Thread: Borked BS

Borked BS

So...

Sign up for BS...never get invite and log off in inferno (210 toon). Log back on, get message to do Duty Quest. Hmm. Petition. told by GM "dont desert BS". Oh well, do Duty Quest. Go to BS..get invite to a borked zone (just me). Run around for a few mins and afk out. Get message to do Duty Quest. Do Duty Quest (again)..get invite... no BS run... Duty Quest again.

Get the picture? Have petitioned 5x times now - told its a bug but cant get it fixed. In another BS round now - just me - and gonna have to do Duty Quest again. Shoot me now pls. Have picked up more trash in Bor that I knew existed.

The answer shouldnt be to "log out of queue" cause most toons are not in BS area when they log off. Also, why do you get deserter if the BS round never starts?

Fix please..........

I don't know if it's through fast, normal or both logout. But when you quit, you stya in the BS queue and get the invite offline, it times out and you lose reputation.

I agree it's annoying both for people having to pick up trash and those who want a bs and end up with unbalanced numbers due to people logged off.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

The main question is: why do you even get invited if you are NOT ONLINE anymore?

The BS should only invite people who are online (and not afk).
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

I think the system should be fixed so that it kicks people off the queue once they have been logged out for some time, maybe 5 or 10 minutes. That way LD won't kick you out of queue, but once you log out for the day or swap to other alt for longer time it would not keep you to falsify the BS queue.

People who are AFK are bit different problem, maybe could not count them to be in queue, but would auto-add them once they stop with afk. Again, it could keep them in their spot at the first 5mins or such and after it drop them from queue until they stop afk.

There could still be people who are not afk or logged off and just not join, but those fixes could make the bugged runs happen a lot less.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Not getting kicked from queue when you log an alt or LD has it's advantages as well.

Warping players without knowing if enough will accept in the first place, that's what is broken. Getting an invite, warping to ship, getting booted because there is not enough people and then ending up with deserter... Aggravating.

To me the most logical system would be:
    The server starts by sending out invites to people in queue, 1 by 1:
    Queue A (QA) is the shortest queue: QA1 gets invited, accepts; QB1 gets invited, rejects; QB2 gets invited, accepts; QA2 gets invited, ...

Once 4 people from both queue A and B have accepted, those 8 people get warped into BS. Subsequent people get invited in pairs as well. Players leaving BS also cause more people from that side's queue to be invited.

If there were not enough players that accepted (time-out or rejected) on both sides, the players who did accept, do not get warped, but stay in queue. And they also receive a message that not enough players accepted, but that they themselves remain in queue. Players that didn't answer in time (afk) receive a message that they were removed from queue (a message that doesn't time out), otherwise they are never sure if they are still in queue at all.

I really doubt that checks like these could be hard to code, but judging from how long the queue issues have been known ...
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

working as intended
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

I would say that the best solution to all the bs problems would be to remove the bs and put a decent ammount of VPs in the mothership missions. But then all the millions of hardcore PvP fans would go berserk, so I wont.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

I would say that the best solution to all the bs problems would be to remove the pvm but then all the millions of hardcore PvM fans would go berserk, so I wont.

Honestly, not only deserter has no reason to exist after pvp titles were removed but i also cant understand why BS kicks people when there are not enough people on the other side. Its competition based game after all, if one side joins and the other does not, the first one should simply win in walkover.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

FYI....

Finally got an official response from FC. And I quote "Working as intended".

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    FYI....

Finally got an official response from FC. And I quote "Working as intended".
    Haha, who would have thought, eh?

1. Open net browser.
    2. Type "google", press enter.
    3. Type "youtube", press enter.
    4. Click.
    5. Type "Thre little birds bob marley", press enter.
    6. Click.
    7. Enjoy
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

All of the solutions here are far, far too complicated.

Maybe add in 'You can not log off while in Battle Station que' - much like 'under attack', and a '/que leave' command. The command would be just like clicking the button to leave the que.

I'm not sure why the join/leave buttons are disabled when you leave the zone in the first place. It seems nonsensical and very much reminiscent of the Sirrilion-era type code that made no sense, to the point we need a whole rebalance of the game to correct it.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Honestly, not only deserter has no reason to exist after pvp titles were removed but i also cant understand why BS kicks people when there are not enough people on the other side. Its competition based game after all, if one side joins and the other does not, the first one should simply win in walkover.
    Deserter exists because it's lame as f*ck that some people can leave bs area when they're in a tough spot, AND then rejoin as soon as they're ready for combat again. It has lil to do with pvp titles,and alot to do with common sense.

I agree that rounds ending because of lack of numbers for one side is silly,but letting them continue with a 5/1 ratio of players is even more silly.
    Mirrors are more fun than television.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodul View Post
    Deserter exists because it's lame as f*ck that some people can leave bs area when they're in a tough spot, AND then rejoin as soon as they're ready for combat again. It has lil to do with pvp titles,and alot to do with common sense.
    Hm, ive never thought of it like that nor seen anyone doing it. There are no titles to loose so why would anyone escape from BS just in order to not get killed? If its a problem just give attackers pvp kill points if anyone escapes them via /afk.

Deserter "last" reason to exist is to prevent neutrals to join one side, see that the other side is winning, and /afk and rejoin other side. Other reasons have gone poof long time ago.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Hm, ive never thought of it like that nor seen anyone doing it. There are no titles to loose so why would anyone escape from BS just in order to not get killed? If its a problem just give attackers pvp kill points if anyone escapes them via /afk.
    One explanation could be that !stats scripts enables you to see how many deaths you have. Maybe people want to keep a good kill/death ratio. This is assuming people left and then joined BS again right after.

Jorlaf, have you ever seen anyone doing this?

Jorlaf, have you ever seen anyone doing this?
    Nope, it was just an attempt to explane why people might have done it.

I have seen people /afk out of the bs just to not die. Simply to not give satisfaction.It has happened many times,especially at tl5, and it still does from time to time.

I feel that if someone used /afk to leave that area, then they stay out for some time.
    Mirrors are more fun than television.

Well if it weren't for the deserter/have to go pick up trash thing a lot of people would probably /afk after the score hit 425. I do it myself sometimes when BS is just plain disinteresting for me.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

It used to happen a lot. Then they introduced deserter/trash mission. Now it doesn't.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier