Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Engineer Nano Document: Summary, Discussion and Feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Well, since our new snare will be an on-demand pet AoE instead of a refreshing aura, it'll be our own fault if the effectiveness of our nemesis nano is impeded by us snaring our target.
    What? We should be designed to kill people inside our snare aura - that will most likely be our 'blow perks, weapons specials, items' time.. not when the person is running away. I would much rather have my coupe de grass be during that snare time.

The game should be (and is) don't get caught in the first place, that is why people kite our pets and use freemovement if the snare lands. Getting caught should be the bad part, not running away after the engineer failed to kill you when he had you snared. But maybe that's just me?

Personally I would want our nemesis nano to be something which makes the target stand and fight me - which is our biggest strength and also our biggest weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    They really should change that concerning players. If you or your pet aren't hit for x number of seconds, then the game shouldn't keep you in combat. That way you can remove debuffs on your pet, or heal up yourself despite someone keeping the attack button on you.
    For PvE sure - for PvP not so much. Not really a fan of the idea of people running out 40m then using treatment kits then coming back at me or people LOS-ing and waiting for combat to drop to do the same, in-combat kits are weak for a reason.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Alright, here we go.

[Disclaimer]

The following concerns low and mid lvl engis. It does not reflect my opinion on 220engis.

[/Disclaimer]

Pets:

No lvl lock on the Scheol-Dog? Nice! I like it. Too bad it still requires Spec2. Suppose it's for lvl 90+

Reduced cast time on dog, increased on robot... annoying, but does not really matter, so long as you remember to keep extra shells everything should be fine.

Pet Heals:

Nice! Especially since it seems as if both pets are affected by the same cast.

Blinds:

The loss of the heavy aoe effects will hurt a lot in pvm as well as in pvp. Not entirely sure what yet what to think of the new ones, but they seem too low in their debuff to actually matter with engi evades being what they are.

Reflect-Debuff:

Too short in duration if you ask me. Increase to 9s please.
    Fair amount of +taunt on em.

DD proc:

well, its more dmg, not much to say there.

Init Buffs:

We gain 200 in melee & phys but loose 100 in r.init. Fair tradeoff considering of the general gain.

Weapons Buffs:

Nice! Me likes. Especially that there are the low/small +70/75 and the big +150/170 versions. Should help with lower lvl AR problems.
    Nice to see that the Slayerdroid Transferance did not get lost on the way. With phys.init now included in our repertoire and the Kyr'Ozch Nunchaks MA might actually become a decent choice for pvm MAs. Hell, maybe even in tl3/4 pvp.

Dmg Buffs:

Nice, nice. Hell, even lower cost on NCU and a team aura. Fun stuff.

Tradeskill Buffs:

Easily castable very own personal teachings/mastery/infuse/mochams/phatchams. Nice, nice. I like how you removed the lvl lock from the singles.

AC Buffs:

Like how you increased the buffed amount a bit as well as seriously decreased the NCU cost on the lower versions. But why are the big lvl locked versions still so costy?
    On a side note: ACs are nice to have and help a bit, but the real problem with them is that everyone is using weapons with huge min dmg. Sure, it helps in pvm, but in pvp? Meh... Would be nice to see some movement there.
    1k AC @ 10ncu will definitively help while leveling tho. Pretty cheap and easy way to cut off 100dmg a hit.

Dmg Shields:

.... honestly? They don't reduce dmg taken. All they do is dmg anyone who is doing dmg on you. Great! well, not so much... 50ncu for a 75er dmg shield? Right...
    Maybe it can hurt a bit in a self buffed tl3 environment, but anything past that and it looses its might/effectivity.

Now, IF they were to further reduce the dmg taken (after all calcs, e.g. reflect, absorbs, dtn, etc), then they would be interesting, especially as it would be a way to counter the high min dmg on weaps in pvp.

Self Blockers:

You're doing it wrong! If you just give 1s/1r @ tl3, engis will remain to be alpha fodder, same for tl4.
    How about something like this instead:
    lvl050: 3s/1r @ 60s
    lvl075: 3s/2r @ 60s
    lvl100: 3s/1r @ 50s
    lvl125: 3s/2r @ 50s
    lvl125: 3s/2r @ 40s (change this to 150req?)
    lvl175: 3s/2r @ 30s (change this to 165/170?)
    lvl185: 4s/2r @ 30s
    lvl195: 4s/3r @ 30s
    lvl215: 5s/3r @ 30s

Team Blockers:

Nice, can understand you on this one.

LE Nano "Nuke":

Not entirely sure what to think of it. 3k pvp dmg for ANYTHING below 149 seems harsh, specially considering that with current equipment this should be castable by lvl74s

Debuff Removers:

Nice to have a working toolset! I generally like it. Even though I will miss the high root&snare resist on the pets.

One question: what about charms? From what I can see we have no tool to get charmed pets back. Is this intended?

-----------------

Of course this is all moot until we can see how the perks & research will look like, what changes will occur to our engineer armor and other items. I mean the nanoskills e.g. on ofab will be adjusted, right? Or at least be replaced by something useful?

Oh well, that's it from me.
    Last edited by sannz; Jan 26th, 2011 at 13:34:46.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

I'm not sure pets will be charmable post-rebalance.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Interesting note, there's an MA buff for our pet. Does that mean pets (possibly even mobs?) will have actual skill values rather than straight up AAO?
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Interesting note, there's an MA buff for our pet. Does that mean pets (possibly even mobs?) will have actual skill values rather than straight up AAO?
    I'm afraid you must have read it wrong. Slayerdroid Transferance is self only. There is no other MA buff in our document.
    You are right on the pets using MA as attack skill tho. It would appear that way.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Does that mean pets (possibly even mobs?) will have actual skill values rather than straight up AAO?
    I've asked about that. If I get an answer, I'll share it. I expect to be told to wait until some details of rebalanced pets are released.

Byracka iddqd

I'm not sure pets will be charmable post-rebalance.
    what
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

I said, I'm not sure pets will be charmable post-rebalance.

Byracka iddqd

More regular blockers than spec blockers at lower levels.

A pet that tanks well at higher levels (based on what others said, I don't know personally).

All I want really.

Btw, is it bad if I can make a level 1 engineer that self casts ql50 pets based on the current documents?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Btw, is it bad if I can make a level 1 engineer that self casts ql50 pets based on the current documents?
    Nope. Relevant items are going to be reworked, and all the requirements figures in the document are placeholders; they'll be sorted out at the same time as items.

Byracka iddqd

Nope. Relevant items are going to be reworked, and all the requirements figures in the document are placeholders; they'll be sorted out at the same time as items.
    Too bad, it would have been hilarious with a 40ish gladiator bot using the blind and snare procs

buffing the pet with ma expertise and attributes doesnt change his damage done. Currently only +aao and +dmg buffs increase damage per hit. Tested via crits on the mobs outside of db a few months ago.

What about changing the +damge proc to a +crit proc. The widow use to be so deadly because it would get 4k crits on people.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    What about changing the +damge proc to a +crit proc. The widow use to be so deadly because it would get 4k crits on people.
    And that stopped happening because FC started flinging critical decrease around like nobody's business. Since crit chance for non-MAs is halved in PvP, we'd need to have more than double the crit bonus of most people's critical decrease. My engi has 9 crit decrease, but could easily get that figure up to 14. That'd mean the widow would need around 38 +crit to crit me one hit per 20 on average, or 48 +crit to crit me one hit in 10. I guess agents and docs who wear lots of enhanced molybdenum have a lot more crit decrease.

Now, if we get offered a 48 +crit buff for pets, I certainly won't turn it down, but I'm not sure I should ask for such a thing. If they'd even consider it, you can bet they'd give us a heavily toned-down version, which would help our pets do more damage in PvM, and help us kill gimps and greens faster, and neither of these are things we need help with.

(also, I'm quite sure the widow can't crit players for 4k )

Byracka iddqd

(also, I'm quite sure the widow can't crit players for 4k )
    who knows, maybe with that AC debuff from mechanic and medallion running........ *dreams on*
    keep smiling

Nah, the widow easily could hit upwards of 10k on a weakened target, then with the pvp halving get around a 4k hit. I know I've had it done before I just no longer have logs of it.

Note it was rare though, there were a lot of perks you had to have going on to make it happen.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Nah, the widow easily could hit upwards of 10k on a weakened target, then with the pvp halving get around a 4k hit. I know I've had it done before I just no longer have logs of it.

Note it was rare though, there were a lot of perks you had to have going on to make it happen.
    The current maximum is 3465, a fully buffed widow hitting a target with 0 AC and 0 reflect. I believe this drops to approx. 2500 against player with 10k AC (most people approach this number).
    Last edited by quieter456; Jan 30th, 2011 at 21:15:59.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Crit not normal hit.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Crit not normal hit.
    Max normal hit is 2678 vs. 0 AC.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Self Blockers:

You're doing it wrong! If you just give 1s/1r @ tl3, engis will remain to be alpha fodder, same for tl4.
    How about something like this instead:
    lvl050: 3s/1r @ 60s
    lvl075: 3s/2r @ 60s
    lvl100: 3s/1r @ 50s
    lvl125: 3s/2r @ 50s
    lvl125: 3s/2r @ 40s (change this to 150req?)
    lvl175: 3s/2r @ 30s (change this to 165/170?)
    lvl185: 4s/2r @ 30s
    lvl195: 4s/3r @ 30s
    lvl215: 5s/3r @ 30s
    I think lower levels need more regular blockers than specials honestly.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast