Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NT's post rebalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    .... can we still be e-bros?
    can't promise anything, we'll talk after my therapy
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Nanocost cap need to have bigger difference between Atrox and nanomage, what about Healdelta and nanodelta? Will atrox have better HD and nanomage have bigger ND than other breed? I think it should.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Nanocost cap need to have bigger difference between Atrox and nanomage, what about Healdelta and nanodelta? Will atrox have better HD and nanomage have bigger ND than other breed? I think it should.
    10% is rather a lot already :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    10% is rather a lot already :|
    yeah, 10% nano cost is a lot, but it always surprised me that breed had almost no inpacts on HD / ND value (2 points is realy not a lot)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Well, originally noone had could get 2 second healdelta anyway, or get even close. So it didn't matter nearly as much as it does now. Maybe there'll be news on this later? We haven't seen anything about breed-rebalancing after all, other than perks.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

10 percentage points difference actually makes more than 10% difference to real cost:

Assuming a nano with 100 base cost at capped cost reduction:
    Casting cost for NM: 45 nano
    Casting cost for Atrox: 55 nano
    Difference: 10 nano
    Additional cost for Atrox in %: 10 / 45 ~= 0.222 = 22.2%

So at capped cost reduction, actual nano cost for atrox is 22.2% higher than for NM.
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I'm not gonna lie - In the entirety of this process, we've set out to make breed choice actually *matter* again, and your playstyle *will* be influenced by your breed of choice. Importance of breed choice is one of those things that has heavily slipped over the years - No one can sit here and convince me that Atrox should be the obvious breed-of-choice for the majority of the professions in-game, but yet that's where we've tended to find ourselves.

The only real "benefit" Nanomages have at the moment are the increased benefits from NBS/G/Shelter (which, for the record, are disappearing from those nanos - we're attempting to remove that sort of "breed-based benefit" from nanos where-ever we can) and the Dreadloch HUD item (which is also likely to receive changes during the item rebalancing). Prior to those, Atrox was *the* breed choice for a long time, and the only reason it swung back to NM was due to (what are in my own opinion) bandaid 'balance fixes' brought on by the aforementioned items/nanos.

Will an Atrox NT still be able to bring the pain? Yes. But they'll really shine as a defensive tank NT. Opifex can do the same, but they'll work better with evading. Nanomages are by design weaker and smarter than other breeds; they, just by natural default, will be able to receive higher nanoskill ratings and will be able to unleash serious hurt, but they're still squishy - Aggro management (and understanding their active defensive toolset) will be extremely important to them should they decide to go for all-out damage. All of the breeds *will* be able to go for a max-damage or defensive setup if they *want*, but some breeds will be better for certain things than others.

Breed choice *has* to make a difference and be important, and doing that through lame breed-exclusion on nanos or via a single item is just... not cool. At least to me. Each breed will have their points, purposes, and strengths, but don't expect an Atrox NT to have the same advantages/disadvantages as a Nanomage. Having breeds doing the same thing is lame - If everyone performs roughly the same, then what's the importance of the choice?

AO is and has always been about experimentation in setups. It's what makes it *AO* - Trying different things, screwing around with equipment, figuring out what makes for a unique build and twinking on random crap to see how well it flies. Allowing for differences between the breed choices enhances that ability to experiment, and really brings the game a lot closer to its original roots (y'know, before we started putting Int/Psy on all the Atrox gear ;P). Choices are a good thing - It's what makes us unique. And enhancing the differences that those breed choices make will only aid in the experimentation that makes AO's gameplay different and fun.
    I wouldnt disagree with any of that, but with all the nano cost increases that are coming in (across the board), isnt there a danger of ending up with NM as *the* breed choice?

While other breeds have their own attributes, I wonder if any of those will make up for the difference in nano, bearing in mind that almost every profession is dependant on casting nanos and casting them often.
    stuff

Somehow I doubt that everyone will reroll NM...
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Somehow I doubt that everyone will reroll NM...
    Everyone didnt roll Atrox either, but it is still *the* breed of choice for many professions....
    stuff

nbg is not gonna get nerfed ??? that is a damn shame it is by far the best defense and simply no way to get around it ( spec attacks stil cut through evade perks and ams as quite a few couners ) i can already feel the nbg / ns cycling unkillable horde of nts in bs. on the other hand i find it kinda wrong, that i can land every perk on them so its is sort of fair but still very very effective.
    Last edited by Rush3R; Jan 21st, 2011 at 20:39:41.

