Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shade nano changes discussion

Didn't realize shades ran with such high nano initiatives/in full agg sorry. Nor have the nano capabilities to land it reliably in the first place.

If you triple wielding you can get 160hps from the base proc just with normals, if it fires on specials you can get above than even just double wielding.

add in the nemesis nano heals for 10 seconds every 2 minutes you can heal a good 6k of your hp if you hit em.

All without having to cast constantly but instead be doing what a shade does best, stabbing people.

The LE heal proc is affected by heal efficiency. SHD was so useful to cast on people with reflects to break roots. Oh well back to root -> afk -> decon room

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Didn't realize shades ran with such high nano initiatives/in full agg sorry. Nor have the nano capabilities to land it reliably in the first place.
    No IP in nano init, full def, instant casting SHD as an opifex. It landed reliably (not 100% but hey, NR is broken as it is) as well, but that may be my experience or the difference in server playstyles.

about new procs...

Ceremonial Trance hp -400, attack 1s, recharge 1s, dps=400/(1+1) = 200dps

thats about 12k DPM, or does it land on every hit

singlewielding 30*400 = 12k
    dualwielding,40*400 = 16k
    triple 45*400 = 18k ?

triplewielding detaunt... 1440*45 = 66k detaunt per min..

and specials.. 8x FA, about 4 brawls, 3 backstabs = 15 extra hits = 6k DPM (Ceremonial Trance) & 21k detaunt
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Dec 2nd, 2010 at 16:33:09.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas View Post
    about new procs...

Ceremonial Trance hp -400, attack 1s, recharge 1s, dps=400/(1+1) = 200dps

thats about 12k DPM, or does it land on every hit

singlewielding 30*400 = 12k
    dualwielding,40*400 = 16k
    triple 45*400 = 18k ?

triplewielding detaunt... 1440*45 = 66k detaunt per min..

and specials.. 8x FA, about 4 brawls, 3 backstabs = 15 extra hits = 6k DPM (Ceremonial Trance) & 21k detaunt
    for triple weilding and PVM ... how much damage do you think the proc should be ? 1500 ?

if ma combined gets added to some shade weapons, we don't necassarily have access to brawl.

i wonder what extra damage changes to LE procs will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    for triple weilding and PVM ... how much damage do you think the proc should be ? 1500 ?

if ma combined gets added to some shade weapons, we don't necassarily have access to brawl.

i wonder what extra damage changes to LE procs will bring.
    the point was: shade nano spreadsheet has fixed value calculated 200DPS and if every weapon hit procs the nuke it will be twice as much..

so.. is there hidden cooldowns or recharges that prevents prock landing more than once in 2 seconds (like shown in sheet 400/(attack+recharge)=200?
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

TL5 Shade: Nano Changes Discussion

Please don't make the Prowler a seperate line... especially at 60 NCU! This is some very serious trickle (ar and def and keeping things non oe) that when added to the upgraded evades line (Spiraled Serpant) is ~93 NCU!

This is for a prof that still doesn't have a token board or very good abilities to twink CL... 1-174... (read again this is title level 5 shade!)

The initiative line is great... again, high NCU (50) for a TL5...

I think the healing proc is a step in the right direction... but I have to say with honesty that the biggest problem with shade at TL5 is AR. With so many profs having extremely high defenses it makes it very difficult to land our "all important" perks... (btw how can a backstab miss really?!)

So, why would we only slightly increase "Master Piercer" (Jab of Razor) and "Probe of Death (Pierce of Xark) by a minimal amount. Ask any shade... at tl5 we need more AR. I mean ALOT more. Piercing and ~+100 AAO.

Why on earth is there no nano resist line being added to Shade? Professionals where is our nano resist line?! This is an issue in pvm and pvp!

I loved the idea of a faster mechanic in sneak for a nano line... that actually made a lot of sense and would have really been a great nano for the profession. I don't think it would have changed game play that dramatically... except for making more shades. Is this just not possible with the mechanics of the game?

I know things are still going to be tweaked, but the NCU thing is just crazy... was really hoping for some interesting things for this profession in the balance at this TL...

Let's see. For a level 150 shade
    Code:
    16	Composite Melee, Physical, Nano, Medical
    40	Faster than your Thoughts (400runspeed)
    60	Shadow in the Dusk (concealment)
    34	Spiraled Serpent (evades)
    60	Prowler (60 agi/sen)
    38	Whetstone (Sharp Object buff)
    30	Backpiercer (120 SA/FA)
    50	Lycanthropic Rush (init buff)
    28	Pierce of Xark (110 piercing)
    35	Sacrificial Blow (Proc A: Heal Proc )
    33	Degeneration of Legerity (Proc B: Init Debuff proc)
    ------

Additinal Buffs:
    44	Double Fence (130 parry)
    28	Touch of the Specter (110 MA, 110 dimach)
    ------
    A total cost of 424 (496 total) for Selfbuffs at level 150 is ridiculous. Especially since a 150 will struggle to get the same CL fix items that shades gotten recently. No CL brain spirit. Hard pressed to get CL sleeve (gotta do access quest to enter pen iirc and dependant on pocket team for the Questline). Unable to use the Experimental Cyborg Token Board and limited to the prototype for half the buff (token boards... when?? :P).

Some of these nanos need their NCU cost lowered badly.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by wooooot View Post
    Why on earth is there no nano resist line being added to Shade? Professionals where is our nano resist line?! This is an issue in pvm and pvp!
    Shades are evaders, and therefore, are more susceptible to nano effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Waahash View Post
    Shades are evaders, and therefore, are more susceptible to nano effects.
    There is "susceptible" and there is "absolutely freaking devastated".

Maybe a nano line is going too far, but a little more support on items would be nice ^^ It isn't even a dark blue skill :P
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    A total cost of 424 (496 total) for Selfbuffs at level 150 is ridiculous. Especially since a 150 will struggle to get the same CL fix items that shades gotten recently. No CL brain spirit. Hard pressed to get CL sleeve (gotta do access quest to enter pen iirc and dependant on pocket team for the Questline). Unable to use the Experimental Cyborg Token Board and limited to the prototype for half the buff (token boards... when?? :P).

Some of these nanos need their NCU cost lowered badly.
    While I think the NCU might be a bit much too, I wouldn't be so hasty into assuming a 150 shade won't be able to equip decent NCUs after the itemization.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Solds will have NO chance vs a shade lol.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    While I think the NCU might be a bit much too, I wouldn't be so hasty into assuming a 150 shade won't be able to equip decent NCUs after the itemization.
    True. Though imo the self buffs NCU usage is to high for any prof at 150. Buy yeah maybe itemization will help.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    Solds will have NO chance vs a shade lol.
    Just run around and we wont be able to do anything no regulars no healing .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

I just realized something when I was distraught over the NCU requirements. But I would say, most shades who can cast SHD use a viral compiler in slot 6 thus they lose a good amount of NCU. I have 850 ncu and if I got rid of my viral compiler I would have over 1000. However, if a shade had full piercing NCUs, yes NCU would still be an issue.

Regardless, NCU will be an issue up until higher levels, I think. I could be wrong, what do you think?

I sit on about 420 NCU with my TL5 shade. That is with 6 64 NCU Memories. It won't be hard to go from 64 to 80 in each slot with yuttos mems which is 96 more NCU so 520ish NCU.

If I need 496 NCU to only self buff I will have no chance in PVP against top twinks as at TL5 we're fairly reliant on OBs. The rebalance should improve things but I doubt we will want to lose RRFE and GSF... (not to mention FAT, behe etc )
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Token boards should help with that the inability to equip high QL ncus at the lower ranks.

100 more complit from the token board would help yeah. Still gimped in regards to other profs due to lack of implants but grinding ofab armor can offset that.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Would it be possible to get an honest assessment of the Silence nano from a shade?

Also, if FC goes through with that, I hope they take necesarry precautions to avoid Silence being the new Hellspinner, "setting" long cooldowns to 6s.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

carbonum armor has NCUs..
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast