Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Professionals

Professionals

Yay revotes.

So who wants to be the new cool kid(s) on the block?

I still check the doctor forums daily and read every post here, but only log in every once in a while, so I don't think I'm qualified :(

I would love to see someone who just joined the game recently and is playing every day, maybe even a recently converted froob who hasn't even reached 200 yet. You know, just some of that young, impassioned blood.

But I'd want one of you jaded old docs to stick around as well to balance that person out! :P
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

My criteria would be:

- Someone who considers their doc their "main".
    - At least a few years of experience as an endgame doc.
    - Possibly have a lower level doc too, maybe TL5.
    - Constructive poster on forums, mostly at least ^^

I vote not me!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    My criteria would be:

- Someone who considers their doc their "main".
    - Constructive poster on forums, mostly at least ^^

I vote not me!
    Yep, that's the basic criteria. Some of them aren't completely necessary or 100% required - like various TL's or even a few years of experience. Professionals are communicators. Provided they can understand what they're being told by the community, that's the primary thing.

I, for example, do not play a Trader and hate Traders for various reasons. But provided I understood the mechanics of the profession and their effect, took opinions from the Trader playerbase and was able to formulate a constructive argument - I should theoretically be able to fulfil the duties of the Trader Professional.

It's those kind of flexible communication skills that are the key thing.

Clearly, it's desirable to have someone who plays the profession like it's their Olympic sport on top of all that, but what you need first and foremost is an advocate for your profession, not necessarily someone who is the be all and end all of it.

An example I can give is two players that I know very well, who both have a bit of a 'Crat fetish. Neither consider their Docs their mains, but have 220/20+/60+ Doctors and a very, very good knowledge of the game and a decent knowledge of the profession as a whole. There is no reason they couldn't fulfil the duties, therefore, of Doctor professional.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Long time ago

Quote:
    "- Someone who considers their doc their "main".
    - Constructive poster on forums, mostly at least ^^"

Main Doc since 2004
    End of Playtime August 2012
    Checked out but deleted
    Constructive but, here are noone who cares about it ^^

Have some reconstruction of the Nano Document and some additional ideas but, also no one cares and no one would like to get them to read.

So vote not for me :P

@ Venachar
    Possible to get contact to you? Would like to share those documents if they are play a role to anyone of FunCom. (PM possible?)
    In memory of
    Niesa, Shadow01, Sabertouth, Luhr, Lupus, Cyberacid...

Not sure if you can attach stuff to PM's as a normal user. Try it, if you can't, I'll find a way. Let me know.
    Guardian Venachar

Hardly playing AO lately and not checking forums as regular as I used to...so I have no idea who to recommend because I don't even know who still plays and is regularly in the doc forums.

Though finding an experienced doc that is active in in the game and the forums and known to the community is most likely hard even for those of us that still lurk their 3 hours a day on the doc forums...

Kaz, please tell me you are staying.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Kaz, please tell me you are staying.
    I will put in a app when I stop being lazy about it. I'm not going to be pushing for it though just as I didn't last time but I will happily continue being a professional if everyone decides to keep me around.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    An example I can give is two players that I know very well, who both have a bit of a 'Crat fetish. Neither consider their Docs their mains...
    I chuckled
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    I chuckled
    Don't flatter yourself
    Guardian Venachar

Too bad Solodoclife isn't on forums.
    He'd get my vote in a heartbeat.

But who has several years of endgame experience as doc and still log their doc? I consider my doc my main. She's been 220 for 6 years now and is still the character I identity with and is most proud of, but I don't log her on unless I have to. Healing is so mindless, even playing my keeper is more fun. And that's coming from someone who's played healer in a variety of online games.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

So true. I only log my doc if no-one else has one to bring. I prefer to play my crat in leeroy mode.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

i tell people i deleted my doc so i don't have to log it

Quote Originally Posted by Troodon View Post
    Quote:
    "- Someone who considers their doc their "main".
    - Constructive poster on forums, mostly at least ^^"

Main Doc since 2004
    End of Playtime August 2012
    Checked out but deleted
    Constructive but, here are noone who cares about it ^^

Have some reconstruction of the Nano Document and some additional ideas but, also no one cares and no one would like to get them to read.

So vote not for me :P

@ Venachar
    Possible to get contact to you? Would like to share those documents if they are play a role to anyone of FunCom. (PM possible?)
    <3 Troodi btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    But who has several years of endgame experience as doc and still log their doc? I consider my doc my main. She's been 220 for 6 years now and is still the character I identity with and is most proud of, but I don't log her on unless I have to. Healing is so mindless, even playing my keeper is more fun. And that's coming from someone who's played healer in a variety of online games.
    I do. One of the ten first 220 Doctors on RK 3 (Number 7 or 8 I think), but that is not interesting for anyone.

Still love a doc but I suck at duels, quite a few docs are much better. But what should a players ability influence such a vote / decision ? Solokills ? Duel win/loss balance ? Ammount of duel wins ? Numbers of Alien kills / deaths? All these facts are say nothing about the suitabilty of a player to be a professional. Just like Venachar said, there are other things more important then imba pvp/pvm skills.

I would smash my face onto my keyboard and try to write a new chapter for Twilight by rolling my face from the left to the right to the left to the right to the left and so on if Exploitforlife (or another player, "adequate" like him) would be elected. Its just like an election for a new president and Mitt Romney would be elected.

But there is atleast 1 doc I know which would be perfect for this job - an excellent doc in pvm, pvp longe time ao player and "a communicator". My suggestion, unintersted in if he would do it or not:

Kassandra (aka Fook, aka Unfook).

Best regards
    Dumonde
    Last edited by Dumonde; Nov 1st, 2012 at 12:50:41.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

I log my doc if anyone really needs it, for pande/mitaar/vortexx.
    Can even TS on him too (just redo setup), almost all TSing of ai armor (just miss 100 psychology on 300 ai), implants up to 285 (haven't checked recently, people usually find traders/engis for that), alba items, etc...

Only a doc since Jan 2005, 220 since 2008 (or 2009), but those last 2 I don't as I only pay 1 account... otherwise I'm playing froobs as they're much more fun twinking. Froobs in tl5, not so easy to compete with OP paid players.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Only 3(2) days left guys. Make sure you get your app in if you plan on running.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Only 3(2) days left guys. Make sure you get your app in if you plan on running.
    Extended to the 20th
    Guardian Venachar

I've recently been thinking about who I might nominate as a Doctor professional and it's such a shame that so many of the long time players who would be perfect for the position have moved on to better things.

I love my Doc, they're awesome fun and really I could see myself voting for anyone who shares this opinion, and aims to improve upon it.

Of the still active Docs I know, I'd have to agree with Blue in that Solo would make a good candidate, a shame about the flag on his account though.

Whatever happens, I hope whoever ends up accepting the position will continue to follow in the footsteps of previous professionals and make AO even more awesome than it already is.

Good luck to anyone who submits an application.
    -Trony-
    Doctrony - 220/30 Doctor
    Neurix - 100/10 Nano-Technician

"The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is
    accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves"
    - Lao Tzu

How about getting a froopessional?

Badorde 220/30 ranger troxer adphy
    Mindsphere 220/30 soli crattikus
    Crowey 220/30 nindja tr0xs healthgivas
    Badorder 220/30 pewpew troks reflector
    Badodor 220/30 tarder