Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NT's post rebalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    We will get a stone sword in a box for the whole deal.

Also, everyone will cry and delete their NTs and I will be happy to once again be one of the sole active NTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Delerium View Post
    bring gasoline.. I'll bring marshmellows and a pitchfork. Not closing any options then
    I'm with the heretic up top. With Gasoline!

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Yes well, considerin gNTs are essentially the worst crats enemies have, I'm going to go ahead cry like is can haf tissue plx *whine* (incoherent blubbering)
    HAHA, It STARTS! MHhmmmem, crat tears. ^.^
    Last edited by Solstiare; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 07:18:27.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

well, beyond having a significantly improved dmg output at all levels, I foresee us being the true glass cannons of 2012. should be a fun year for NT's, with plenty of sweet and sour moments to make a new scrapbook of pwn with.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I like how you said 2012 and not 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.
    +1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekah View Post
    I like how you said 2012 and not 2011
    2012 is ambitious.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

When YOUR profession is based 99% around nanos for attack and defense, you can whine. What you are looking at is the loose equivalent to having all the guns, nanos and ammo used by soldiers retooled. Most professions don't require that.

Besides, these are the NANO docs, addressing, well duh, nano programs. That NT's in general have way more of them seems to have missed you.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.

+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    Besides, these are the NANO docs, addressing, well duh, nano programs. That NT's in general have way more of them seems to have missed you.

What does quantity have to do with how much effort is put into the QUALITY of the changes.
    It may mean more time is needed because they are so many, infact fixers have effectively 33 lines and NTs only 22. Surely that means more 'effort' is needed to make the fixer changes.

Just sayin so many profs were asking for some action to develop their prof's role in the area they wanted and NT's got thiers. Alot of the other guys still havent had any work in the direction their community is asking, despite nanos being a big part of all the professions.
    Last edited by Dreamer; Apr 3rd, 2011 at 20:15:29.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

When YOUR profession is based 99% around nanos for attack and defense, you can whine. What you are looking at is the loose equivalent to having all the guns, nanos and ammo used by soldiers retooled. Most professions don't require that.

Speaking for Traders. And copy pasta.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

really? and the stamina buff is a direction that we wanted.. how? and ns mk2? wth is that?!

point is you are seeing things like someone else has a nicer lawn.
    ____ Equipment

Not really, your arguing symantics now :P If i got a stam buff as an NM i'd be fairly happy?

But the response to the NT document wasnt 'OMG this sucks" or "meh not bad" it was "Finally! ima reactivate my NT now". You definitely have a step in the right direction (from the NT community POV), my original point still stands valid regardless - i do wish this much effort was put into each profession.

I realise Fixers were in a fairly good place to begin with, but so were advys and now they have a more adventurous toolset (see what i did there?). The potential is there for so many things (not just as a fixer, i also have a couple other profs ) yet it seems the potential was not realised in some cases.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

Not really, your arguing symantics now :P If i got a stam buff as an NM i'd be fairly happy?

But the response to the NT document wasnt 'OMG this sucks" or "meh not bad" it was "Finally! ima reactivate my NT now". You definitely have a step in the right direction (from the NT community POV), my original point still stands valid regardless - i do wish this much effort was put into each profession.

I realise Fixers were in a fairly good place to begin with, but so were advys and now they have a more adventurous toolset (see what i did there?). The potential is there for so many things (not just as a fixer, i also have a couple other profs ) yet it seems the potential was not realised in some cases.
    Like the MPs? Who got one love (heal pet heal), loads of doubtfull goods (DtP which will hit all pets, new evade buffs with the purpose to divert ppl from all SS loss, a promisse that attack pet will have enough ar/dd, uber creation weapons that are 3/3...) and freaking nurf nerfs (all debuffs in pvm, completely vanishment of SS, unbearable nerf on Zset.

I'm not really saying the NT nanodoc should be nerfed. Zomg, this almost the only ones which is nice and have nice stuff (NT, MA and Adv so far).

And that while other profs was hitted so hard with The Nerf Hammer that they will become hellish to play with (guess what, I have MP and Enf).
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

really? and the stamina buff is a direction that we wanted.. how? and ns mk2? wth is that?!

point is you are seeing things like someone else has a nicer lawn.
    To put the Trader changes into context for NTs...

- Complete removal of DtN programs (Nanobot shields)
    - Removal of AAO debuffs (blinds)
    - Layers, HP+Nr line getting merged into one line and requiring 3k MM/BM/MC as well as costing 1/4 of your max nano to cast.

- You can now sacrifice 100% of your nano damage modifier to increase your teams pool by 5% every 10 seconds.

Yes, the lawn is a lot greener at your place.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

"ZOMG I got nerfed so much harder than you did!"

(Exaggerated comparison of toolsets)

(Insert round-about-way of justifying how "my" profession should be completely overpowered while concealing it under the pre-texts of actually desiring balance among professions)

QFT:IBTL:FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    "ZOMG I got nerfed so much harder than you did!"

(Exaggerated comparison of toolsets)

(Insert round-about-way of justifying how "my" profession should be completely overpowered while concealing it under the pre-texts of actually desiring balance among professions)

QFT:IBTL:FTW
    ITT: My Main is also an Enforcer, and i get aroused by killing grey players.
    Last edited by Shareida; Apr 5th, 2011 at 00:06:31. Reason: linking to enzyclopedia dramatica might probably get me infractions
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    ITT: My Main is also an Enforcer, and i get aroused by killing grey players.
    those are horrible horrible people, hehe.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

does every breed/gender of nt need a different cyber deck still? it's pretty annoying to do !items cyberdeck and get 449345 results instead of like 5...

I agree with Dreamer. Granted, Agents are coming up and that's my main so I'm still hopeful.

But really, since the beginning I have thought that alot of the nano docs have seemed like "sprinkle some random nerfs for no reason here, boost some stuff over there, completely remove this and that, there done" and the community is left going... WTF?

The NT nano document is probably the best thats been released so far in terms of thoughtfulness, creativity, redefining the profession instead of just nerfing the tool that produce the most whines, and generally making the NT a more fun and involved class to play. All of that is AWESOME.

If this is the quality of changes that FC is capable of, the other nano documents just really seem lackluster. Like Soldier for example. The changes just seem ****ty compared to NTs.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Soldiers and other professions aren't as nano dependent. The other balance changes that will affect those will be the total special changes and the item changes.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast