Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 26th, 2010 - Spreadsheet Assault

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    You should learn to value the opinions of your dissenters more than your fanbois, their advice will only be to agree with whatever you guys say, and not give you honest feedback on the impact of things you'd like in the game
    This is just it - Note that I'm not interested in removing posts of dissenting opinions. We're ok with those. Obviously not everyone's going to agree with any change that we make, regardless of what it is - There will always be someone who wishes we hadn't altered X, or hadn't added in Y. That's ok, and voicing those opinions is fine - Look through-out the rest of the forums and you'll see plenty of posts from folks who've had both good and bad things to say about the new item store (or any thing else we've added in/removed/changed over the last nine years).

The difference, though, is in how it's stated and phrased. It's one thing to offer up a post which is thoughtful, logical, and meaningful. It's another thing to loop around in endless circles of trolling and meaningless speculation designed to rile others up. THAT'S what I'm asking you guys not to do in here - Hence why your post hasn't been removed, nor is it infraction-worthy, because while we may see things differently the post I've quoted is quality. It's a good post, even if there's a difference in opinion. There may be those who don't *agree* with your opinion, but that's ok - So long as said opinion is stated in a concise, clear fashion, and isn't full of random hate/pointless bickering, then you're welcome to it and welcome to post it. It's about quality over quantity. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    We have not, nor are we planning on adding in things like viralbots, combined AI armour, BoCs, ACDCs, or anything of the sort.
    Buyable BoC would, however, be a good idea.

It's mostly useless item today, but it's a convenience to have one. Easier to put some stuff in (while wearing it), but not necessary item to have, to do so.

Speaking this from a "unworthy profession to team with, at end game content" point of view.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

haha klod still doesnt have his boc

/trolled
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    haha klod still doesnt have his boc

/trolled
    :'(

Funcom employee

we <3 u klod
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

WTF, where did it go?

Funcom employee

Brought it back, but only 'cause I'm nice. ;P Don't go there, though - Taunting Happy Fun Hat is not recommended. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

He told me to move it, so I did, then he decided he wanted to put it back. He's a fickle boss. I need a raise.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I need a raise.
    I am henceforth doubling your salary, effective immediately!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

He told me to move it, so I did, then he decided he wanted to put it back. He's a fickle boss. I need a raise.
    I put in a good word, and I heard volunteers might get a 100% raise this Christmas!

edit: beaten by Kintaii
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Since you just stated my compensation for this was to beat you about the head and shoulders, I'll take it!
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Dear Kintaii,

I'm pretty sure Means said something about not selling power. Isn't VP power?

I think all are doing nice job, but how can we believe in devs when they say "no power in items shop" and put VPs on it in next patch?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

LOL Kintaii is trolling!!!

P.s.: I stole Klod's BoC. /run
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

He just knows, deep down, inside, that I'm right.

But anyways, made my point. I hope "unworthy profession to team with, at end game content" will become quite the opposite, after the rebalance, so even I manage to get the damned thing, in a relatively normal way.

Selling ways to skip the boring grinds that you yourselves (well probably not you specifically but the devs in general) put into game is a terrible design.

Milking your withering playerbase of whatever money they will give you for whatever advantage, significant or not, they can get is going to kill AO. You need more players, and need more player retention. Not more revenue. And you need these things LONG before you need an in-game store. The most irritating statement I have ever read by Means was this one:

Well, it's been edited by Means, but it comes from the Announcement Concerning a New Anarchy Online In-Game Store where Means said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I am sure we can all agree the free to play market has moved on without us quite some time ago and I feel we can no longer afford to not offer these services.
    Which used to say 'ignore this potential revenue source' instead of 'not offer these services', as is referenced by the second post by Means in that thread.

That is the slipperiest slope you could possibly set yourself up on. Anything could be viewed as a potential revenue source.

And this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    In my previous thread on the subject I stated that "power" was not for sale and I was speaking in terms of finished end-game or twink setups. There will not be any items that will give additional benefit to a character who already has the best possible configuration; these items will not require said players to spend money to remain competitive (like for example "better heal stims").
    For any character who doesn't have the "best possible configuration" they could reasonably buy any item in game and not boost their power beyond what other players can do. That merely puts them up to the competetive level. Based on statements like these, there is absolutely no end to what could be sold that already drops in game.

Also, you ARE selling better heal kits. Those give a very significant advantage. My Agent uses emergency kits for a 3k heal. At 21k HP, 60% of that is 12600 HP. That's more than 4 times as effective. If you think that doesn't give someone an advantage in PvP, where every second counts and I have to sit for at least 3+ uses of a 3k heal (I don't always use Mimic: Doc, mind you), you are delusional.

Or how about this situation, I sit to use a Battle-Prepared kit to refill my nano, the other person sits and uses a 60% heal! But that's not a significant power boost, is it?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Dear Kintaii,

I'm pretty sure Means said something about not selling power. Isn't VP power?

I think all are doing nice job, but how can we believe in devs when they say "no power in items shop" and put VPs on it in next patch?
    QFT. 100% Agreed!

I'm sure we're all looking forward to the point of rebalance and new engine at which point AO development will be largely frozen, the itemstore will be expanded to sell pretty much everything, prices will be cut heavily, allowing the game to exist based on the new people coming to play the graphically revamped title which is free to play, but sells you all kinds of crap you'll really want to be better.

It's happening, enjoy it while it lasts! No way subscribers can generate as much dough as hordes of noobs buying AI armor for a 5'er.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Buyable BoC would, however, be a good idea.

It's mostly useless item today, but it's a convenience to have one. Easier to put some stuff in (while wearing it), but not necessary item to have, to do so.

Speaking this from a "unworthy profession to team with, at end game content" point of view.
    Agree from an "always losing in rolls and not that wanted in teams either - and nerf 30 raids worth of old bot points" point of view. No, really, I'd rather just loot one.

So let's start an "old, been there but still no BoC" club?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    So let's start an "old, been there but still no BoC" club?
    I'm waiting for the "I've been in the 'old, been there but still no BoC' club, and still got no BoC" Club...

Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

How about "i am old but don´t have acdc club" because i could become a member there...

You know, my first BoC i got from my org as a birthday present, this shows true dedication and leadership

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast