Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MassivelyTV: Anarchy Online Edition!

Lol as I was watching in 10 secs in... POP CAT FOOD COMMERCIAL! -.-

omg 10 mins in... srsly cat food commercials are annoying ;[
    Last edited by Lackofgravy; Jan 19th, 2011 at 20:48:33. Reason: pop ups annoying...
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Quote Originally Posted by Lackofgravy View Post
    Lol as I was watching in 10 secs in... POP CAT FOOD COMMERCIAL! -.-

omg 10 mins in... srsly fat food commercials are annoying ;[
    firefox with adblock plus FTW!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I didn't get any ads ;D It kinda reminded me wandering around noob island for about 11 hours trying to figure the game for the first time, eventually made it to Rome and luckily found a nice start up org. There is a big lack of direction at the lower levels, and with the whompah/grid system I know my wife still asks me the travel routes to get places.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

The uncontrollable anger was not mine. No sir! I swear.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    So there's one thing we need to do at least - Add in a visual indicator for exactly which mission you've got uploaded to your map. ;P
    or show ALL waypoints on the map, and show the mission name when you hover over it

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    So there's one thing we need to do at least - Add in a visual indicator for exactly which mission you've got uploaded to your map. ;P
    I think you need to add those silly big "!" and "?"s floating in the air, like every other freakin' MMO on the market did.

Sure it will look too Asian, but hey...

P.S.
    "Stucked in attack stance" visual bug is still with us, I see.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Jan 19th, 2011 at 16:57:41.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I think you need to add those silly big "!" and "?"s floating in the air, like every other freakin' MMO on the market did.
    no... just no

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    no... just no
    But, but... Think of the n00bs. :'( You meanie. :\

But, but... Think of the n00bs. :'( You meanie. :\
    think of the AO atmosphere giant punctuation marks would totally ruin the game.

At least for the very first NPC a lot of people miss (by running left), I've been thinking it would help to let him buff himself often, the particle will make him stand out a bit more. Would be easy enough to add and should attract the attention of most noobs.

Maybe instead of immersion-breaking ?! marks, they could add boss auras to quest NPCs? Just something you notice.

or just make the thorn convo start automatically upon arrival

Doesn't blue name mean it's a quest-npc or such? I haven't really paid attention to the consistency of those blue names but blue names often seem to hint at questage.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    think of the AO atmosphere giant punctuation marks would totally ruin the game.
    Why? If they are visible only to people who are running specific mission in their mission rooster.

Marks should apply only to active mission. That's what I meant.

still would ruin the atmosphere, IMO

There are floating boxes with question marks on the old backyards. I don't think they actually float over anyone's head, though, i haven't looked recently.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    There are floating boxes with question marks on the old backyards. I don't think they actually float over anyone's head, though, i haven't looked recently.
    And we have that new floating question mark thing you can see next to a few of the Agency direction signs. Sort of like the "big exclamation mark" but more discrete and fits with the theme a bit more.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Maybe make Quest NPCs hold signs with "!" and "?" on them?
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    Maybe make Quest NPCs hold signs with "!" and "?" on them?
    Funny and in theme with AO. I approve.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    amgawd but it totally ruins teh atmosphere.

About the Daily Mission.

Beau had the proper mission uploaded from the moment he received it - that Daily mission has a waypoint set at the center of the Wartorn Valley ruins, though, and you have to actually scout around the whole area for suitable mobs. What threw us for a loop was that he opened up another mish that was also located in Wartorn Valley right after getting the Daily and we didn't see what the actual Daily was, or that he had several missions in his mission list. Once we spotted the 'real' Daily Mission, we got it cleared up in a hurry. AO can't mark 'areas' the way AoC and other games do when you need to kill mobs in a general area, they can only mark a single point, which just added to the confusion in this situation.

As for IP, Beau didn't ask where to put IP, and we didn't tell him where to put it. Those of us who knew he was in-game were as hands-off as possible, to not color his evaluation of AO. He was mainly using the auto assign IP button but on some levels had started sticking IP where he thought it would be interesting. Keep in mind that this guy plays like 5-10 games a day, every day, year round (check his columns on Massively)
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast