Thread: Notum Wars Teaser analysis

Notum Wars Teaser analysis

Yes, it looks interesting and now we're getting a bit more information it could shape up to be pretty funky.

I've been running the teaser, looking at the details it contains and I've got some queries.

First up, orbital facility. Is this just eye candy - possible intro sequence for NW, the new character creation location (airport longue, as someone coined it?) or an actual feature?

Skip the character creation bit, past the girl with the fast forward hair style...

...and into the arrivals lounge. Note, on the right, what appears to be a full size whompa map and some bizarre kind of brown statue with wings/arms???

As we skim thru the lounge area, we head towards what I assume is the actual alignment departure area, past the exit sign above.

Fast forward thru a day/night cycle in Tir (?) and follow a Yalm flightpath over possibly Omni Ent and a clan/neutral city. Bleeds into a brief shot of Omni Trade.

And this is where it gets interesting...

In this shot, there is a craft descending the verticle, towards the whompas in trade. The next shot shows the flat discs carried by the statues in Trade which flank the exit to Harry's, etc. Perched on these discs are a number of craft.

From the angle, it looks like they're facing away from us. Twin, possible quad engined gull wing vehicles, with what appears to be some kind of container slung below them, grasped in arms beneath these craft.

So far, this is what intrigues me the most. What are these vehicles???

At first guess, it's more eye candy, but I hope not. They look like cargo haulers, but so far we have nothing worth hauling in bulk...
    unless you consider the idea that they are the components of the notum towers.

Either way, they look interesting and I look forward to the arrival of these craft over the skies of Rubi Ka.

Incidentally, there is another craft which appears to be flying over the towers in this shot, travelling right to left, diagonally across the screen. From the shape of it, it's one of the floating blobs found hanging over Harry's and Omni Trade.

Next we get a shot of a Notum tower in operation, then finally treated to a glimpse of the new Yalms/ground vehicles. Personally, I'm not that keen on them yet - perhaps it'll grow on me.

Overall, I'm left with more questions than answers, but hopefully as time goes on, we'll get more information on the content.

Looking forward to this much more than I was now... a possible convert.

Bradleystoke RK-1

heh all i can say is do us docs get new air ambluance then?

heh i would like a new funky yalm with go faster stripes and a nice horn plz

Re: Notum Wars Teaser analysis

Originally posted by Bradleystoke

Overall, I'm left with more questions than answers
    Looks like the teaser worked then

Nexus Out...

My hopes are that it's a passenger-container! I've been wanting to be a taxidriver for a year now!

Seriously, the Stiletto-version yalm looks sleek! I can't wait to get my dirty little hands on one.

Cool

They may well be nothing more than "eye candy" which has been mentioned in the latest artical :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "We want to keep some details a surprise, but I will say that everyone will be able to feel that Rubi-Ka is a more active planet, especially within bustling cities. "

Gaute Godager
    Anarchy Online Game Director.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The vehicles could simply be a flying version of the carrier craft. Maybe now we'll actually be able to put people in them (egad!). If you must know, though, the creature is a desert eremite. Those of you who are stuck on the Newland/Tir to Home and back again circuit miss out on a lot of neat stuff
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Re: Notum Wars Teaser analysis

Originally posted by Bradleystoke

...and into the arrivals lounge. Note, on the right, what appears to be a full size whompa map and some bizarre kind of brown statue with wings/arms???
    That statue looks like a statue of Erenmite

Ah yes I remember this. Look on http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/geo_la...mitealtar.html

Is that what you are talking about?

BTW Bradleystoke, do you live in SadlyBroke? I do! If you are confused by that statement, you don't live there
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

BTW Bradleystoke, do you live in SadlyBroke? I do! If you are confused by that statement, you don't live there
    Do a search for both on RK-1, that should answer your question.

Also had several other chars, recently deleted:

Ashleydown
    Leighwoods
    Harrystoke

Of course, you'd have to be familiar with the area to understand this little joke...

__________________________________________________ __
    First up, orbital facility. Is this just eye candy - possible intro sequence for NW, the new character creation location (airport longue, as someone coined it?) or an actual feature?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The orbital Facility is part of the short little 'intro movie' in character creation in 14.6

__________________________________________________ __
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a shuddle map. Shows the start locations.

Also the strange monster is an Erumite. Very powerful monster that spawns commonly in Belial Forest, SAV and other high lvl areas. It's a display of several people fighting one. A fallen soldier reaching for his gun, and adventurer firing at the beast and a floating MP casting a DD.

Log onto test and check it out yourself. The new character creation system is very very nice
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"