Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TL7 PvP setup, suggestions

MA, great fun!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

why is everyone jizzing over fotd?

is 5 ma skill, 10 evades,and 22 aao really worth the loss of nr and ruspeed? i thought nr was pretty important o-o

EDIT: or, if using support wrist, 6 pvp dmg for 5% gth resist
    Last edited by Lazy; Jan 18th, 2012 at 19:35:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    why is everyone jizzing over fotd?

is 5 ma skill, 10 evades,and 22 aao really worth the loss of nr and ruspeed? i thought nr was pretty important o-o

EDIT: or, if using support wrist, 6 pvp dmg for 5% gth resist
    Well I duel mostly tho Lazy, so runspeed is less important to me. I'd rather have the extra AR at hand anytime. My NR is quite good anyways.

And I haven't actually seen a TL7 PvP trader in a few months so that takes care of GTH :P

I didn't plan on FotD when I started this retwink, but now after only 100~ duels, I am glad I have it
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Plus you want to have the extra MM for shens. So support wrist ain't an option for PvM/PvP MAs. And infantry wrist ain't better... iirc I can cap 2,5k RS with SoS and Playful Cub and AR>NR for MAs. 58 NR isn't gonna change a thing with current mechanics while 27 AR could be noticable in some situations where every point counts.

First of all, opifex is the best choice for MA, being quite close to solitus. I'm not sure why ppl say reroll if you are opifex.
    Opifex is the breed with the lowest IP cost of all, you gain quite some extra AR, extra evades and you can perk champion of nano combat instead of commonly used genomes that a solitus use.
    Also i'm not sure why mostly all of today's MAs tend not to use AS scope anymore. It's just wrong not to. Ideally would be to use ELLTS. The crit chance is what makes the difference in a lot of situations. As for the rest of the gear, make sure you become upperkable by getting enough def/evades to counter MR with DoF+CiB up, the rest should all go to AR.
    If you do the proper resets, you should have enough IPs to max all the necessary stuff needed for a MA plus bow up to Sapphistic Bow's MBS, max AS, Max piercing (only needed up to Ppiercing Evil or Spear of Forbidden Ceremonies' MBS but you won't be able to get enough piercing to reach it anyway so that's why i said to max out anyway), max sharp objects, max fast attack and sneak attack, max bow special attack for Albtraum arrows and you even have spare IPs.
    You don't need to max body dev as it becomes useless to invest so many IPs at higher values of Body dev when you have items that add flat values of HP ranging between 500 and 1000.
    There are many things that I probably missed but cba making a wall of text.
    Nobody is perfect, I'm Nobody

you forgot that atrox is the best breed.

EDIT: and why in god's name would anyone max fast attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    you forgot that atrox is the best breed.

EDIT: and why in god's name would anyone max fast attack?
    because it's always good to have an extra attack? combine it with SA when hot-swapping SoFC and you have an extra damage, so why not?

Regarding breed, I won't elaborate because it's not needed. Make some calculations and get the conclusions, it's up to you. The most obvious question is "what if you don't perk with MR up?". You will get 5k damage during 10 seconds and u won't be able to hit the evade profession you've just tried to perk, while the other guy doesn't have any penalty in this period of time.
    If you choose to pick trox for HP, another mistake. Anyway you'll also have trouble casting end game damage nanos etc.
    But it doesn't matter what I think, does it? You just make ur choice and that's it, a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikwandodo View Post
    because it's always good to have an extra attack? combine it with SA when hot-swapping SoFC and you have an extra damage, so why not?
    Why not?

1. Because chances are your fast attack AR will be below average in PVP and won't land on people with even decent evades, so it's a waste of IP.

2. Even if you can land the fast attack with this weapon on some people in PVP, is that better than critting with fists? If not, then this weapon is pretty useless in PVP.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 20th, 2012 at 21:14:16.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

You sure as hell cannot afford to max FA on an end-game PvP MA unless you don't use SO or Bow att spc and everything, sowwy. /:
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Why not?

1. Because chances are your fast attack AR will be below average in PVP and won't land on people with even decent evades, so it's a waste of IP.

2. Even if you can land the fast attack with this weapon on some people in PVP, is that better than critting with fists? If not, then this weapon is pretty useless in PVP.
    1.You use fast attack when swapping the SoFC for SA

2. If you have extra IPs i don't see why not have a chance to get extra damage

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    You sure as hell cannot afford to max FA on an end-game PvP MA unless you don't use SO or Bow att spc and everything, sowwy. /:
    Trust me you can have the IPs for everything. Don't want to sound cocky or something, but i've done it before all of you did or thought about it.

How many perks you have in NR?
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

NR1, found that to more than enough

That was mostly for Taik and Soli in their battle of IP.

NR1 on my MA too, and I can't say I have plenty of IP to spare.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

For the record. My current build allows me to play with NR1 permanently perked without losing anything really, as well as a capped AS recharge (on Sapph) without VE and an overall good/excellent AR/offense.
    I do swap scopes at will, as well as any NCU/bracer, shen/BoB at will, QL 300 SoFC, enough Bow skill in order to swap it through pretty much any kinda drain (that lasts, still taking into account Traders' procs), max bow spc att, SO 'n so on. I spent quite a lot of time going through various setups as well, viable ones that's it.
    As plenty of people (that would include you, indeed) spent their playing time wisely, I'd sugged you not to worry regarding every individual's practise and legacy when it comes to AO even if you started to play before some of them, there'll be always a lot to learn from dedicated and smart players sir.

Anyway, We all have the same ammount of IPs available, of course I could cut one or two things short (and that would do me no good) in order to max FA, what do I care though, I wonder! But sure, it's totally doable.

Edit : (talking to myself ((be nice)).
    Last edited by Soliartist; Jan 22nd, 2012 at 21:11:36.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

To cut long story short FA is not worth maxing at the expense of other and more important skills. FA is needed only as much as your SoFC (and also Kuma Tonfa) requires it. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    For the record. My current build allows me to play with NR1 permanently perked without losing anything really, as well as a capped AS recharge (on Sapph) without VE and an overall good/excellent AR/offense.
    I do swap scopes at will, as well as any NCU/bracer, shen/BoB at will, QL 300 SoFC, enough Bow skill in order to swap it through pretty much any kinda drain (that lasts, still taking into account Traders' procs), max bow spc att, SO 'n so on. I spent quite a lot of time going through various setups as well, viable ones that's it.
    As plenty of people (that would include you, indeed) spent their playing time wisely, I'd sugged you not to worry regarding every individual's practise and legacy when it comes to AO even if you started to play before some of them, there'll be always a lot to learn from dedicated and smart players sir.

Anyway, We all have the same ammount of IPs available, of course I could cut one or two things short (and that would do me no good) in order to max FA, what do I care though, I wonder! But sure, it's totally doable.

Edit : (talking to myself ((be nice)).
    I didn't want to teach you or someone else how to play and if you took it that way, or if that's what others understood from my post, then i apologize. I was only trying to point out some things like having enough IPs for every needed skill as a MA.

If you twink yourself at 220, considering you already have all the necessary gear to equip full alpha and to spare some IPs from CL, treatment or any other skill that you could boost over the necessary requirements without maxing them out, you can get a huge amount of IPs which you can distribute in the skills you need the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    To cut long story short FA is not worth maxing at the expense of other and more important skills. FA is needed only as much as your SoFC (and also Kuma Tonfa) requires it. Period.
    As I said, it's a matter of perspective. I, for one, prefer it since it can bring a nice burst of damage when needed, mostly because of the HP numbers all professions have nowadays and you can do it without gimping other skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikwandodo View Post
    As I said, it's a matter of perspective. I, for one, prefer it since it can bring a nice burst of damage when needed, mostly because of the HP numbers all professions have nowadays and you can do it without gimping other skills.
    Just FYI Fast attack is based on weapon damage thus maxing it brings close to nothing to the table but increasing the chance on landing it. And tbh I don't think there's enough IPs for it if you wanna be able to do both PvM and PvP.
    Last edited by Scottik; Jan 22nd, 2012 at 23:43:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Just FYI Fast attack is based on weapon damage thus maxing it brings close to nothing to the table but increasing the chance on landing it. And tbh I don't think there's enough IPs for it if you wanna be able to do both PvM and PvP.
    There's a difference between "I don't think" and the actual result, as for the chance for landing it, that's the whole purpose of maxing it out. And just FYI I know pretty much about this game.. just FYI. I'm not coming here and talk about things I don't know, I had a break of 5 years from this game but the core mechanics are the same.

Anyway we jumped offtopic. The MA is the most powerful profession in the game in 1v1 combat if you master it and I'm telling you this without thinking twice. You just need a lot of experience in PvP to be able to "adapt, improvise and overcome". For mass PvP, it's decent but you won't do better than fixers, crats, soldiers, agents, NTs. These have tools to gimp you for some vital seconds which will mostly lead to your death if jumped by multiple enemies.
    - Find a balance between AR (MA skill + AAO) and defense (evades + AAD)
    - Get a fair amount of NR in order to have a fair resist chance against casters.
    - Have items ready to swap when fighting different professions (in mass pvp, find the suitable balance)
    - Know enough about the other professions and find their week spots
    - Timing stuns, damage perks, weapon swaps is the key
    - Gather healing items needed for any fight as well as all the needed consumables
    - Try to make your own setups based on your experience
    - If you don't know or you are not sure about some game mechanics, just ask around (or post it on forums)
    - Be patient learning the MA's ways
    Last edited by Taikwandodo; Jan 23rd, 2012 at 08:57:22.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast