays an Advy
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

(repost)

The emergency damage shield/reflect buff, and the nemesis nano, are rather ridiculous. I mean, use nem nano and hitting the adv will hurt you for 1500 each time for 10 seconds (assuming they can reach 3k conceal, damned if i know mine is lvl 172). Advy needs 37% reflect + emergency 23%? They already tank better than most professions. The heal cost seems good, and CH will be much more useful to lowbies. Wolf now has evades on it instead of aura so no stacking evade buffs, guess thats fair.

Also why does a level 1 adv get as much standing reflect as a level 145 engineer/level 100 soldier in SL? And what's with the huge AS buff if adventurers aren't getting the new AS based special? P.S. you know adv already has 160 higher AS than other pistol users and artillery symbs?

I really don't understand wtf the deal is with the pets, sounds stupid.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Funcom employee

Did this over there, gonna repost it here too.

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    The emergency damage shield/reflect buff, and the nemesis nano, are rather ridiculous. I mean, use nem nano and hitting the adv will hurt you for 1500 each time for 10 seconds (assuming they can reach 3k conceal, damned if i know mine is lvl 172).
    Two notes: The effect depends on the concealment of the target it's being used on, not the Advy's conceal. Also, the emergency shield *cannot* be used at the same time as the nemesis nano, and both lock each other out in a fashion.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Calia's Form: Sermon of Fortitude

IMO, it lacks 5 blockers and AAD buff. Beside that, it's perfectly fine.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    remember when Kintaii said Genele was hardcore? It's clear now she plays an Advy
    doesnt most real life women play advy or doc?^^
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Yeah i figured after seeing this thread this is probably where the real discussion would happen and fwm would be overrun with people posting "13th!" etc
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Huge changes here, for the best in PVM imo.

For PVP i'm waiting to see the whole picture ; seems heal will be less easymode than before (cost up, amount down) & for the Coon/Dof balancement i'm waiting to be sure of understanding the following :
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin
    Bio Cocoon will only see its maximum benefit reached while the Adventurer is in their Tank morph form, while Limber/DoF will only see their maximum benefit reached while the Advy is in their Wolf morph form.
    Is tank form the 10 sec during the advy short-TMS (new emergency shield) ? Or is it dragon/saber form ? Other ?
    Also how much these perks will be affected if the morph isn't corresponding to their max values ? Half ? Third ?

Anyways, before getting more details, it still seems it's going in the right direction for rebalancing. Cumulation of full throttled Heal/Coon/Evade/Resist/AS had made HL advies way too far out the pvp balance for too long. As for traders, FC finally decided to fix it. GG for intention, now we want this implemented (along with new engine ^^).
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I think this documentation is great. Adventurers will be better than no one else, but be able to do almost anything. The def numbers may need to be looked at, but from what I see a wolf-form advy will have def and low AR, no reflects, a very weak bio cocoon, and a harder time healing (no emergency heal? CH spammability gone?) Wolf form will not be the best choice in all cases, and possibly a death sentance against some.

The tools are made to correspond with particular morphs, but we have to remember that adventurer stats do not actually exceed in any particular area and areas that a morph does not focus in are not very strong. Anyone who thinks an advy will be "better" than an alternative is either blind or just ignorant, so the document seems to have put advy where they needed to be.

Best thing in the documentation is the burst buff, finally after all this time...

Funcom employee

By the way, as a note: If anyone downloaded the initial document posted in FwM (which has a date of the 17th on it), there is a newer version of the document available dated the 18th (which has replaced all other available links and is available for download now) - This just has a few minor fixes/tweaks here and there, but please make sure that you're reading the most recent version of the document available. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast