Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Nano Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffsammie View Post
    To be honest I'm more interested in the how this will effect froob endgame docs. As bling said, on a paid toon it's rare I have to use iCH. The only time I can recall using it is for big pulls in pande. However in the froob game CH is very heavily used. I'm seeing a boost to LE, but are the new nanos in the target heal line going to be available to froobs?
    This is pretty much what I'm interested in as well, having a froob doc that's approaching endgame status and twinked for team healing above all (nano regain, lots of nanopool and HP to survive, debuffs and general support with personal DD a much lesser concern beyond DoT and Nukespam when not needing to debuff/heal). There's probably only a tiny handful of people who care about non-220 endgame docs though, so I don't expect much.

So, from an amateur froob doc PoV:-

Losing ghetto calm Decreptitude is going to be a pain. Cooldown timers too for the heals. Wondeirng why they switched a couple of the A DoTs into the C line but assuming there aren't typos in there, that does mean froob docs will be able to use a couple of the Cs (albeit lowbie ones) mostly for additional First Degree Burns damage (lol).

Regarding new froobable single target heals: I assume you mean Revitalizing Salve, Alleviating Remedy and Analgesic Balm which now appear higher than LE and lack SL requirements in the expansion - I hope that's not just a typo 1050 BM/MM self for a froob doc means a rethink of current endgame imp and gear strategies. Cooldown timers are a concern, especially with the reduced duration of everything else: with no perk heals to cover the gaps, CH in particular looks to be painful.

The new team heals on top of Team Health Plan don't appear to have SL flags but as Congregated Wellness is 1250/1250 and Surgical Clinic is 1450/1450, I don't think they're meant to be froobable Invigorating Harmonization looks like it could be fun, provided there's a PNH/IOR dispenser and you can hit up kits every 30sec. (I'm having trouble seeing what exactly is the casting nanocost - has Team Health Plan really gone from 175 to 1311 per use?)

Nano regain is of particular concern, that area being one where froobs are severely lacking. A 5min emergency boost isn't going to cut it.

Enlarge/IC - double nanocost for the same Sta/Str boost as current IC is plain mean to anything lowbie

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    p.s No one has said anything about the slightly reduced cast times on our dots or the fact that cast time on heals stayed the same
    Cast time on heals was already so high that we need full agg to insta them even with 3k+ nano init, and DOTs were impossible to insta in any case, but I'm ok with that. Will DOTs be instacastable with the new init buffs and lower cast times?

The real cap on healing power is recharge time anyway, at least from TL6 onward. I know local cooldown will change that dynamic somewhat, but compared with the hard limit from recharge, I don't think any move on the cast times is going to make much difference.

At some point I thought there were rumors of a cyberdeck for docs that would significantly affect casting capabilities (beyond just unlocking particular nanos). Is that going to happen? If that would have nanodelta / init / cost benefits that outweigh the liability of new heals, and if it was readily swappable with real weapons so that we can still switch out for soloing or DD, then that could be a very interesting option for us heal monkeys.

It would be especially interesting if it would let us give up weapons in exchange for enough init to insta all our heals on full def, or if it would raise the breed cost cap, or give us enough delta that we again have no need to worry about nano as long as we're not doing (weapon) DD.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 15th, 2011 at 00:44:18.

I hope that 1050 BM/MM heal is avail to froobs cos that's gonna require some serious thought about setups. I would guess that paid agents are gonna be happy it's FPable too.

Yeha, and I'm guessing those two team heals will be buyable in SL.
    Sheffsam (200/0 Agent) E - Drsheffsam (200/0 Doc) E - Sheffsammy (200/0 NT) E - Sheffie (200/0 Trader) E - Sheffix (200/0 Fixer) E
    Sheffs (220/30/70 Doc) Crit - Nabcake (220/30/70 NT) Cheap & Effective - Sheff (220/30/67 Agent) Equip Undecided
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    If you focus on getting the highest possible nano regain, it should be a form of reward to not have to focus on your nanopool again.
    No, just no. So far I think there are no professions that can go indefinitely spamming their nanos even in max nano regen setups.

Docs have it good with the new nano regen tool, not to mention the PNH ring.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    No, just no.
    Yes, just yes. And for what it's worth, this should be the case for all primary casting profs. An emergency tool with a 5-minute lockout is just that, an emergency tool, not a means for balancing your healing productivity dynamically (this nano will be wonderful for instances where you get 100% drained from time to time though, like Vortexx). The ring also procs randomly, not that often, and only when you're getting hit, so it's useless when your team is doing it's job and keeping the aggro OFF the doc. Doc casting workloads in teams are also heavier than those of other casting classes. Dynamic, sustainable nano management is both an essential capability and a reasonable reward for reaching an endgame setup. I'm totally fine with having to give up something (e.g., having to equip a deck to get there), if that's what they have in mind. But making a 220 doc carry around bags full of stims and chargers and cop a squat every 20 seconds like they're level 10 again is just stupid.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 21:35:12.

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    Yes, just yes. And for what it's worth, this should be the case for all primary casting profs. An emergency tool with a 5-minute lockout is just that, an emergency tool, not a means for balancing your healing productivity dynamically. The ring also procs randomly, not that often, and only when you're getting hit, so it's useless when your team is doing it's job and keeping the aggro OFF the doc. Doc casting workloads in teams are also heavier than those of other casting classes. Dynamic, sustainable nano management is both an essential capability and a reasonable reward for reaching an endgame setup. I'm totally fine with having to give up something (e.g., having to equip a deck to get there), if that's what they have in mind. But making a 220, doc carry around bags full of stims and chargers and cop a squat every 20 seconds like they're level 10 again is just stupid.
    I don't see the use of stims as a problem at all, though I do think that the amount stims regen should be adjusted in light of the cost changes for casting profs.

We also don't know yet what kind of nano regen we will see from teaming with NTs and traders, that could make a substantial difference.
    Sheffsam (200/0 Agent) E - Drsheffsam (200/0 Doc) E - Sheffsammy (200/0 NT) E - Sheffie (200/0 Trader) E - Sheffix (200/0 Fixer) E
    Sheffs (220/30/70 Doc) Crit - Nabcake (220/30/70 NT) Cheap & Effective - Sheff (220/30/67 Agent) Equip Undecided
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

I don't see the use of stims as a problem at all.
    I do, and so do other docs. Getting past having to use lowbie tools is the benefit of leveling up.

A quick note on team heal nano costs: While they are high (16k/minute to spam continuously with 50% nano-cost reduction), having a Trader, NT or MP on the team would go a long way towards fixing that problem. Based on current nanos for those three professions (nano docs not out yet on any of them) and the perk documentation released fall 2009, all three professions have team nano regeneration capacity of ~5,000/minute or greater.

Gives a reason to team MPs and Traders, which isn't all bad.

Instacast heals on full-def finally PLEASE !
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

I do, and so do other docs. Getting past having to use lowbie tools is the benefit of leveling up.
    I don't see why you see active nano management as some kind of lowbie tool.
    Last edited by Sheffsammie; Jan 14th, 2011 at 21:14:10.
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

I don't see why you see active nano management as some kind of lowbie tool.
    I don't see why you think dynamic nano regeneration is a problem. While we're at it, lets just add armor repair stims to keep your ACs maxed and weapon cooling stims so you can maintain your burst recharge and run speed stims that you have to spam to keep yourself from slowing down when you run more than 100m.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 23:17:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    This is pretty much what I'm interested in as well, having a froob doc that's approaching endgame status and twinked for team healing above all (nano regain, lots of nanopool and HP to survive, debuffs and general support with personal DD a much lesser concern beyond DoT and Nukespam when not needing to debuff/heal). There's probably only a tiny handful of people who care about non-220 endgame docs though, so I don't expect much.

So, from an amateur froob doc PoV:-

Losing ghetto calm Decreptitude is going to be a pain. Cooldown timers too for the heals. Wondeirng why they switched a couple of the A DoTs into the C line but assuming there aren't typos in there, that does mean froob docs will be able to use a couple of the Cs (albeit lowbie ones) mostly for additional First Degree Burns damage (lol).

Regarding new froobable single target heals: I assume you mean Revitalizing Salve, Alleviating Remedy and Analgesic Balm which now appear higher than LE and lack SL requirements in the expansion - I hope that's not just a typo 1050 BM/MM self for a froob doc means a rethink of current endgame imp and gear strategies. Cooldown timers are a concern, especially with the reduced duration of everything else: with no perk heals to cover the gaps, CH in particular looks to be painful.

The new team heals on top of Team Health Plan don't appear to have SL flags but as Congregated Wellness is 1250/1250 and Surgical Clinic is 1450/1450, I don't think they're meant to be froobable Invigorating Harmonization looks like it could be fun, provided there's a PNH/IOR dispenser and you can hit up kits every 30sec. (I'm having trouble seeing what exactly is the casting nanocost - has Team Health Plan really gone from 175 to 1311 per use?)

Nano regain is of particular concern, that area being one where froobs are severely lacking. A 5min emergency boost isn't going to cut it.

Enlarge/IC - double nanocost for the same Sta/Str boost as current IC is plain mean to anything lowbie
    Where to start...
    Seeing as how I leveled to level 200 as a fr00b I do very much care about both the fr00b and lower level doc community so don't think they are being forgotten

Decreptitude was meh anyways due to it breaking on reflects or dmg shields. The previously line A dots are just being reused and put into line C dots. If you notice all the previous Line A ones are in fact froob friendly and probably because they were formaly A line dots. (meaning the C line dots will probably be rollable for the lowest 3)

Excuse me for combine all the next parts but my brain is fried lol.
    I don't believe there is any intent on locking the new heals/dots to paid players only unless they already have a tag, however the req will likely stay the same so if a 200 froob cant use them twinking its probably out of the question.

Idk how you think cooldown works or whats your concern with that so you will have to be more specific about that.

Will add the nano cost on IC/enlarge to the concerns/questions part. I have already added nano kits/stims to concerns as well and will see what we can do about that.

I don't see why you think dynamic nanoregeneration is a problem. While we're at it, lets just add armor repair stims to keep your ACs maxed and weapon cooling stims so you can maintain your burst recharge and run speed stims that you have to spam to keep yourself from slowing down when you run more than 100m.
    Why should we even need healers then, tanks should just rely on massive healdelta.
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

Will add the nano cost on IC/enlarge to the concerns/questions part. I have already added nano kits/stims to concerns as well and will see what we can do about that.
    I can only assume he's talking NCU cost, not nanocost. I mentioned this way above, but it's unfair to lower twinks that it will take a ridiculous 40 NCU to get the same 20/20 buff they can get now in 26. I suggested just take enlarge out of game and leave IC as a 20/20 str/sta buff, with the same NCU size, 4-hour duration, and target instead of team cast.

Why should we even need healers then, tanks should just rely on massive healdelta.
    Maybe not entirely, but it was my understanding that FC did intend for nanodelta / healdelta to play MORE of a role after rebalancing rather than less. I'm also not saying that trox docs in full CC running around with AS pistols on should be able to spam 4k nanocost heals infinitely with no need to rest or recharge. But if you roll nanogimp and twink for max cost and delta (and as I said, if it comes to that, if you need to equip a deck or something), then yes, fully self-sufficient nano regen should be the reward for getting to that point and going with that setup.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 21:21:50.

As far as stims go please remeber that in pvp FM stims are needed at all times and cant afford to be locked out with nano stims. Stims are also usually seen as a leveling thing, or a pre 2s ND thing as far as using them constantly. However things do change and we will have to see how everything plays out.

Please do take into consideration perks will be revisted again, as well as research from LE and likely symbs to a degree as well. Its going to be hard to tell how everything will work out until we see everything.

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    Instacast heals on full-def finally PLEASE !
    Working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    A quick note on team heal nano costs: While they are high (16k/minute to spam continuously with 50% nano-cost reduction), having a Trader, NT or MP on the team would go a long way towards fixing that problem. Based on current nanos for those three professions (nano docs not out yet on any of them) and the perk documentation released fall 2009, all three professions have team nano regeneration capacity of ~5,000/minute or greater.

Gives a reason to team MPs and Traders, which isn't all bad.
    No prof should have to depend on others to use their toolset, and I highly doubt any doctor is going to like to having to have any of those 3 profs with them constantly just to use their toolset. In a raid setting (s42 raid style) that is fine though.

I can only assume he's talking NCU cost, not nanocost. I mentioned this way above, but it's unfair to lower twinks that it will take a ridiculous 40 NCU to get the same 20/20 buff they can get now in 26. I suggested just take enlarge out of game and leave IC as a 20/20 str/sta buff, with the same NCU size, 4-hour duration, and target instead of team cast.
    I knew what he ment, its just been a busy day

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    No, just no. So far I think there are no professions that can go indefinitely spamming their nanos even in max nano regen setups.

Docs have it good with the new nano regen tool, not to mention the PNH ring.
    to get that max nano regen setup you have to sacrifice alot. Also not everyone has access to that PNH ring.

I focused on nano regen and heal eff on my doc, got made fun of by all those DD docs... and now i just feel like FC is making fun of us all.

Certain setups should allow specific things, like maxing nano regen should take away your worries about running out of nano, but you wont go pvping around or soloing loads of things then
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Maybe not entirely, but it was my understanding that FC did intend for nanodelta / healdelta to play MORE of a role after rebalancing rather than less. I'm also not saying that trox docs in full CC running around with AS pistols on should be able to spam 4k nanocost heals indefinitey. But if you roll nanogimp and twink for max cost and delta (and as I said, if it comes to that, if you need to equip a deck or something), then yes, fully self-sufficient nano regen should be the reward for getting to that point and going with that setup.
    OK, I take your point here. That's also a good point raised about FM stims. However it does seem a good way to mean a soloing or pvping doc has less nano regen than a teamed pvm doc with a tank keeping agg of them, or at least that's the way I see it.

Also I note that while the cost of target heals is up, the cost of iCH/CH is down, meaning that using them as part of the heal cycle becomes much more beneficial for nano management.
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

p.s wheres Bubba or Mehk to help answer questions?
    Taking care of my sick kid...

I will try to get some timwe to help/assist laters... I still need to go through this new version as well, so...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast