Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shade nano changes discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Would it be possible to get an honest assessment of the Silence nano from a shade?

Also, if FC goes through with that, I hope they take necesarry precautions to avoid Silence being the new Hellspinner, "setting" long cooldowns to 6s.
    Well I have my doubts the nano will go through the entire rebalance untouched. It will greatly depend on what else happens to see if it needs to be adjusted accordingly.

I'd think of it more of a concept, I won't let anything go through that's totally crazy.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Would it be possible to get an honest assessment of the Silence nano from a shade?

Also, if FC goes through with that, I hope they take necesarry precautions to avoid Silence being the new Hellspinner, "setting" long cooldowns to 6s.
    recharge should be completely different to cool down. but i see you're point.

as far as how effective it would be for the shade... well, it will be a very effective "i win" button against a fair few professions, a reasonable defensive action against a couple more and not much use against a couple.

it is crap

6 s not being able to use nanos is not big deal bcs they still can use perks stims and ****s.it is not the same as stuns and it has long recharge.
    we lost the stun procs which would made doc sit on edge now they will just keep their perks for this one and will leave easly

perks and stims? Oh please...

An agent doesn't have perk heals, plus he won't be able to heal or root. = dead agent

A soldier with perk heal and stims, yeah that sounds like it'll outheal a shade's damage = dead soldier (no AMS)

You'll be able to stop a crat from rooting/nuking, won't mean instadeath for the crat, but it's still helpful somewhat if you need to run from him or something, same concept with fixer

You'll stop a NT from rooting/nuking/using NBG or NSII = dead NT.

You'll stop roots and drains from traders = dead trader

You don't think that's a big deal? Ok then.

Most likely you won't really need the stun proc vs docs, since you have your nanodrains and doc heals are going to have a massive nanocost attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by babek View Post
    6 s not being able to use nanos is not big deal bcs they still can use perks stims and ****s.it is not the same as stuns and it has long recharge.
    we lost the stun procs which would made doc sit on edge now they will just keep their perks for this one and will leave easly
    But your nano drain proc got twice as strong and is guaranteed to proc on a successful hit = constant nanodrain, roughly 33% more nano per second gone. I'm not assuming the nano drain ring will stay in game, but if it does, you're going to just destroy their nano. Their heals' costs are going up, and AS docs are probably not going to stay AS because of the melee interrupt.

Combine this with the stun perk and the Silence nano = docs will get hit harder than they do now. No heals, you can stop their healing for 6 seconds if they do have nano, their heal perks will take 2 seconds to execute, plus a stun and high damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    There is "susceptible" and there is "absolutely freaking devastated".

Maybe a nano line is going too far, but a little more support on items would be nice ^^ It isn't even a dark blue skill :P
    I couldn't agree more with this sentiment... At 150 I'm able to get ~800 max NR with with spirits and nr items... (without perking notum repulsor) consequently "everything" lands.

Is that what susceptible means? I'm not asking for immunity just some reasonability... I don't think its unreasonable to ask for TL5 shades to have access to some NR nanos, and I'm disappointed that they weren't even on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by wooooot View Post
    and I'm disappointed that they weren't even on the map.
    The reason they're not there is it would only be a band-aid fix to an underlying issue.

I'd expect more support in other parts of the rebalancing, but honestly an NR boost through nanos just doesn't make sense.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post

An agent doesn't have perk heals, plus he won't be able to heal or root. = dead agent
    1)we do not know what nano agents will get
    2)he will probably fp soldier or something else.
    3)he can root graft and run back 6s is not like 1h
    4)he can root you from start(aad wil not add to nr anymore) we lost shd too gl without outhealing.

A soldier with perk heal and stims, yeah that sounds like it'll outheal a shade's damage = dead soldier (no AMS)
    1)gl outhealing soldier dmage
    a)no more shd
    b)you will get screwed on his dmage shileds
    c)we will not be able to keep them perm debuffed
    d)they got more hd and last resort nano which will heal them alot

You'll be able to stop a crat from rooting/nuking, won't mean instadeath for the crat, but it's still helpful somewhat if you need to run from him or something, same concept with fixer
    1)fixer will keep you snared rooted u cannot hit him so no heal for you.2
    2)crat they got nice nukes

don not know what they getting but who said they wo not have a weapon?+it will be the same still who sees whom 1 st will be the winner.

Most likely you won't really need the stun proc vs docs, since you have your nanodrains and doc heals are going to have a massive nanocost attached to it.
    well their heals will have nano cost increased but that does not mean they will be always low on nano for their top heals

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post

6 second silence and 90sec cooldown, i really doubt you can kill soljas in 6 second after they get normal reflects buffed and 4k more HP.

and NTs and traders and crats. they probably want to keep their distance so you need to use silence to get close, and they can kite even while unable to cast anything.

but i don't pvp much so i wouldn't know..
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Dec 9th, 2010 at 23:29:26.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

We need some AR in some of these nanos or lower the NCU cost :/. If a 150 shade with 1.3k ar cant perk pretty much 80% of bs theres a problem.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

150 AR and Shades...

So... I have 1549 AR (full CC, aao rings, igocs, etc) and I can't perk a decent MA (no alien armor) when he is in full agg. Something is seriously wrong... Maybe instead of (or in addition to) augmenting our AR, we can get a lower def check on all the perks... This seems like the most simple change to this unbelievable problem.

I know that there are not 'that many' shades at 150, but it's not a chicken before the egg question... People tried and quit when FC ignored fixing this for so long.

The perk thing could be changed in a week or less.

So... I have 1549 AR (full CC, aao rings, igocs, etc) and I can't perk a decent MA (no alien armor) when he is in full agg. Something is seriously wrong... Maybe instead of (or in addition to) augmenting our AR, we can get a lower def check on all the perks... This seems like the most simple change to this unbelievable problem.

I know that there are not 'that many' shades at 150, but it's not a chicken before the egg question... People tried and quit when FC ignored fixing this for so long.

The perk thing could be changed in a week or less.

I really hate people like you what makes you think you should be able a evade proffesion like MA ? 220 shades cant perk a MA either , also i suggest learning how the game works before you judge whats wrong with a proffesion , full agg / full def doesnt matter at all means jack 0 when it comes to perks you can go full agg or full def they still work the same .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    I really hate people like you what makes you think you should be able a evade proffesion like MA ? 220 shades cant perk a MA either , also i suggest learning how the game works before you judge whats wrong with a proffesion , full agg / full def doesnt matter at all means jack 0 when it comes to perks you can go full agg or full def they still work the same .
    I don't see anything constructive in this post whatsoever.

I'm actually talking with a large amount of the playerbase on rk2 and everyone agrees that the shade perk mechanic is broken. It's pretty much ridiculous. Comparing 220's to 150's is... well moronic.
    Last edited by wooooot; Dec 12th, 2010 at 14:45:49.

I don't see anything constructive in this post whatsoever.

I'm actually talking with a large amount of the playerbase on rk2 and everyone agrees that the shade perk mechanic is broken. It's pretty much ridiculous. Comparing 220's to 150's is... well moronic.

If the large amount of rk2 playerbase wich lol im apart of oh wait i got 2 shades on both servers , dont know how game mechanic works then they shouldnt comment on a proffesion ( any proffesion for that matter ). Wanting to perk Ma`s as a shade is like ... lol .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

everyone agrees that the shade perk mechanic is broken.
    What's broken is the majority of the shade offense being perks.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    What's broken is the majority of the shade offense being perks.
    And add to that that most require chaining, so if a starter or middle perk is resisted, your main dmg is out of order for the next 30s or more.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Xephonics View Post
    And add to that that most require chaining, so if a starter or middle perk is resisted, your main dmg is out of order for the next 30s or more.
    I know it would make life a lot easier for a shade if all perks didn't need chaining.

But I think being able to que many perks in an instant is a major part in what is broken about the game. Only having to be able to perk a target for a split second to activate an enterior alpha (for anyone with a perk alpha except shades) makes MR and surprise extremely powerful. It also takes away some of the defensive power of cc, stuns, evade perks and drains.

If the perk mechanics were changed to only be able to que 1 perk while another was being run (or something which limited the number of perks that were queable in a split second), then I think combat would be a lot more dynamic. This sort of change couldn't be looked at in isolation - because other things in the game would need to be balanced along with this change.

I am just going to say this without making a TLDR post and am only interested in your thoughts and explanations on the matter.

But what if shades had one of the highest ARs in game/out of all melee professions? How would you feel about that? How would other professions feel about that? etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I am just going to say this without making a TLDR post and am only interested in your thoughts and explanations on the matter.

But what if shades had one of the highest ARs in game/out of all melee professions? How would you feel about that? How would other professions feel about that? etc etc.
    I'd rather see Shades be able to debuff AAD/EvadeClose to their AR level instead of getting giant boosts of AR. Basically, improve Spirit Phylactery and give their perks 80-90% checks.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I'd rather see Shades be able to debuff AAD/EvadeClose to their AR level instead of getting giant boosts of AR. Basically, improve Spirit Phylactery and give their perks 80-90% checks.
    ^^This

I dont think they should have the highest static ar/def, but I do think they should have a chance to drain that high (or like Saetos said, and be able to bring their opponent down to their level). I do not mean guaranteed, but I think their drain perks should drain/give more and be able to land worth a crap.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast