Thread: 200 shade pvp?

200 shade pvp?

Now that the level ranges are changed, how do you think a L200 shade would perform in PvP?
    We all know that 174 and lower shades suck, but with access to impale, 3 more perks and possibly some other goodies, could shade be good? What weaps would be useable and is QL300 AI armor within reach?
    Musha Emaan Boom - 220/20 Adventurer
    West Empaya Athens - 220/26 Fixer
    Anti Rainking Anti 207/21 Keeper
    Forever Sneakez Whatever - Agent
    Uptown Pooncat Girl - 150 MP!

All members of Equilibrium

same problem with spirits remains, all shades would get is a little extra damage but still hard for them to perk anything with half decent evades.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    same problem with spirits remains, all shades would get is a little extra damage but still hard for them to perk anything with half decent evades.
    Actually lvl 200 sounds pretty good in terms of ar vs def as there are no new defensive milestones in the past 60 levels and not overpowered def items from alba / dreadlochs yet. Symbiants change is marginal from what you can use at tl5; around 20 points in ql.

With can opener it should be ok as long as shade doesn’t get rooted.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Its a bit more than a little damage, its tons more. If your perking something at 200 its probably going insta-splat.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

yeah but your AR doesn't increase much either which is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by pivits View Post
    We all know that 174 and lower shades suck
    Do we now? Do you have a 174 shade?

Sure we're not top of the ladder by any means, but with ridiculous effort in twinking we can do more than "suck"

Good thread though, I am considering levelling my shade. Seems sad to level her after all the twinking effort with special edition OFAB etc etc...
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Do we now? Do you have a 174 shade?

Sure we're not top of the ladder by any means, but with ridiculous effort in twinking we can do more than "suck"

Good thread though, I am considering levelling my shade. Seems sad to level her after all the twinking effort with special edition OFAB etc etc...
    My 170 shade used to be in top spirits & full CC apart from gloves obviously. I'll still say that it pretty much sucked. Sure, you'll instagibb the ocational gimp or a soldier if you land a lucky stun, but most of the time you'll be rooted or sneaking away from people you know you cant touch.

What I realised though is that shades gain more AR than other people gain def between 170-200. This is ofcourse true for most proffesions, but shade is by far the proffesion that is most reliant on AR at this level because killing people quickly is your only true defense due to lack of healing.
    You get 18 more AR from PM line, + a bunch from research, and another 40 AAO from dreads token board. Would love it if someone had actual numbers from a s7 shade twink or something.

I wont agree with Hellrule who says its tons more dmg though, it's just 1 perk. You'll still need disorientate because your alpha is pretty slow. But it could be decent.

Now the question is; should I level my shade or my keeper to L200? :>
    Musha Emaan Boom - 220/20 Adventurer
    West Empaya Athens - 220/26 Fixer
    Anti Rainking Anti 207/21 Keeper
    Forever Sneakez Whatever - Agent
    Uptown Pooncat Girl - 150 MP!

All members of Equilibrium

The question is: are the fundamental problems with Shade PVP alleviated or exacerbated at level 200? I think they are alleviated a bit from the access to research and AI levels. Those DO give AR and evades. You are still slow as hell but the perk situation isn't as limiting.

Does that make shades a GOOD PVP prof at 200? I don't think so.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

My 170 shade used to be in top spirits & full CC apart from gloves obviously. I'll still say that it pretty much sucked. Sure, you'll instagibb the ocational gimp or a soldier if you land a lucky stun, but most of the time you'll be rooted or sneaking away from people you know you cant touch.
    NR2 after buffing is what ya need 1800+ AR, almost unrootable, grab a few OBs and yr off ^^

If you're looking for an easier ride at 200 I agree with Obtena.

If I level my shade I think I'll go all the way to 220.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

i calced a little on a 200 shade twink, if you rly botherd on a opi shade they can equip unhappy spirits, but omg that would be much farming!
    and yes ql 300 cc and such.
    sounds awesome!! but the.. a 200 shade only get 1 dd perk more, and its impale ):
    funcom should realy work on low lev shades dmg, its not impressive.

Now the question is; should I level my shade or my keeper to L200? :>
    Keepers can get RIDICULOUS amounts of 2h Edged at 200 - HEOT anyone? - on top of very respectable HP ratings (which makes them awesome for Sector 7). I'd say go for the Keeper.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

With a good keeper & healer , you can do anything in S7 , I used to use my agent fp doc with Datekeep , was really easy lol!
    .: Proud Member of Spartans :.

Lotusnoir: 220/30 Adv - Savapeter: 220/30 MA
    Mrpinetti: 220/30 Crat -Jetekill: 220/30 Shade !
    Lotus: 220/30 NT -Savakite: 170/24 PvP NT
    Spaartacus: 220/30 Keeper -Cheapdate: 150/20 MP
    Lotuss: 150/20 Doc - Jetedrain 116/13 Trader
    Soldlotus : 220/30 Sold - Sneaking64 : 172/24 Agent

if you need to ask, roll l200 atrox enfo..

betw: can someone link me auno-config of best LvL 150 setup for pvm enfo that is cheap and easy to get pls?
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Jan 16th, 2011 at 18:57:20.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!