Funcom employee

Never said it would, never said it wouldn't. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Rush3R View Post
    nbg is not gonna get nerfed ??? that is a damn shame it is by far the best defense and simply no way to get around it ( spec attacks stil cut through evade perks and ams as quite a few couners ) i can already feel the nbg / ns cycling unkillable horde of nts in bs. on the other hand i find it kinda wrong, that i can land every perk on them so its is sort of fair but still very very effective.
    You do realise that NBG has an epic nano drain that leaves NTs completely defenceless after use regardless of whether or not someone did enough damage to get through it right? NBG is a last resort at best....sure its a nice way of prolonging a fight long enough to finish someone off, but the crippling effect it leaves behind more than makes up for that, the drain also means that there is certainly no chance of cycling NBG and NS.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Just don't smoke what u smoked while doing rebalacing document for traders

Or i'll have to reroll other 2 toons.

I was thinking about re-rolling Nanomage because of all the damage to nano perks they were getting, time will truly tell though. I might like Solitus even more than I do now since tacky hack + survival will be in the same line (if the perks stay the same as the current docs) and the proposed boost to the Survial Perk looks reaaaallllly nice. Tacky Hack will also break roots on top of giving you the 90-100% resists so that will be really nice to play with ... might even have to roll another NT for Nanomage if I can't choose between the two breeds.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy View Post
    You do realise that NBG has an epic nano drain that leaves NTs completely defenceless after use regardless of whether or not someone did enough damage to get through it right? NBG is a last resort at best....sure its a nice way of prolonging a fight long enough to finish someone off, but the crippling effect it leaves behind more than makes up for that, the drain also means that there is certainly no chance of cycling NBG and NS.
    Yeah and there's this thing called decon that just refills it instantly in BS.

every NT i've come across in BS just uses NBG as soon as i get near him, it's not a "last resort" its a general tool you can use whenever you want with no real drawbacks. Imo NBG should REDUCE nano damage on use, not increase it. It's a defensive tool after all.....

But if you want to keep the nanodamage buff then I guess it could trigger offensive focus so NS2 cannot be used afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post

every NT i've come across in BS just uses NBG as soon as i get near him, it's not a "last resort" its a general tool you can use whenever you want with no real drawbacks. Imo NBG should REDUCE nano damage on use, not increase it. It's a defensive tool after all.....

But if you want to keep the nanodamage buff then I guess it could trigger offensive focus so NS2 cannot be used afterwards.
    NBG doesn't buff nano damage. NBS does, and by using NBS you lock yourself out of using both NBS and NBG for 30 minutes.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by 2005 year. Random PvP discussion
    you can't kill NT? Gimp! ROFL!
    Main target - this should not happen again.

Second target - nerf 1 button spam.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post

Oh OK, so dying isn't a drawback, I'm glad we agree that nothing's overpowered then ^^
    The Red Brotherhood

I dont like the idea of NTs using weapons. Cyberdeck fits their rp concept. Its 238762 century (?) wand. With weapon it would be just another hybrid like crat, , mp , trader or doc. We have to many of those anyway.

Maybe there should be just some different versions of decks for different levels with aad/run speed, + nano dmg/nano pool, hp/ac/reflect? Or a nano that you could use to program / set your cyberdeck for some time like off and def focus today. This could be followed by different visuals, at last colors, to break monotony.

BTW ive always loved playing mage archetypes but I could hardly stand it in AO it needs auto attack at last. And some good AoEs for higher levels! We could also use better dots.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Jan 27th, 2011 at 13:32:33.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

And some good AoEs
    yes. And this is very annoy where your AoE just instakill you in mass PvP. Current version effective only in PvE/M.
    In PvP this is just fast way to reclaim (except MBC. thnx Masta ).
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Jan 27th, 2011 at 20:34:52.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast