Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NT's post rebalance.

Funcom employee

Getting the doc out to the Profs has been a bit delayed unfortunately, just due to the amount of work Genele and I have been doing to the document the last week or so - There've been a few major changes we've been putting effort into the last couple of days which, while causing a bit of a delay in getting it to the Professionals, is stuff we woulda had to fix/improve eventually *anyway* so it's all time well spent.

The document should be out to the Pros this week, however, and with any luck we'll have a public version ready for show in the next couple of weeks. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Gasoline it is then!!!

Funcom employee

(psssst: its live to the profs now)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    (psssst: its live to the profs now)
    (pssssst. can you PM the doc? I won't tell the devs about the leak.)

*hopes this is the profs' reaction*
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Go on one of our professionals - go all julian assange on FC and leak what you know.

Serve's em right for this teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    ..go all julian assange on FC....
    I'm not sure if raping them is entirely appropriate.

Kintaii gave me the okay to tell you -SOME- stuff..so here goes:

- Triples and Doubles have been taken out, but in their place is Quintuple Nuke that you can cast every 6 minutes. Plenty of pain i think.

- Nullity Sphere has been changed. All damage dealt to you will still be null, but all damage that you WOULD have taken is absorbed into the Nullity Sphere program. After the nano ends, you can use 1/2 of the amount of damage absorbed as a "super nuke" towards your opponent.

- Kiting will no longer exist. For every mob following you, you lose 75 runspeed. Fair, i think.

- NT's calms have been changed to be different than crat and trader calms to be used more towards PVP than PVM. Our calms will not be usable on Mobs, but in PVP, you can calm people for 1/5/10 and 25 seconds. Your opponent will not be able to move/attack/heal/perk, but if they get hit again, the calm breaks.

That is all I am allowed to tell for now...

oh... April 1st is tomorrow...=p
    Last edited by DecemberSky; Mar 31st, 2011 at 05:28:31.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post

- Triples and Doubles have been taken out, but in their place is Quintuple Nuke that you can cast every 6 minutes. Plenty of pain i think.

- Nullity Sphere has been changed. All damage dealt to you will still be null, but all damage that you WOULD have taken is absorbed into the Nullity Sphere program. After the nano ends, you can use 1/2 of the amount of damage absorbed as a "super nuke" towards your opponent.

- Kiting will no longer exist. For every mob following you, you lose 75 runspeed. Fair, i think.

- NT's calms have been changed to be different than crat and trader calms to be used more towards PVP than PVM. Our calms will not be usable on Mobs, but in PVP, you can calm people for 1/5/10 and 25 seconds. Your opponent will not be able to move/attack/heal/perk, but if they get hit again, the calm breaks.

That is all I am allowed to tell for now...

oh... April Fools is tomorrow =D
    Is this a joke? Like... seriously?

April fools is tomorrow, not today >.>
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

omg omg omg, this looks fun!

now go sell this to the devs for realz pls ^^
    Last edited by RedWatr; Mar 31st, 2011 at 07:13:49.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Eh what?
    So i can nuke tara for 435435345 of damage after getting assaulted by 45 angry clams, oh yes how sweet
    Sounds a bit too good to be true as well.

Lol what? sounds extremly ridiculous if nt would be the only prof getting a snare when mobs aggro it, i can't really belive this

Sounds like a stun to me, i belive fc's plan on having anything not being able to do anything for more than ~7-10 sec is over kill, so i can't really belive this either.
    And not being calmers in pvm any more? come'on ... hard to belive as well.

Yeah well i hope you jumped the gun on that
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Mar 31st, 2011 at 07:28:10.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

well, if I made it -too- believable, people would just believe me and not find it funny at all. hm hm hm =p
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

What i *would* like to see is a sort of "hail marry" nuke that would deplete all of your pool and do damage on a 1:1 scale or something like that, seems apropiate so having 50k pool = 50k nuke (base) now that would be fun
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

You had me going for a second, then I saw calming players for 25s. lol.
    TBH, seems anything is possible with this 'rebalancing' so you never can tell
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

I wouldn't rule out 'quintuples' entirely, tbh... seems like something they might do.

Funcom employee

idk i was thinking sextuples myself
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Kintaii said 'sex', hihi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    idk i was thinking sextuples myself
    Kinky.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Kintaii seems so happy... Beware
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Funcom employee

Just excited, really. This is the document I've had the most involvement with, and even though the finalized product is the combined vision of both myself and Genele (and the feedback we've gotten over the years from you guys, of course) I've got a lotta pride in what we're going to show you guys. I'm not going to say that *everyone* is going to be thrilled and happy with what we've done, at least on first glance, but I think that once people wrap their head around the newer systems we're introducing for NT they'll be pleased with the design direction we're taking the profession in. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast