Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NT's post rebalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Yeah, no, if you're worried about the nuking toolsets of everybody else don't be. XD You guys are and will always be the kings of nuking - I've got a whole fleet of goodness incoming for y'all. >
    I don't care much about defensively playing my NT.

Just throw in the possibility to opt for a +crit and +% nanodamage setup on my NT and I'll be happy to play AO till it's shut down. No matter how squishy it would make my toon.

Hell, I'll even roll a 3rd NT to play with all goodies from the start.
    Last edited by Khlin; Feb 3rd, 2011 at 17:33:38.

Whatever you do, please don't make that cd required to actually land stuff... big problem with not using cd was that, on top of making you very inefficient dmg wise, it also meant a lot of goodies just didn't land (cd was (and guess still is?) required to use our -1k nr debuff).

Ok for needing it for the biggest dmg stuff, but it shouldn't be required to fulfill the role of a versatile, zone controlling toon.

I'm mitigated about the dmg growing with mc... really don't want to end up in a situation where:
    - all nts have the same setup
    - others complain about our dmg, and we have to point to our survivability and basically end up defending something we don't like.
    But well, maybe it's still a good idea.

Diversity of toolset and setups were what made the profession fun to me.

But seriously, you people are a bunch of masochists to go and strongly revamp the different professions... even if done perfectly and 100% fairly, you would still end up drowning in the deluge of whines /wrist /quit.
    Btw, by then, schluups ark will be ready to save 2 females of each breed!

schluups,
    nano-shentician at heart
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii
    That said, do I think NTs will be able to be in the top-tier of damage dealers when going for a full MC setup? Yes. I'm not going to make you any grandiose promises of always being #1, but I would be surprised if you weren't typically up there.
    sounds like for DD you must reset your Notum Repulsor... so...
    in the PvE/M it's really not important, but in the PvP where Notum Repulsor is "must have" you lost DD.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    sounds like for DD you must reset your Notum Repulsor... so...
    in the PvE/M it's really not important, but in the PvP where Notum Repulsor is "must have" you lost DD.
    If FC wants this Rebalance stuff to have any sense at all, the Notum Repulsor perkline will go to hell where it belongs anyway, at least in its present retarded form. I won't consider Rebalancing a success if Notum Repuslor doesn't get changed beyond recognition.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    If FC wants this Rebalance stuff to have any sense at all, the Notum Repulsor perkline will go to hell where it belongs anyway, at least in its present retarded form. I won't consider Rebalancing a success if Notum Repuslor doesn't get changed beyond recognition.
    It's almost a certainty, considering the engineer nano documentation in particular.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    It's almost a certainty, considering the engineer nano documentation in particular.
    Yea, engi "nano" doc proved encouraging in that it became obvious NR had to be reworked entirely to avoid the spawning of NR engis right left and center.

However, iirc the posts made by Kintaii in the Shade forum seemed to point at a vision of shades based on two main setups : the endgame nano users and the NR perked shades. Add to that the weird absence of General perklines pdf, and you will agree with me that for what we can see, FC still hasn't a really precise idea of what they are gonna do with that retarded perkline.

Beside our own nano sheet, the treatment of that perkline is prolly what I'm the most interested to see. I will launch my own personnal crusade, 2004 NT forum style, if the result ain't to my liking
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Beside our own nano sheet, the treatment of that perkline is prolly what I'm the most interested to see. I will launch my own personnal crusade, 2004 NT forum style, if the result ain't to my liking
    So we can expect a ressurection of 7th and satenia shortly?
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

You bet you can, baby!!11!!

PS : <3 Del
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Kintai stated somewhere in one of the Engie documents threads that NR would be getting -tradeskills to it to prevent Engineers from abusing it.

So it would seem NR is staying, in some form or another at least.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Well the "nanoweaving" thing is deemed too elaborate and will be changed into a simpler system of dmg+effects that you choose from based on the damage you're dealing.
    Heh... Age of Conan flashback... Not sure how many years they kept bragging about the Spell Weaving system there, only to skip it when release got close.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

And then implement it in an extremely weird way.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

An opinion of mine related to this rebalance -

I don't want to have to press Q to enter combat mode and auto-attack a single target.

Not sure if i'm alone in this - but its one of the many reasons i can play NT; and despise all other professions.

I don't mind if we get say; optional guns - and NT can choose to press Q.

I just don't want to be forced to do it at the point of said guns. (or be nerfed to the stoneage because i refuse to become ordinary)

1) They should have an easier time reaching the highest damage template, but not be the only breed able to achieve it in a reasonably good setup. Any NT of any breed with enough work on his setup and a decent amount of MC buffing gear should be able to achieve the same result.
    But than why would anyone choose NM to begin with.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    hi!
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I just wanted to throw this out there... a big ole' thank you to Kintaii and the rest of the team! (Hope you guys are all feeling better! lol)

Waiting for rebalance is like waiting for a Christmas with no set date! I'll be patient... Good things come to those who wait right?

Sounds like there are a lot of exciting changes in the future (with the NT prof) and I am looking forward to seeing more of the details when the doc drops.

I couldn't agree more that the customiz-ability of AO is it's strength and not its weakness and I'd love to see some viable options for NT's without decks. Removing those locks will unleash all types of creative magic. Same as revitalizing the cause and effect of breed selection.

The idea of an NT-tank just makes me so happy... some really exciting opportunities there.

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    You mean beside nanopool/nanopoints ratio, better cost reduction and the best genome ever?

Obviously because NM would be the best breed to manage top high damage template while maintaining the highest amount of evade / AAD / max hp / NR / younameit from their gear compared to other breeds.

And anyway, why would NT's best damage template be a NM-only benefit while afaik there's no discussion about what breed should be the only one able to achieve MBS on endgame weapons of sols, shades, etc?
    Last edited by Shrubberyman; Mar 14th, 2011 at 13:30:59.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    The Nano-Technician doc is near completion and will be out to the Professionals either later today or Monday depending on some last-minute stuff. Work on this one has gone quick, and I really think we've got something interesting and unique for the profession to look over.
    Brace for impact...
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Hopefully, The impact will be of great DD across all level ranges and not 215+ ^.^

dammit, I can't decide if I should bring popcorn or gasoline. It's one or the other, I can't carry enough of both.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Going to be exciting
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast