Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Quickie Explanation of New Trader NanoSheet (Summary Open to Criticism)

@Syyceria
    /signed

@Gatester
    Stop trolling and go sell cars. "Target not Trader OR Visual profession Trader" means something to the litterate

So it seems we'll become team buff monkeys, no solo play for us anymore. Spaming nanos left and right, not able to shot anything. And why must we wait till lvl 208 to use calms in SL?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    @Syyceria
    /signed

@Gatester
    Stop trolling and go sell cars. "Target not Trader OR Visual profession Trader" means something to the litterate

So it seems we'll become team buff monkeys, no solo play for us anymore. Spaming nanos left and right, not able to shot anything. And why must we wait till lvl 208 to use calms in SL?
    The calms got fixed if i saw that right.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    That didn't take long.
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    The calms got fixed if i saw that right.
    Ok, yeah, sorry, I'm ilitterate here
    Read it as "Will not work in SL" instead of "Will now work in SL"
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Come on over to the crat lounge and we'll drink together in memory of when our professions were great...or not broken anyway
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Updated my post to correct the wrangle part. As said, i'm old and rusty. And eeeew, now those randoms that ask us for 132 will even throw team invites at us, or the few traders that sit around Borealis will have to tell them that they need to leave their team first and accept a teaminvite...seriously, can the trader that killed Meens and Kintai please apologize?
    Syy

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    - the removal of the 15% crit buff from our drains presents a very large DD nerf to us in PvM (and pvp to a lesser extent). Previously, the only way to get a solid DD setup at all was to do a crit-gear setup; this is not not possible as -30% to the overall setup is crippling. Sure we can spam the health drain on NPCs, but did FC really intend to turn is into a nuking class?
    The Crit has just been moved to the AC drain Line. Personal crit is kept when the Team AC Buff line isn't used.

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    [color=lightgreen]I assume the damage will be halfed in PvP and reduced by reflect...so i get a small chance to deal about 1.7k damage and heal myself for about 2.5k? I wasn't able to find the nanos in the sheet (don't blame me ), but will we get 2.5k health or just a %-return of what we drained? Latter would turn this heal into an amazing ~1k heal in PvP if above numbers are for PvM only...
    According to the document it's a 2.5k heal not a drain or % based on damage so it should heal 2.5k regarless of inflicted damage.

Skill Wranglers
    - The single target ones are GONE. The team ones do not debuff us anymore!

Oh great, now we have to actually team those randoms that ask for wrangles. What have we done to you that we deserve that?

[b][color=lightgreen]Corporate Protection / Industrial Sabotage / Shutdown Skills[/
    Every Team buff is changed to buff the targets team meaning you can target whomever and it'll buff his entire team not yours. If he is solo.. it'll buff just him.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

One other note and i'm being genuine here (this is not intended as a flame or insult).

I don't really know either of our professionals except by name so I'm wondering if you guys are hardcore PvPers (currently, not previously, and with end-game equipment, not "good" equipment). I feel like a lot of the trader changes recently have been one sided (that side being the side that cries nerf on us) and i'm just curious if our professionals just aren't pvpers or if FC just ignores them and listens to the whiners.

Again, this is not intended as a flame... this profession is my favorite in pvp and pvm and i want to make it better so i'm trying to see what i can do to help fill in any gaps
    Proud Member of Paradise

I would normally offer a thoughtful reply but I don't know where to start, so I wont (as in, can't be bothered). Most of these changes are very puzzling to me and leaves me with way more questions than conclusions.

I can say that this makes the trader profession no fun to play and I don't care enough these days to wage a logic-war against FC. To much work involved and I don't get paid for it, so I'll skip the whole thing. If FC's second draft has changed enough and I can see some kind of light in the end of the tunnel then I might find it within myself to offer my 2 cents but as it is right now, we're not even close

*shrug*
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I hope its a Bad Joke!
    Sean Agarwaen Portman 220/30/63 Adventurer e
    Bruce Avenger Portman 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    David Undying Portman 220/30/70 Trader e
    Steve Rewarder Portman 220/27/68 Nanotechnician e
    Jack Outbreaked Portman 220/21/61 Agent e
    Johnny Shadowrage Portman 220/30/68 Shade e
    Hugh Revenger Portman xxx/xx/xx Fixer e

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Every Team buff is changed to buff the targets team meaning you can target whomever and it'll buff his entire team not yours. If he is solo.. it'll buff just him.
    If this is true it sounds like a pretty huge change in game-dynamics. So we have to return to targeting ourselves before casting a nano-refresh? And on top of that target outself before casting our team-heal to not help our opponents in PvP? Probably another thing that i would put on my 'Not sure if want' list...
    Syy

From what I have seen only Buff have been changed in that way. In BS or fighting against an opposing faction I don't think you have to worry about buffing your opponent. In Duel... we'll see .

I suppose you do have to target yourself or someone in your team to refresh team buffs though.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

IS Eviscerate Defense not castable pvp wise? if not why? is -450 vs -500 a big deal? or just a document oversight?
    Nitpicking a bit here, but hey
    Last edited by swedoc; Jan 21st, 2011 at 18:41:25.

I won't complain of the direction proposed here : "target controlled version landing" was an idea i submitted & defended in several debates on these forums.
    At the same time, i've to admit that halving the debuffs & removing the AAO are going a bit too far especially when the duration became 15 seconds, while 10 mins for buff part seems great.

I think there should be a 30 seconds duration at least for debuffs, and/or a lesser debuff nerf than proposed. These values might be an extreme FC proposes us to show the will of changing an unbalancement that has been around for too long (especially in TL2/3).

Then a midway could be considered about skill drains, as all other changes seem really welcomed : faster casting, short roots, better HP drains, usefull NoT, 4h buffings given, endly a TS compo to other, no wrangler debuff part, better dmg, etc ...

I'll finish with a question : do the charms leave the trader stunned or is this over now ?
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Team Health Payments
    - COOLDOWNS:
    == 3.5 seconds
    - The damage we take is no longer a DOT, but a straight hit equal to the Health range. (dunno why they're called Delayed then...)
    - NanoCost has increased by quite a bit (777 at top).

Outfit Team Nano Regen
    - COOLDOWNS:
    == 59 seconds (1 minute nano duration)
    - Nanocost is HUGE (4980 with Rouse Outfit [Team]).
    - Amount healed is slightly higher.

Lend Nano
    - Not much changed. ....... wait! Yes! It's now a team buff (4 hours), and no longer hits our own NanoPool with a debuff! Hooray!

Computer Literacy Buffs
    - Guess what? These babies are 4 hour long nanos as well. Recharge has also been slashed to 1 second. So now you don't have to rebuff constantly to twink on your belts and NCUs, nor do you have to recast when selling bags upon bags of plasma and cut gems.

Drain AC Debuff
    - COOLDOWNS:
    == 10 seconds
    - Now it's a straight AC debuff instead of the weird-ass ladder debuffs. And it gives us a decent amount of AC back (-10000/+6250 AC)
    - Oh and guess what? THEY DEBUFF AND BUFF CRIT CHANCE NOW! Up to 30% on both sides! Celebrate!

AC Buff Line
    - SO remember that the AC Debuffs drain and buff Crit along with ACs? Same with these nanos! They buff the team and drain us as before; except the values actually... matter (3600 AC, 15% crit).

Skill Drain
    - COOLDOWNS:
    == 5 seconds
    - I hope you're sitting down, because this will shock probably the entire planet.
    - The drains now last 15 seconds. The drains, now last, 15 seconds.
    - The drains also scale based on the level of the target.
    - The drains have been halved in amount drained, and do not drain the AAO of the target if it's not an NPC.
    - Laddering drains, and the amount returned to us has not been affected EXCEPT now the duration of the buff portion is 10 minutes! Yaaaaaay!

Skill Wranglers
    - The single target ones are GONE. The team ones do not debuff us anymore!

Umbral Wranglers
    - Everyone of them are 4 hours now.
    - They also scale based on levels.
    Things I do not like:
    Trader becoming "givers"..
    If you give skill, you should loose some too, if you give nanopool increase, you should loose some too..
    -currently- you can buff several people with skills and nanopool, yet only have the debuff once..
    I like that mechanic, as it enchaurages team play; when you have taken the choice to buff, teh more the marrier, but it is a choice, as it makes yourself more vounerably..
    I -LOVE_ trader as a concept.. take from yourself and give to others, meaning the team benefits from having a weak member to protect..
    A soldier might do more damage by himself, but with a trader the team combined gives more damage than a single soldier would have.

-LOVE- that concept.

Sadly the AC debuffs were laughable, then umbral wranglers..
    and now this.. Traders changing name to "Givers" or "Buff Totems"

Bring back some trading please..

Lvl locks?
    I though AO was a skill based system and lvl locks were wrong and artificial?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Level locking is bad…using by skill is good. Profession locked items are unlikely. More breed diversity is likely…items may well play a part in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Level locks are bad. I still feel that way. Things are not always black and white unfortunately. No matter how much some of us wish they were.
    [on the HH@b change]I do not like level locks but there was no other way to remove this from players of that range. I would prefer to have switched it to a pure skill requirement...but removing it based on people not meeting that skill requirement on log-in would produce obvious results in this game.
    The trader profession is all about getting the highest skill possible, with insane laddering.. it gives the situation of "I need a kill.. I need Need NEEEEDD!!!!" with traders, where their 3 min wranglers are running out, because you need 3-4 drains and maybe a proc to trigger to get the top ones you can cast running.
    A very interesting dynamic in a team: having to drain each 3 minutes, means the team has to push forward, or loose the powers of the trader.

A mechanic I like, and lvl locks will ruin.

Timeframe
    60 sec CL buff was there for a reason: the time it takes to unequip a belt
    with 4 hours, you can buff, then take all the time to remove your NCU while 700 points of programs are running on you, and change to a new belt..
    having a time-limit was/is fun and challenging.

I also like the DOT on the heals, nice mechanic, that enables your team to assist you more, giving them time to react, rather than if it is one sudden drop in health.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

*Edit*
    If you've not played a 220 PvP trader (and i don't mean logged your friends' once, i mean played for months and months to really perfect the character), then i'm sorry but your opinions are most likely half-truths and not realistic (note, this goes for all professions, not traders).
    My notes are on the low to mid lvl trader which I enjoy immensely, I do not have a 220 trader, but still think my points are valid for for the reason that you and your lvl 220 is not everything..

Trader is one of the professions that are fun to lvl, and just focusing on 220 PVP, which you claim here should be the only focus.. is going to ruin that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    let's be honest, after level 175, we start to feel our AR mechanics and lack of offence (AR drain and Health plunder nerf won't help).
    Hence why I like it before that.. but even at 174 it tops out.. and Trader more or less does nto improve after that..
    2 extra drains after lvl 175, that is it, 90% of the nanos can be used by lvl 174 and even under..
    Sadly a general thing for many professions..

the reason: everyone wants to be able to cast the top nano on their Evade Atrox.. if they can not max evades, AS,Rifle Shotgun AND cast all nanos, they complain..

If it was to me, the top nanos should only be castable by a nanomage with maxed out nano skills..
    -take the sacrifice of evades/health and roll nanomage for nano programs, or sacrifice the nano and get more health as Atrox..

Saying Atrox should be able to cast all, undermines the Nanomage breed.
    it also waters out the number of nanos available, as twinks can cast "the top ones" early, and have no improvement to look forward to, if an average Atrox should be able to cast it endgame..

Leave some "unobtainable" nanos for the twinks
    just not unique nanos like False Profession, but logical extensions of current ones, eg. better skill/health drains. Make them significantly better, not EXTREMELY better..
    Nano effects should scale with the nanoskills required..
    Something I can se -is- done is these documents for healing and Nano per second..
    Good job there
    Last edited by ArienSky; Jan 21st, 2011 at 21:42:10. Reason: Bonghigs saying that only 220 should count
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    From what I have seen only Buff have been changed in that way. In BS or fighting against an opposing faction I don't think you have to worry about buffing your opponent. In Duel... we'll see .

I suppose you do have to target yourself or someone in your team to refresh team buffs though.

currently, there are nanos that will buff self if there is no target, or will buff target if there is one.
    ergo, you buff yourself and your team if no target found (this would make the most sense, not sure why a dum dum like me has to point this out).
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

I have no idea if you even have a trader, but if you're going to make comments like these in a post specifically designed to give honest feedback, at least clarify your statement a little bit....
    You have no idea? You know I have a trader (or you might have forgotten) for much longer than many people have even played the game. My qualifications to make a statement like this is that I was and have been doing endgame trader PVP since the time that Selltoj00 was PWNing everyone. A good trader back then didn't need BR, GTH and one-hit trick nanos to beat people.

Anyways, I don't really need to clarify. This isn't an argument that will somehow bring those tools back. Those tools are gone and they won't be coming back. Since the release of the 'new' nanos, SS, GTH, BR, etc... the concept of trader PVP has suffered. That's not to say they aren't more successful with those tools ... who ISN'T successful with tools that wipe nanopool, give 100% reflects or drain literally 1000's of AR?

For me, the proposal is a good direction.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 21st, 2011 at 21:02:38.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Well the nerf on low lvl traders was long overdue, but this is a bit harsh and cripples traders
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    For me, the proposal is a good direction.
    Well..for once, I have to agree with obtena...I like the general idea behind the proposed changes. It's just a pity that once against the sheet proves that AO dev team have no clue about the mechanisms, timings and values involved in AO PvP :/.
    Lejiia 220/30/70 trader on Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    currently, there are nanos that will buff self if there is no target, or will buff target if there is one.
    ergo, you buff yourself and your team if no target found (this would make the most sense, not sure why a dum dum like me has to point this out).
    Yes. Comps are one such example. There are far more buffs that require you to target yourself. I never quite got why not every buff works like comps do. Your guess is as good as mine whether you have to target yourself/someone in your team, if it'll work on yourself by default with no target and if it'll buff yourself with a hostile target. If the TargetsTeam mechanic allow it I'd be all for that.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast