Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Global Agenda!

Global Agenda

So anyone formed an AO agency yet?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Is the game any good? I was a big fan of Planetside and this looks similar, but I'm not sure it has the same epic scale that Planetside did.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

I like it a lot, but it has nothing to do with Planetside.

Resembles more to a giant Risk. Pretty good summary here
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Global Agenda!

Been playing this with a couple other friends from AO lately in favor of AO and it has been a blast. Third person shooter w/ MMO mechanics = loads of fun.

The PvP is pretty balanced as well from what I can see too and it's done in such a way that still allows for players to choose how they want to play their class. Each class has at least 2/3 viable options at endgame.

PvM also requires a lot of team work and thinking. No easy mode here! The loot is done in a sort of strange manner, it's mostly just random luck with different types of play providing more likely sets of loot. Sort of strange and hard to adjust to at first but it does feel rewarding when you get those nice items.

The raids are fun and exciting. Lots of crafting/trade skilling to be done. Active land-control PvP too!

Oh and you can level off of PvP and get loot while PvPing.. so awesome. Essentially the game is based around PvP and open world PvM content is pretty limited at the moment (though with talk of it expanding soon) but if you enjoy PvP and third person shooter mechanics/team work this game is extremely rewarding.

Anyone else play Global Agenda? Get at me in-game.. char name is MarineRevenge..
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Is there a free trial thing or such? I'd like to try it but don't want to pay for it right off the bat.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I have it too. Just haven't really played it because it's hard to play 2 mmos, 1 fps and one mm3ps.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I like it, play it sometimes when I got time and my net doesn't feel like screwing up... AO could surely take some ideas from Mercenary missions to Battlestations...
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Thanks
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Mireiawen View Post
    I like it, play it sometimes when I got time and my net doesn't feel like screwing up... AO could surely take some ideas from Mercenary missions to Battlestations...
    Indeed. I love the way the merc missions are set up. Some remind me a little too much of TF2, but there's cool and unique ones like Demolition. I love getting in the robot and smacking some people around. :x

Playing a Recon is so fun too, being able to sneak and re-sneak, moving FASTER while invisible, and having damage bonuses and cool traps.. it's like how playing an agent SHOULD be! So fun.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

I just purchased it (I know, I'm easily persuaded), about to finish downloading, yay!

Oh right, ingame name: Grus
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Ive got a couple chars on there, on trial version though, im still not sure if its worth buying, might be in the future, however, atm AO and Call of duty keeps me busy.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I liked it better when it first came out and was basically just pure pvp. Then they started adding quests and stuff and my interest dropped accordingly. I tried logging in the other day but everyone had cool new toys and I was gimp ;p
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Just tried the trial. I'm, surprised how smooth the game actually runs on my relic PC. Also, DX10 is actually faster (as it should be).

Aim & shoot type of combat annoys me though.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    I liked it better when it first came out and was basically just pure pvp. Then they started adding quests and stuff and my interest dropped accordingly. I tried logging in the other day but everyone had cool new toys and I was gimp ;p
    Yep, the game was fun before all the MMO players demanded that the devs put in some form of "progression". now it's all about farming loot and getting mats for tradeskills to be able to compete with other players.

Planetside was the only MMOFPS that got it right so far.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Downloading the trial now.
    7.45 GB >.<
    Veteran of Equilibrium

BTW, -75% off for 20 more hours, on Steam. Buying it.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I'm playing the GA's trox-shade equivalent (Recon) and I'm loving it
    Overpayed a few bucks on steam though, considering I got it at a 50% discount... but that really isn't a biggie.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    Yep, the game was fun before all the MMO players demanded that the devs put in some form of "progression". now it's all about farming loot and getting mats for tradeskills to be able to compete with other players.

Planetside was the only MMOFPS that got it right so far.
    Ahh... that's a turn off. No thnx. WTB something like Neocron... wish that game never died.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

I installed and played the trial. Got to level 12 doing quests (haven't tried anything PvP or multiplayer related yet). Then I reached a quest where I was told I had to buy the whole game to continue playing.

So far the game feels like a strange mix between Mass Effect and Fallout 3. I'm a scout'ish character. Sniper rifle, machine gun, sword and exploding mines.

The intro sequence where you have to escape a building and learn the basic combat and movements.. was good. Good way to be introduced to the basics. The FPS-shooting is surprisingly responsive and spot on.

The chat window is tiny and completely filled with people that I don't find interesting at all, let's just put it like that.

The quests are oddly satisfying. "Kill 10 of those", "kill that dude". Very simple and straight forward but the shooting mechanics and such makes it fun. Especially since I got a choice between a sniper rifle, machine gun and melee weapon.

I was surprised how open the sniping was in this game. Normally in a MMO, sniping is dealt with in a strange and limited way. In this game however, I could get a quest to kill some stuff at the bottom of a huuuge pit, place myself on top and snipe things waaaaay far below me. When I hit them once, they lose like 90% of their HP and then they start running around so I got to shoot where I think they will be a second later because the bullet realistically takes a second to reach it.

The jetback is awesome.
    My exploding mines are cool.

The special abilities are cool and I get new ones periodically.

So yeah, why not, I bought the full version on steam (75% off atm)
    I like it as a SINGLE player game atm and later I will try the multiplayer and PvP stuff and see how I like that. But for now, just messing around with the quests and such is more than worth the tiny amount of money I had to pay for the whole thing. I can easily see myself playing this thing for weeks without touching the PvP aspect of the game (which is the main part) and it's hard to get that much entertainment for such a small amount of money.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Dec 29th, 2010 at 14:22:59.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast