Thread: Bag labeling

Bag labeling

Hi,
    Im sure others have the same problem as me. 5 "trashcan" bags, 10 "implant" bags, 5 "clothes" bags, etc.. Its a hassle to look through each of my implant bags for the bag that has my ql 200 empties. If its at all possible can you make it so we can somehow label our own bags? thanks.

-Arsiine

Cool

I second this motion!

Martek

Remake the whole bank system so you can organize a little better

Big expandable bank window with sections, preferably player named.

Easy fix => happy costumers

uh guys...try bumping an old thread with this idea, the old thread will have a very good idea of exactly what we need.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

uh guy why don't you bump it then. as for now. i like this idea.

Good concept, but difficult to put into practice.

Every item in the database is unique, so if this was to be done the traditional way, an unique item would have to be added to the database every time you created or changed a label on the backpacks. Creating new items would soon swell the database with quite a few megabytes.

I have asked Cz about the possibility of using the local preferences-file to be used instead for giving tags to backpacks, as this would eliminate the database-problem.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Cz has responded to this thread question before.

He did say he was going to raise this with the dev team. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Cool

Originally posted by Kzak
    Good concept, but difficult to put into practice.

Every item in the database is unique, so if this was to be done the traditional way, an unique item would have to be added to the database every time you created or changed a label on the backpacks. Creating new items would soon swell the database with quite a few megabytes.

I have asked Cz about the possibility of using the local preferences-file to be used instead for giving tags to backpacks, as this would eliminate the database-problem.
    The idea that these items must go into the database has been dismissed many times.

This would not be a hard concept to put into practice. Store the labels locally; just as references and shortcut bars are stored now. That would not be very difficult. That method has been brought up many times.

Do it!

Cheers,
    Martek

Bump
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

Talking Yes! It is practical!

OKAY I feel stupid for not reading all the posts before me. So my post reads much like Martek-SLAG's, but I'm going to keep it intact anyway .. just consider it a bump

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a time when I thought this problem would never be solved because of the changes required to the funcom database and the storing of dynamic text information. But after thinking on it some more I realized that there is actually a very easy and practical way to solve this problem. Store the labels in a preference file on the local machine the same way hotbar information is stored. The labels would not be transferable and would only work within your inventory, the bank, and the reclaim, but this would still be extremely helpfull and not require changing the database on the server.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Wouldn't work for those of us who play on two or more computers (work and home... hey, my boss is cool, what can I say?) but that's really not a big deal.

This is pretty doable. So do it.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.