Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 new trailers for The Secret World

2 new trailers for The Secret World

I liked these trailers. They are the better ones released so far.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...-secret/717043 (CGI trailer)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sa...-secret/717084 (Location preview trailer: Savage Coast)
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I'm worried the hype is gonna crash down and the game won't be as good as it's being made out to be.

But I can still hope.
    Kaelde ~ Gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even gimpier than Kaelde

Thingymawhat of Paragon

Nice, thanks from the links.
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    TRB Videos Our Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post

I'd like to see what the people who made that could do for AO.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Wonder if it'll go F2P from day 1. The gameplay itself looks clunky, kind of like AO, and less fluent than other new MMOs. So cashstore, ingame advertisement and premium subs?
    With a 5 year development cycle, there's a LOT of money that needs to be earned to make this thing profitable, they got a bit of "free" from the AoC development, no doubt, but still, 5 years. That's a lot of money for any good sized team.

And not to forget the heavy competition on the market. FC can't afford to have this be some kind of niche title from the get go, they need a massive userbase from day 1, and they need to retain a good deal of them for more than the first 30 days.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Will there be twinking in TSW or is it level=>equip like all other mmos
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Made to be casual. Without really knowing anything I figure they're doing even heavier instancing than in AoC. I think that they are going for a Guild Wars style design with a hub for each faction, where you can team up with others and go to these locations that we're seeing videos of.
    That way they can create more controlled experiences than normal for MMOs and thus keep the mood they're going for in the trailers and gameplay videos.

Then next to that, some AoC style "sieges" where you fight over control of some territory. Possibly inspired by Guild Wars as well.

This is just my take on what they're doing, but it seems the logical step forward in the direction they took with AoC.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Will it have... JETPACKS?!
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    If I remember correctly, there are no levels or professions. Just a huge pool of abilities and I assume that you unlock more as you play. I'm guessing it's one of those systems where you "level" your chosen abilities by using them rather than "leveling" your actual character.

I remember reading and hearing that a few times but I kinda forgot the details about it, so I may be only partially correct. But it's not your standard AO or WoW type structure.

There are videos where Ragnar is talking about the game and he explains this stuff. I'm pretty sure that's where I saw it. So if you go to youtube and search for The Secret world and Ragnar or something like that, you should be able to find it easily.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

There are no levels in TSW.

You gain XP which you can use to unlock skills. Players will be able to choose from over 500 different skills to make up their "deck" of 7 active and 7 passive skills. Skills can be traded out at any given time depending on the situation. Also they stress that these are unique skills. For example there is not fireball, mega fireball, uber fireball, nuclear fireball as 4 separate skills. There is a fireball skill that will become stronger as you become stronger.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

In every video I've seen so far, the combat looks awful
    I havn't seen what's actually involved, but it just looks like people standing in front of a mob slamming the same attack over and over, with crappy animations.
    I know the game isn't exactly finished but that's just how I feel atm. I hope I'm wrong, I used to be really excited about this game..
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

I'm worried that this will be one of those "themepark-ride" MMO's. Looks interesting and unique and even visually good (apart from animations) but when the scripted ride is over, you kinda just leave the amusement park and go home

I'm not planning to play it either way but that's how I feel about it atm based on what I've seen so far. It just seems like they are focusing hard on making it unique and interesting and not putting enough effort into making it good to play for an extended period of time.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I'm worried that this will be one of those "themepark-ride" MMO's. Looks interesting and unique and even visually good (apart from animations) but when the scripted ride is over, you kinda just leave the amusement park and go home

I'm not planning to play it either way but that's how I feel about it atm based on what I've seen so far. It just seems like they are focusing hard on making it unique and interesting and not putting enough effort into making it good to play for an extended period of time.
    That's pretty much my perception as well, and why I have no real interest in it. AoC at least kept a bit of the "exploration" aspect of mmos but not much. TSW seems to do away with it altogether. I don't like being led on rails, so TSW and SW:ToR will be two automatic non-buys for me.

Anyone know when the closed beta is starting ?
    The hole pay in AOC to get the beta key seems alittle.... late....

It seems funny that they made such fluid combat in AOC, yet with the same engine TSW looks decidedly clunky.

It has potential, but the cookie cutterisms could be absolutely insane if theres only 14 decent skills out of 500

Will certainly try it though!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I can't think of a single MMO that was worth playing at launch. Rift was by far the smoothest but it was so vanilla it hardly counted
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    It seems funny that they made such fluid combat in AOC, yet with the same engine TSW looks decidedly clunky.

It has potential, but the cookie cutterisms could be absolutely insane if theres only 14 decent skills out of 500

Will certainly try it though!
    It'll come down to the same thing it comes down to in any other "skill" based game. Someone will crunch the numbers and find the seven top offensive skills and the top seven defensive skills and that will become everyone's "deck".

Publisher: Electronic Arts, FC have you signed a pact with the Devil?

To date that have ruined Bioware's main games[DA:2/ME2] by pushing them out in beta form or as a DLC cash cow. Also with previous history of ruining bought up developers. Ok those are offline games but they have previous and I will not buy anything they touch.

So what is EA to FC?

I will hear no ill words about ME2
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    I will hear no ill words about ME2
    The only credit I'll give ME2 is that it managed to be better than DA2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast