Thread: Fix Movement Keys

Fix Movement Keys

As a player of many years, this is an annoyance, but not such a big deal.

But i realized today as I rolled a brand new toon, they also have no movement keys. For a game with a dwindling population, and terrible startup experience as it is, not being able to move would be an instant turn off for me personally from a game.

This needs to be addressed next patch for all, if any, new comers ingame.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

I've only fixed about 6 of my 40 character's movement keys. I think a quick patch should be devoted to this lol, its ridiculous.

On a side note, one of my toons logged on around hostile mobs, you know how hard it is to run away like that

this needs to bumped more.
    Secretly Clan

Working controls are just crutches for gimps. Debump.

What about new characters on new accounts? Do they have their movement keys disabled too? I really hope not but to be honest it wouldn't surprise me. Newbies will be quitting the game in record time now: approximately 20 seconds after appearing on noob isle after getting frustrated at being unable to do so much as walk over to the guy with the blue words over his head.

Lol, FC.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

So, by default W,S,A and D dont move you?

Thats a bit more than broken.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Yes, this needs to be fixed NOW. Also, it's rather stupid that I need to change each setting back to normal, manually, on EVERY SINGLE ONE of my 20-odd alts

Just to confirm, I rolled a new alt on a new froob account I just created, and W S A D do nothing. Neither do the arrow keys. Clicking the "help" button provides no useful information on how to get your toon to move.

Yes, noob island looked rather empty...

Wow, just... wow. Ah well, who needs new players anyway amirite? Rite!?

At the very least put in a Welcome message about having to rebind movement keys through the tab in the F10 menu at login and a note in the launcher as of right this very moment. And a forum announcement. And ingame mail. And a popup message when you click on 'Start on Rubi Ka/Shadowlands' at character creation. And and and!

Seriously, this has got to be killing off all new player interest.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Hehe epic, now i know atleast what ill be doing as first thing when i logon again after reactivation.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...3&postcount=25

I created two new characters to check this out, one on a new account, and one on an older account. The W A S D default keys worked just fine.

Both accounts have the default GUI. Both game accounts are merged under my customer account. I have Windows Vista, and AO is not in Program Files. I don't know if any of those have anything to do with it, but figured I'd mention them.

Hmm I did roll a new toon yesterday and had issues. I suppose it is just a custom GUI thing as odd as that may sound.
    Secretly Clan