Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NT's post rebalance.

Quote Originally Posted by -Mastablasta- View Post
    Soldiers and other professions aren't as nano dependent. The other balance changes that will affect those will be the total special changes and the item changes.
    Traders are entirely nano dependent. Compared to NTs, their nano document is full of weird nerfs, and shows absolutely no outside the box thinking.

MPs are entirely nano dependent. Same thing as Traders. Weird nerfs, no creativity, lackluster changes.

Enfos are extremely nano dependent. Weird nerfs that make no sense, no creativity, no secondary role.

You can't trivialize the weak and uninspired nano changes for other professions because of the prevalence or reliance on nanos. Crappy changes are crappy changes, no matter how much they will be used.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Doesn't change the fact that those changes streamlined those professions with a clear line, compared to the overall mess of things that are now. Just because they don't change everything, but rather put things into a more balanced state. Those professions needed some heavy nerfing to be put in line, and were given the focus on combat they needed.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Those professions needed some heavy nerfing to be put in line, and were given the focus on combat they needed.
    Since when MPs need heavy nerfing?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Since when MPs need heavy nerfing?
    Since SoZ apparently.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 29, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Doesn't change the fact that those changes streamlined those professions with a clear line, compared to the overall mess of things that are now. Just because they don't change everything, but rather put things into a more balanced state. Those professions needed some heavy nerfing to be put in line, and were given the focus on combat they needed.
    Are you kidding me?

MPs and Traders need more focus on combat? MPs needed heavy nerfing? Traders needed more nerfing on top of the GTH/BR decimation that happened? You can't be serious Masta...

The NT document is proof that FC can do better if they put a little thoughtfulness into it. It's a very valid comparison to take a nano document that is just about perfectly redesigned and compare it with the nano documents that made people scratch their heads and wonder what just happened. The conclusion you arrive at just about every time is that you have been short changed.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

They needed focus, and that required nerfs in one area and boosts in others. You can discuss those professions when round 2 of the feedback gathering starts.
    The Red Brotherhood

They needed focus, and that required nerfs in one area and boosts in others. You can discuss those professions when round 2 of the feedback gathering starts.
    I have to admit, the whole argument is probably out of place, since it is still the NT forums.

But i fail to see the areas that got boosted in the trader document.
    Unless you call a 4k AC buff a boost ofc.

Once again, I am happy to see the NT document, which wears the handwriting of someone who knows the class. It is well thought through and quite certainly playable.
    Last edited by Shareida; Apr 6th, 2011 at 13:39:18.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Once again, I am happy to see the NT document, which wears the handwriting of someone who knows the class. It is well thought through and quite certainly playable.
    I'll just bump this, and move my complaining somewhere else.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

I'm looking forward to rolling another NT when this hits live
    Metalynx, hey, Metalynx!
    Is there any Smoked Reet left?

"You ate it all already, didn't you?"
    Nyoro~n

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by NixBood View Post
    I'm looking forward to rolling another [insert any profession here] when this hits live
    This should be what every player thinks after rebalance. Only then it's a success.

(Oh and, I'm looking forward to leveling my NT when this hits live)
    ...and that's the way the cookie crumbles...

I am somewhat worried about where this is heading...

To proper test the changes, and adjust and correct imbalance, will take some time.
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenhwyfer View Post
    Edit:

This should be what every player thinks after rebalance. Only then it's a success.

(Oh and, I'm looking forward to leveling my NT when this hits live)
    I would think this, but I'm not going to farm NS2 again (and not gonna buy it at current nosebleed prices), and I am NOT re-farming all that Lya's for new alts

But I am looking forward to leveling my various alts after the rebalance, should be refreshing.

Aside from pvp.... how about making the nano "Forget Me!" Work...

You mean how it already works just fine?
    The Red Brotherhood

You mean how it already works just fine?
    Try using it in s42. Mass agg from mobs I didn't attack... Spamming "Forget Me!" has zero effect on those aliens. Or maybe I just need to yell at the doctors for not healing me (you know, because the enfo isnt important or w/e)
    -I DO get agg from the mob I have over DD'd occationally, but that is far different from having 10 mobs you didnt touch chasing you around. After you've already wasted both sheilds and have no more nanopool left... would be nice to have it work on aliens.
    -Blind a vanguard. It'll attack/follow you. Drag it to an omni. Cast "Forget Me!". Instead of switching targets, the vanguard keeps attacking me. The only way to get it to attack the omni, is to LoS the mob. LoS > Forget Me.

Removal of nbg: who wants to farm ns2? Seriously. Remove ns2.... its 'going to be' the same as nbg... so just keep nbg. *OR* change nbg quest reward to be ns2. In addition, remove nano delpetion. NT downtime between close fights is retarded atm.

Now another issue I have.... Duel a good soldier. Look at how close the duel is, even with LE nukes. Now take away 20k nanopool from IW. Nerf peirce reflect from -100 to -35, and it's also a separate nano line you have to cast. I have my concerns over re-balance, we'll have to see when it hits live.... I hope re-balance means either "every class has an even fight if gone toe to toe with same tier items". or that each class has an equal number of profs it cannot beat toe2toe.

Then there is nano resist. Even with CB's insane low check, I still can have trouble cb'ing people with 4.5k+ nr (might take 3-4 tries if i'm incredibly unlucky). CB is getting nerfed. Notum repulsor adds +20,000 nr. Where is the "Evade" perk line that is as powerful as notum repulsor?

I *REALLY* Hope that when this hits testlive, that there are many test duels taken into re-rebalance consideration.

sidenote: without nbs, how can we deal with -923478932473 inits from doctors? IMO, remove the +300% damage, keep the +init. However, I still really love the idea of being OP once every "insert stupid long cooldown time here with debuff that makes nt useless" in times of trouble
    Last edited by StreetCred; May 5th, 2011 at 11:49:15.

It's pretty understandable why you see that behaviour from mobs, as the AI governing them is quite primitive. If you figure on their hatelist, you'll stay there. FM does not clear you from aggro list, it just puts you down the list. And through being an AOE, it affects nearby mobs as well, putting you on their hatelist, even if you have the lowest spot, you're the only one there.

Who wants to farm NS2? I don't know, we all wanted to at some point. Will it be necessary in the future to farm for it? No.

Duels were never a target for balance, and has never been and will never be and concerns about them are not really useful.

Also, did you note that init debuffs are not going to be as they are now?
    The Red Brotherhood

Hmm, I don't know how FM works, but as I understood from the last post it apparently is able to agro mobs. Would be nice if it didn't. Also (I think they are connected), would be nice if it doesn't break calms and has no chance to break roots etc. (I believe most AoE debuffs that don't do any damage work like that)
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Would be nice, but I don't think it can be done within the AO mechanics. But maybe it could. I never noticed it being dangerous in S42 though.
    The Red Brotherhood

Since FM doesn't do any damage there is no chance to break calms, roots, etc. Also it doesn't actually aggro mobs that are not already attacking, and the only way you would keep aggro from a mob you haven't hit would be if you are in a situation where nobody else is attacking anything.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetCred View Post
    Try using it in s42. Mass agg from mobs I didn't attack... Spamming "Forget Me!" has zero effect on those aliens.
    I have no idea how you managed to keep aggro with forget me in s42. It is possible you were too far from the rest of the group, or too far from the mobs in order for the AOE to reach them.

It has always worked flawlessly in there for me.

Removal of nbg: who wants to farm ns2? Seriously. Remove ns2.... its 'going to be' the same as nbg... so just keep nbg. *OR* change nbg quest reward to be ns2. In addition, remove nano delpetion. NT downtime between close fights is retarded atm.
    NBG isn't being removed, it's being changed to a long duration 40% DtN buff, rather than an emergency buff.

Also, Kintaii on NS1+2 availability;

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    No, no, I know they're hard to find and we'll make sure they're a bit easier to get ahold of in the future. =)
    Then there is nano resist. Even with CB's insane low check, I still can have trouble cb'ing people with 4.5k+ nr (might take 3-4 tries if i'm incredibly unlucky). CB is getting nerfed. Notum repulsor adds +20,000 nr. Where is the "Evade" perk line that is as powerful as notum repulsor?
    Ugh... Flog the dead horse more, please.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

i keep 8 free perks on my fixer specifically for people like you.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast