Thread: Aura Nanos: Teams find them annoying

Unhappy Aura Nanos: Teams find them annoying

Can you please look into changing the way aura nanos work? I am a Bureaucrat and I recently found the "Lead from the front" nano. This nano (and I assume any aura nano) spams me and others around me with nano expiring/execution messages every 20 seconds. I was using it in a group the other day and everyone begged me to turn it off cause it was constantly popping their stat window open every 20 seconds and putting up unwanted messages every 20 seconds. I was so proud to have found a crat only aura nano but nobody will let me use it because it is annoying. Add to that I really don't know what the nano does even by the decription (+xx offense, +xx defense). Thanks.

-Pop-

Agrees big-time to this one. It'll spam your vicinity, whether you're in a team or not. That sympathetic barrier nano has the same effect.

Red face Yet another amazing example of Funcom's thorough testing...

I never use the 'team' nano Sympathetic shielding barrier in a team because it annoys the hell out of everyone. Instead I use things like Disruptive Photon Deflector which has the nice effect of doing this every 20 secs when i'm near other players:

successfully cast..
    You are not allowed to attack your pet..
    PvP not allowed in this district..
    blah blah terminated..

successfully cast..
    You are not allowed to attack your pet..
    blah blah terminated..

yada yada..

<edit> If you think the description on your nano is vague you should read the 'Disruptive Photon Deflector' description. I'm not even sure what does, I only use it when i'm not allowed to use the sympathetic shielding barrier. Says it 'blinds' nearby enemies... well they seem to hit the same and they can see me fine if i try to run off..
    Last edited by Barakon; Jan 2nd, 2002 at 23:09:07.

that really is a shame some people would rather not have a positive effect of some of these group nanos which are in all reality very nice vs some little line of text that really isn't that bad. I would say its not worth it to cater to the ultra picky. There is no way they are going to remove the messages that you are being affected by a nano, hostile or not, its critical to your perception of events that you understand exactly whot's happening at all times. If its so bad, tell your team mates to go into options and uncheck the "Me is hit by nano" messages. As for spamming people in populated areas, have the engineer or crat turn off the thing when visiting cities, he has no need for it there, that is just a matter of being curtious to other players.

These nanos are annoying as hell, they spam everyone's chat window.

What's the point of having them recast every 20 seconds like this, anyway? If they have to recast frequently, for some reason, let them do it every 5 minutes.

Also, when an agent is trying to do an AS in group, those nanos will break conceal for them. Everytime.
    Grupert

Re: Yet another amazing example of Funcom's thorough testing...

Originally posted by Barakon
    If you think the description on your nano is vague you should read the 'Disruptive Photon Deflector' description. I'm not even sure what does, I only use it when i'm not allowed to use the sympathetic shielding barrier. Says it 'blinds' nearby enemies... well they seem to hit the same and they can see me fine if i try to run off..

Blinds directly lower attack rating.

I really hate those nanos it spams and lag all the time, as an MP engis seems to love me, don't know why :P so they always come close and spam.

Atleast let me decide myself if I want to be effected of area nanos or not.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.