Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Nano Doc

Funcom employee

For the record, we're getting rid of +size modifiers where-ever we can; they were a terrible idea in the first place given how many cramped areas AO has, and they kinda need to go away. So sorry guys, that one's staying nerfed.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Please do remember everyone that none of this is set in stone. A fair amount of the nano doc was changed from the one that us profs got to see already so it can very easily happen again.
    Yeah, none of it is set in stone. It can always get worse, as it already has, and probably will again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    For the record, we're getting rid of +size modifiers where-ever we can; they were a terrible idea in the first place given how many cramped areas AO has, and they kinda need to go away. So sorry guys, that one's staying nerfed.
    What needs nerfed is the "cave" style dungeon. Just take that stupid model out of game and let the scale mods stay.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I would like to see the cool down on the temp hp buffs reduced to say 45 seconds with the duration remaining at 60 seconds. I think there should be a small window of opportunity to rebuff the team before it runs out. A docs job is pretty tough with debuffing, healing and possibly dotting.
    teammate, not team ... yuo can only give the single +HP to 1 teammate due to the cooldown.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by RmikClan View Post
    oh comon guys....this is actually balanced:P.....without those nerfs we would be god mode since we will no longer have to tank people doing AS and FAs on the same alpha.....what worries me is if the shade and MA nanodrains dont get some nerf ...for the rest of the profs its balanced....we will have to work on our nanopool during fights and will not be like now that we never run out of nano unless theres a shade spamming drains for 2 mins:P at the same time we spamming malp on someone
    None of this matters for people who could care less about PvP. If you want PvP nerfs, then nerf this stuff for PvP. Stop making toons useless for everything else we do.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 19:10:47.

So, who's gonna kill a doc 1 on 1 after this?

Or did I miss out on the super duper mega nerf to doc def that most other classes get, or are said to get?
    Last edited by Noobius76; Jan 14th, 2011 at 17:53:30.

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    Yeah, none of it is set in stone. It can always get worse, as it already has, and probably will again.
    Compared to the docs us profs got to see it has already gotten better. This is the time for us to collect feed back so you are still correct, it could go either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post

Or did I miss out on the super duper mega nerf to doc def that most other classer get, or are said to get?
    Balanced for team play not 1v1. I could say more but think thats enough, unless you have something to say about the nano doc itself so we could talk about it

What about making it so when all 3 dots are running some bonus damage is given?

When all 3 are running, malpractice hurts mucho!
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Or did I miss out on the super duper mega nerf to doc def that most other classes get, or are said to get?
    depends at what TL ... TL5 docs with 20 sec CH cooldown, I m pretty sure a lot will be able to kill them...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

If you look at the nukes thats where it is given. The more dot lines you have running the more damage your nukes do. However line C only lasts 9 seconds of useable time to land nukes. Both nukes and all line C dots are epic-ly costly so it is going to drain your nano faster then spaming malp now to maintain top damage. Yes before its said this does very well indeed promote the use of using lower grade dots to spam nukes instead.

p.s wheres Bubba or Mehk to help answer questions?

Compared to the docs us profs got to see it has already gotten better. This is the time for us to collect feed back so you are still correct, it could go either way.
    All QQing aside, positive suggestions I have would be:

(1) If you're trying to address PvP concerns, then please address them with PvP only nerfs and not global destruction that wrecks our team role and soloing ability.

(2) PLEASE, please make all our team buffs into auras, with: (a) four-hour run time; (b) an appropriate (reasonable, modest, and sustainable) nano drain as long as we leave them running (to offset what ought to be much more substantial effects than, e.g. keeper heal auras); (c) an appropriate AOE range somewhere between 10 and 40m so that we benefit raids equally with teams; and (d) automatic level scaling of the effect on target, just like Horde for soldiers. Spamming buffs is annoying, stupid, and a total waste of my time, and nerfing stuff by putting super short durations on it is ineffective for addressing the concern that our team buffs will provide totally OP OSBs for low level toons. You've done good and clever things with certain buffs in the past; please repeat those successes now.

(3) Spamming init debuffs due to super-short run times is also annoying enough already. Again, if the concern is PvP, then nerf it for PvP only. Otherwise, UBT run time was just fine, if not too short already, for PvM. Make the cost whatever you want, but just stop with the spamming reqs. Alternatively, if it's going to be short run time and require spamming, just make it a proc.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 18:53:44.

Balanced for team play not 1v1. I could say more but think thats enough, unless you have something to say about the nano doc itself so we could talk about it
    I managed to scroll to the right and according to the doc HPS for BI is going from 2917 to 1692. is that due to the loss of the added hp mostly? cuz 8000-9317 to 6153-7384 doesn't seem to correspond.

Also is it possible to cast regular single heals within CH/iCH lockout or are all heals locked out?

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    What needs nerfed is the "cave" style dungeon. Just take that stupid model out of game and let the scale mods stay.
    You know, I think if you stopped asking FC to automatically mind-block your posts by constantly telling them they're no-good effing tards you would increase your chance of them actually listening to you. You have got to be one of the most negative people I've ever seen, even here.

EDIT: LOL, right in the kicker: a constructive post while I was typing. Shows me

Anyway, I'm not much of a doc expert - are these changes a big nerf or is it more that you may need to change some gear a bit and maybe focus on the healing over DD?

I'll have to see local cool downs in effect, but could imagine the timers on the nano icons might be a bit small to keep a handle on what's running and what isn't.
    Last edited by dustbunny; Jan 14th, 2011 at 18:10:25. Reason: bad timing

Also is it possible to cast regular single heals within CH/iCH lockout or are all heals locked out?
    its like the actual ICH lockout.....u can cast anything during it besides the CHs

i'm a bit disapointed as i was expecting to see multiple heals that we could cast through eachother. Big slow heals and fast small heals.

And reading the documents makes me feel and think that no matter how good a doc you are, you're gonna need atleast 2 of them in a full team to finish some of the endgame content.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

I managed to scroll to the right and according to the doc HPS for BI is going from 2917 to 1692. is that due to the loss of the added hp mostly? cuz 8000-9317 to 6153-7384 doesn't seem to correspond.

I do believe the former HPS amount did infact include the temp 3k buff.

Yes it is. All CH heals are under one line, all single heals are under one line, and all team heals are under one line. Each of these lines have their own lockout. So if your CH line is under cooldown (not nano recharge as each nano still has) you may use your single heal, or team heal to heal, so long as neither of them are in cooldown either.

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
    You know, I think if you stopped asking FC to automatically mind-block your posts by constantly telling them they're no-good effing tards you would increase your chance of them actually listening to you. You have got to be one of the most negative people I've ever seen, even here.

EDIT: LOL, right in the kicker: a constructive post while I was typing. Shows me

Anyway, I'm not much of a doc expert - are these changes a big nerf or is it more that you may need to change some gear a bit and maybe focus on the healing over DD?

I'll have to see local cool downs in effect, but could imagine the timers on the nano icons might be a bit small to keep a handle on what's running and what isn't.
    what this changes mean is you will now have to focus on a setup that gives u a lot of nano pool so u can use all your nanos without getting low on nano fast.....a nm doc with a nano pool setup without nerfing other stuff too much can get like 24k nano or so and that should be enough

willl all the nerfs going on after balance patch u wont need as much hp as u need now so it wont be much of a problem to use a nano pool setup

i think this is a very balanced solution for docs but cant be 100% sure untill i try it out
    Last edited by RmikClan; Jan 14th, 2011 at 18:15:26.

kazeran, eunucha and (formerly) mekh, AND GENELE!! with the increased costs since we're getting an emergency pnh which (if i read correctly) restores nano in % increments. overall much love, especially to us nanogimps.

EDIT: disregard the above, just reread the documents.

WTB 10 minute iLC back!

oh and shortening ubt is bull****. maybe 1 min pvp, 5 min pvm?

and to those bitching about nanocost O__O so assuming 18k pool a nano that costs 3.2k nano (1.6k after 50% cost- on a soli) will be cast 11 times. that's 66 seconds of constantly spamming that heal. in that time assuming average gear a 200 point nanodelta should give you another 4 or 5 casts and that's not including pnh, ior, the s7 nano recharge hud, the new emergency nano regain nano, stims, etc. i'm sorry but i really don't see the new costs as a problem, but rather as reviving the profession and making it interesting to play again.
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; Jan 14th, 2011 at 18:45:35.

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
    Anyway, I'm not much of a doc expert - are these changes a big nerf or is it more that you may need to change some gear a bit and maybe focus on the healing over DD?.
    I think the above post is right that it's going to mean even docs set up for full-on PvM primary healing duty are going to be slammed in terms of their ability to keep a team alive. I could care less about all the trox docs running around in full CC with AS pistols who will now be running scared in PvP. It's hard to tell without trying it out in practice, but the magnitude of cost increase is enough that it seems even nano docs with capped cost are going to be running dry on long, heavy raids, and teams dying if they don't have a second doc to switch off. That just seems like a slap in the face for anyone who has worked long and hard to build a 220 doc up from nothing as a primary healer, and who plays it as their regular (or only) main for PvM.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast