Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Nano Doc

Wonderz if you read it good enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    New nanos have been added to help fill in the gaps from LE to CR.
    Is this an exenstion of the RK-line? If so it's great for freeplayers due to CH being less available.

Yes, they are useable by froobs. Though they may have more nano issues then they had before.
    The new best heal is 2,6 Hp/nanopoint while CH came with 7,1 HP/nanopoint (in the best case) to 3,6 HP/nanopoint (5k hp being healed).

Froob Dots are a bit cheaper to cast now though so maybe that'll help. Though the cost has been cut in half the durations have also been reduced to ~33% so if fights last longer it'll equal out. Guess you wouldn't want to pull all available mobs and put dot on them inside froob mishs anymore, the multi mob damage situation have been nerfed. But it's some ~50 more dmg/sec against single targets now.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Though they may have more nano issues then they had before.
    I have a feeling docs in general might have rechargers keybound to x in the future, my nano my nano!
    Last edited by Lletah; Feb 12th, 2011 at 07:06:59.

Last edited by DocG; Aug 19th, 2016 at 16:23:19.

I'm sure these changes to nano cost etc will have had and need some considerable testing. It would be nice to actually have to heal again though, and have to manage nano again. For most of AO we rarely even need to use our heal. Fire off UBT, throw up TLC then TDB and start shooting/dots. If the fight lasts longer than a couple of mins, just refresh TDB. Oh my god, the tank got a couple of crits and is down to 50%... I had to heal once for the whole fight!

ok that's an exaggeration for some of AO, but seriously once you have a decently equipped doc in team and a tank type that is well equipped and knows what they're doing, very little of AO is a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    seriously once you have a decently equipped doc in team and a tank type that is well equipped and knows what they're doing, very little of AO is a challenge.
    I would switch that "doc and tank" to "doc or tank". Decent doctor (not me ) can keep almost any gimp alive. Well equipped + knowledgeable tank can survive a lot with healing from other healing professions and sometimes without any outside healing. I hate to repeat it but it is other professions that need to be nerfed a lot for doctors to be needed. Yes, we may have to learn to manage nano but not because it is needed for healing unless other professions are getting their soloing abilities nerfed as much as the most vocal posters are saying.

I wrote a long post in frustration and despair and it would not be taken very seriously.

Now that we're getting hit by the nerfbat this hard, I wonder what they do to all the evaders (who usually also can be called notum repulsers).

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Blondenurse View Post
    I wrote a long post in frustration and despair and it would not be taken very seriously.

Now that we're getting hit by the nerfbat this hard, I wonder what they do to all the evaders (who usually also can be called notum repulsers).
    Should of posted it It would of least been taken into consideration. (and given me something to read/do ) Frankly I am surprised at how little uproar there was about cast times on heals not going down. I know everyones probably waiting to see how everything pans out and if there are any changes to nano inti but it was still very little discussion about it.

I've tried writing up long posts a few times too, and ended up deleting them instead of posting. Basically I see no point in providing feedback at this moment for a few reasons:

1) FC has not provided us with an overview of how they want the game to be. My only feedback will thus be with the current game in mind and not usable.
    2) I don't have confidence FC will take our feedback into account unless it is inline with their own (unknown) vision of how the professions should play out. That is feedback I cannot deliver.
    3) If the changes prove to be playable, I'm sure I'll adapt and enjoy the game further on.
    4) If the changes prove to not work, I'm not ready to spend years (that seems to be the FC time frame) debating back and forth (mostly one way) to continue playing and I'll just accept that AO and I have finally outgrown each other.

It's a pity, really. I enjoy the game and FC keep stating they want feedback. But as long as they do not engage in any debates (except when someone bashes FC and kintaii go all emo rage) and don't provide any overview of what to debate on, I don't see much grounds for a discussion. The Balance Discussion forum is the worst joke I've seen in a long time, with FC providing nothing but the nano and perk docs and then, if someone goes all out and complains about the proposed changes, he might be lucky enough to see an FC person responding, only to see the standard response (repeated ad nauseam by the fanboys): "This is all in regards to how it is now, it won't be like that in the future, so your point is moot." It surprises me anyone even bothers to post there.

TL;DR version: FC lost another fan
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Kinda wish more people would have posted in the thread I had made. If anything it would show fc our concerns and wishes with the balance changes. I also feel little motivation to participate in the balancing discussion lately. I don't feel it'll accomplish anything and most posts on these forums are pure troll bash fights without any discussion anyway. Kinda depressing.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

About heals and cast time, well i guess fc does not really want us to instacast at full deff in a normal setup, or are you saying they might reconsider if we start talking about that aspect?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    About heals and cast time, well i guess fc does not really want us to instacast at full deff in a normal setup, or are you saying they might reconsider if we start talking about that aspect?
    I wasn't hinting at anything if thats what you meant
    Its just for as long as I can remember docs have wanted lower cast times so we can go full def to make use of our NR and Lulzy evades so we having something that resembles a terrible passive defense. Now that nanos are being redone I expected more people to be nagging to get cast times reduced so they make that possible but its been near the bottom of the pile as far as complains go.

I think it just shows the apathy that has taken over the doctor community. I can't even remember really last time I logged my doc in for anything other than to give someone SFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    I wasn't hinting at anything if thats what you meant
    Its just for as long as I can remember docs have wanted lower cast times so we can go full def to make use of our NR and Lulzy evades so we having something that resembles a terrible passive defense. Now that nanos are being redone I expected more people to be nagging to get cast times reduced so they make that possible but its been near the bottom of the pile as far as complains go.
    As the focus of this rebalancing seems to be to nerf most profs, perhaps people think asking for anything which isnt a nerf is a waste of time.
    stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Loucretia View Post
    As the focus of this rebalancing seems to be to nerf most profs, perhaps people think asking for anything which isnt a nerf is a waste of time.
    If no one says anything I won't have anything to ask to be changed though (outside of my own wants ofc) I can't really pull a bunch of stuff out of thin air and ask for it to be considered without some constructive debate on why or why not it should be as such. While this can be dowe between the pro's of each prof I do value what the doc community thinks so it would be nice to get input from you guys before brining it to the pros/devs attention.

Also I added how to change the color of the Dr. doc for those of you using open office. (Its in the first post)

I think we all want the cast times of our heals adjusted. It's huge waste of opportunity to not adjust these in the balancing. I was really hoping for 2 lines of heals with different local cooldowns. Fast cast rate slightly higher cooldown and slightly less healing and one with longer cast times and normal healing.

But yeah, I think most docs are too afraid to bitch about not being able to cap the cast times on the heals on full def in fear of FC slapping a 1-2s cast time cap on them.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Dear Santa, give docs +300 FA buf for next Cristmas...
    Shadowshine 220 keeper

I can live with the changes, but adjust the casttimes.
    Docs shouldnt be the only ones not playing in full def.

Docs: "Why can't doctors play in full def?"
    Everyone else: " Doctors can they just choose not to because they can't instant cast their heals"
    Docs "Why do we have to have one form of defense suffer, our heals, to get another, better chance of evading and resisting nanos?"
    Everyone else: "Because"
    Docs: "But no other prof has to do that why do we?"
    Everyone else: "Because heals are OP"
    Docs: "Its our only defense and an active one at that ofc they have to be powerful to keep us alive"
    Everyone else: "Thats why you don't need to be in full def"

The argument will go something like that with more or less details. Its pretty clear FC does not intend on giving doctors a passive defense or the ability to go full def in a reasonable setup to allow us to fully reap the benefits of NR/evades. Unless ofc something with the nano inti calc gets changed such as the scale staying every 200 = -1s up to 3k nano inti then changes to the 300 = -1s.

tldr; I don't see it happening.

^^ MPs usually cannot play full def either. Docs arent alone /hugs
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast