Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do FC points, Phasefront points and Veteran points work?

Post How do FC points, Paid points and Veteran points work?

I will do my best at explaining the different points available in Anarchy Online.
    First, some vocabulary:
    Customer Account: The account you use to login to https://register.funcom.com/. Each customer account may be associated with many game accounts.
    Game Account: The account you use to login to the game. Each game account may only be associated with one customer account.

Funcom Points (FCP)
    These are points which accumulate on your Customer Account. I will refer to these as FCP.
    All game accounts associated with the customer account share the same FCP.
    If you spend FCP to buy something on a single character, or a specific game account, the customer accounts total FCP amount is reduced by the specified amount.
    FCP can be spent in the item store, or on https://register.funcom.com/.

You get FCP for every game account subscription. (free subscriptions excluded)
    As of 17th November, 2010, you get 60 points for 1 month, 300 points for 3 months, 600 points for 6 months and 1440 points for 12 months. (source)
    If you have three 12month subscriptions, you will gain 3*1440=4320 FCP per year.

You can also buy FCP for cash. Pricing information is available on https://register.funcom.com/

If you merge two customer accounts, the total number of available FCP will be the combined FCP of both accounts.

Item Store special items:
    As of 3rd December, 2010, Portable GMS (Permanent) & Portable Bank (Permanent) is a once-per-game-account purchase. Once bought, the respective item is free for all current & future characters on that game account. (source)

Paid Points (PP)
    Previously known as Phasefront Points
    These points are specific for each game account. I will refer to these points as PP.
    You can convert FCP from your customer account into PP on any one of your game accounts. Once you do this, the specified amount of FCP is deducted from your customer account, and the specified amount of PP are added to the selected game account.
    PP may be spent at the Phasefront vendors in Newland Lake.

These points are available on each character on your game account.
    Each character has a separate counter for how many PP they have spent. The remaining PP is calculated by: (game account PP) minus (Characters Spent PP).

Example:
    You transfer 1000 PP onto your account, and spend them all on character A.
    Character A will now have 0 PP.
    Character B will still have 1000 PP.
    If you now roll a new Character C, it will also have 1000PP.
    Now you transfer 500 more PP to that game account.
    Now, character A will have 500PP. Character B&C will have 1500PP.

Veteran Points (VetP)
    These are rewarded for x number of months of paid subscription. They're rewarded up-front, meaning if you pay for 12 months you get the points for those 12 months right away. I will refer to these as VetP. This is because VP may be confused with Victory Points, which is something else.
    VetP are specific to your game account.
    Each game account has a specified amount of VetP (see list below), and each character has a counter specifying how many VetP they have spent.
    This works exactly like the PP example above, except you cannot buy them for cash.

You can spend VetP in the Veteran shops located in Borealis (near wompahs), Omni Entertainment (near the 20k wompah) and Tir (near the grid exit)

If you merge another account into your customer account, all game accounts will get the highest number of VetP. (I don't know exactly how this mechanic works, but that's the gist of it)
    Example:
    customer account As highest VetP count is 91.
    customer account Bs highest VetP count is 120.
    If you merge these two, all associated game accounts will have 120 VetP.

Overview of VetP gains:
    Code:
    Years   PointsAdded   PointsTotal
    ½           1               1
    1           2               3
    1½          3               6
    2           4              10
    2½          5              15
    3           6              21
    3½          7              28
    4           8              36
    4½          9              45
    5          10              55
    5½         11              66
    6          12              78
    6½         13              91
    7          14             105
    7½         15             120
    8          16             136
    8½         17             153
    9          18             171
    9½         19             190
    10         20             210
    10½        21             231 
    11         22             253
    11½        23             276
    12         24             300
    Last edited by Demoder; Sep 8th, 2012 at 07:41:09. Reason: Better formatting. Fixed a typo.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    Magnets.
    ill start waiting for Monikers 4chan comments
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    ill start waiting for Monikers 4chan comments
    I was insulting ICP's music video and using it sarcastically long before (about 2 hours real time) the internet decided they wanted to

I thought you were quoting Colonel Jack O'Neill from Stargate SG-1.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

This needs to be stickied, printed and framed.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Nice.

I was just starting to wonder about how all these various kinds of points work and relate to each other now the other day, thinking that it would be useful to have a clear explanation like this, as I think there isn't an official one.

I'd say, this one calls for getting stickied to top.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Bump for being stickied, and also a link to it in New Arrivals.

It's already in the knowledge base bookmarks.
    Having it in New Arrivals sounds like a good idea, though.

Btw, it's not very clear, but it seems that before, you gained VetP at the end of a 6 month period, but now, you gain the VetP at each payement, relatively to the payement size (in month).
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Yes, you seem to get VetP upfront now. I suppose they figured it would be an incentive for picking the longer subscriptions.
    Adding that to the OP.

Yeah that was changed a patch or 2 ago, it was in the notes. You pay for 12 months then you get 12 months worth upfront.

Added information about the (game)account-wide behaviour of the permanent bank&gms items.

Thanks, this is really helpful. I've been wondering how the combined points for two subscriptions work, if you get the combined points on each account or not. Didn't want to spend any to find out.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

So, does the permanent bank apply to all servers on that customer account as well?
    Last edited by Dhargon; Dec 7th, 2010 at 04:08:50.

Dhargon: It applies to all current&future characters on all dimensions of that game account.

I would suggest underlining "game account". You already have a different colour, but I think underlining will help.

Also for the VetP list, I think a unit of years and ½, 1, 1½, 2, 2½ ... 12
    would be easier to read. 90/12 is a calculation, people do not readily know how long 90 months is, 7½ year is more used/clear

And make it up to 12 years, that way it is valid in the future too, for those having played since beta
    Then you do not need to come and update that part for at least teh next 2½ years.

Good post

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Great post, thanks for the info.

Do you happen to know if FCP spent on Rimor deducts from characters on Atlantean? It does say game account, but just thought i'd check to confirm

Thanks

Syph
    Sypheres - Level 220 / 28 Doctor
    Syphertech - Level 220 / 16 Techno Arch-Wizard (apparently)
    Provox - Level 220 / 17 Soldier
    Dolarhyde - Level 220 / 17 Agent
    Vjeshtitza - Level 220 / 20 Shade

Server 1st!! First 220 Opifex Female Clan Doctor RK1/RK2!

Quote Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
    Great post, thanks for the info.

Do you happen to know if FCP spent on Rimor deducts from characters on Atlantean? It does say game account, but just thought i'd check to confirm

Thanks

Syph
    Thank you.

FCP is per customer account. The answer to your question is yes.

I think it's also worth noting that, if you merge froob accounts to a paid account, you will then have vet points on the froobs as well.
    Because Race Yalm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast