Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My Notum Wars Suggestions

My Notum Wars Suggestions

Suggestion 1: Make APTs and APVs work properly

Exactly what I mean by this is the fact that 1-2 APTs/APVs isn't horribly over powered...they serve a purpose that is usefull in tower defense. 5-20 of them are over powered. My suggestion here is to make APT's and APVs (not the moving mechs) work just like towers work now. By that, I mean that once somebody places one, the next person has to be so far away to place another one. This way, APTs can actually be killed without have 2 APVs spawned right on top of them making it almost impossible to kill them. This will also prevent multiple APTs to be in the same spot or close to each other.

My reasoning behind this is because I look at APT's and APVs like emergency defense units. You have a 1-2 people run out to the tower site first thing and pop up an APT and APV to slow down the attackers if they get to the CT so you have time to get your defenders buffed and ready. A single APT can give you 5 extra minutes easily to get everything together and get the twinks to the tower field before somebody mechs up and destroys it. It's also nice to thin out the numbers a tad if you are getting attacked by a huge zerg.

APT's shouldn't be used as your only means of tower defense. Using 5-10 gimp toons in APTs to defend your field should not be allowed.

Suggestion 2: Org on Org Tower wars

Hacre and I where talking the other day in a little brain storming session and came up with a great idea that would totally change the way towers are acquired. This new system would give every org a chance to get towers but it would also make it so that only the orgs that deserve towers get them. Here is how it will go down:

Rule 1: Only one org can attack a tower site at a time.

Once an org attacks a tower site, the site is now locked to said org until 30 minutes after last attack is made or tower site is cleared. Upon attacking the tower site, the attackers are given a special PvP flag that only the defending org can attack. This flag will last 30 minutes. If you want to have a tower site, you must be able to defend it by yourself. This is to prevent pure PvM orgs to benefit from PvP benefits.

Rule 2: You can only attack a tower field if you do not already have a tower with the same Type. (IE Type I, Type II, Type III, etc.)

This is the important part that makes it all work out. This rule prevents one super org full of twinks from dominating an entire pvp range and giving tower sites to less powerful orgs. For example, if you have a Type I tower, you cannot attack any other org with a Type I tower. This gives more tower diversity and makes it so that the best PvP orgs have towers. The people who deserve them.

This will mean no more zerg bot pvp. Every org for themselves. Only the best will survive. Even tl7 will become real pvp instead of 50-100 people doing /assist. These changes, overall, will produce better Notum Wars PvP and enhance the game.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Damn, I just spent 1/2 an hour writing an awesome response to this but my browser crashed so I will just sum up what I think I wrote lmao.

If a bunch of noobs who wouldn't be able to defend their site on foot get into apts, go mech and pwn them!

In tower wars (mass called pvp or 'org vs org' pvp as you have outlined) it is generally a battle of numbers in apt/avt/mech situations. If you don't have the numbers, then you can't take the site (on that try at least, seeing as if you wipe to apts, you can run back to the site and mech up right away anyways).

AVT/APT/mech damage is balanced fine as is, it just depends upon how many attackers/defenders you have.

APT/AVT should NOT be able to stack on top of eachother however, it makes no sense. Perhaps make placing apts/avts similiar to planting towers, impliment some sort of a space/area checker.

-

Org vs Org towers is such a brilliant idea and I think ideally it would encourage some great pvp, and I see the problem of powerful orgs ganging up on others if their site slots aren't limited. But making all tower pvp ONLY org vs org(with a limited number of sites, and no way to attack/defend other sites in the mean time) would probably lead to some orgs becoming bored and starting splinter orgs (Although this already happens to a small degree for twinks/farming) just so they would be able to continue do towers. Because let's face it, if an org gets a limited number of sites and they are done with towers until attacked/dethroned(especially if they are a gnarly pvp org) they are potentially likely to become bored with towers and want some more action!

Also, if tower pvp is left ONLY org vs org it kind of defeats the point of having factions because clan/neutral/omni-tek wouldn't be able to help defend/attack/increase their own factions notum sites and side xp.

Basically what Im saying is...

Fix apt/avt planting and
    BUMP for org vs org tower pvp if it can be properly implimented(allow org vs org and bigger tower pvp)
    Rivalries must be settled!! Hehe..
    Last edited by milkduds; Dec 6th, 2009 at 07:50:28.

Maybe make it so that the last hour will still remain 5% and none of my suggested rules will apply during that hour. That way, you can still attack a site if you have a tower, but you only have that 1 hour to do so. Instead of the 6 hours you currently have. So first 5 hours of hot time is he suggestion, followed by 1 hour of 5% that currently exist.

As for mechs, if an org has 5 AVPs and 2 APTs...it would take atleast 10+ people in mechs to kill them (Just imagine if they had 20 or more). Sorry, but this is not Mech Warrior. My suggestion does not limit the field to 1-2 APTs/APVs, it limits a certain area to 1 of either just like how towers are when you go to plant them.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.

Nobody hates it
    Facebook

I like the idea of org vs org, but I can already see dummy orgs made to make fake attacks to lock everyone else from attacking. XD
    Last edited by Cheree; Dec 7th, 2009 at 21:24:06.
    Pantless since 2009.

“Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever.” ~ Nadine Gordimer

Quote Originally Posted by Cheree View Post
    I like the goal of org vs org, but I can already see dummy orgs made to make fake attacks to lock everyone else from attacking. XD
    Yeah...but I'm pretty sure that would fall under the area of exploits and I can see GMs handling them just fine ^^
    Facebook

What if instead of changing a bunch of rk tower pvp that has worked well for the duration of the game, they add in a new idea of something along the lines of SL notum vein wars... and maybe have just org vs org there?

Quote Originally Posted by milkduds View Post
    What if instead of changing a bunch of rk tower pvp that has worked well for the duration of the game
    TL7 has never worked well...as long as I have been playing. It's always been zerg vs zerg and the biggest zerg wins. Has nothing to do with skill, unless you consider talking pvm players into joining your bot to get points as a skill.
    (Org vs Org fixes this)

Lower tl's worked decent...until the introduction of LE. Mechs ruined lowbie towers...in all shapes and forms. Also, froobs actually used to have a chance at notum wars. Now, all you have to do is have any paid player APT up and you destroy any froob. They have no chance of killing them.
    (Mech suggestion makes this a tad better)
    Facebook

Ehh, but what do you think about SL wars??

Quote Originally Posted by milkduds View Post
    Ehh, but what do you think about SL wars??
    Would be different, since a few professions nanos act entirely different in SL (such as enfo's rage and reflects). One problem I can see here is that training would be a much larger problem. You have a tower field in ely and all of a sudden some tl7 trains 30 hecks on the attackers... But I will say it would be totally different.
    Facebook

That's a good idea. You train 30 ely hecks to your ql 275 tower site and have the towers kill them.

/loot
    /profit
    Pantless since 2009.

“Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever.” ~ Nadine Gordimer

I don't really like the idea of org vs org tower wars, there arn't really all that many orgs around to be getting good use out of it.

Mechs/APT's/AVB's need to be developed a lot further and with more variety.

As for making tower wars more fun, I would personally like to see assist removed when its a player attacking a player.
    (Here)

And a timer be put on towers between getting disabled and being able to actually get attacked. This would allow both sides to gather forces and stop what they are doing before the battle actually starts.
    (Here)
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

big bump for org vs org, sounds super fun.

As a possible suggestion to it, once the attacking org and the defending org are "locked in" as in, they can only each other, it would be kinda interesting to still be able to reap the benefits of being teamed, so, you could still have a zerg cruisng around, and, it would be increasingly difficult to pick the attacking org members (or defending) out of a crowd, who, furthermore could enjoy all the aura/team buffs available from the zerg.

This would mean you could get a few buddies on site to help you out, and they could just kill the opposing side support units and towers, while the org on org battle rages.

I could see this making tower wars a lot more interesting. All orgs could contribute to dmg on towers, but the locked in attacking org would be the only one to win the site. This would really be cool to as it would place such a premium on starting wars, which is often what slows up mass pvp. (and causes drama as we saw last week when TPD dmg farmed CT on TU)

Bump...
    Facebook

Bump:
    I would like to add: suggestion 2(rule1):

Only one org can attack tower site and only one type.
    5% and 25% gas lasts max. 3 hours(1 hour 5% and 2 hours 25% gas)-after 3 hours is 75% gas so org under attack must fight only 1 org per gas cycle. It means there arent attacks by different orgs with distance every 1-3 hours.

If attackers win:
    - they have only 30 minutes to plant CT for their org

- only org(attackers who destroyed CT) can plant( who destoryed, not who farmed DD yesterday!, it will clear DD list every time when gas moves from 5% to75%)

- if org doesnt plant after 30 minutes then site ISNT FFA, but defeated org which lost site can replant CT again and they have only 30minutes too, after that(60minutes after CT died) it is FFA and when you plant CT it has 75%gas

-they plant CT and field is hot for 1 hour and only org which lost field can try retake it back. Another org can attack this field in next 16-17 hours(after 75%gas).

This should solve problem with your rule2.(.."This rule prevents one super org full of twinks from dominating an entire pvp range and giving tower sites to less powerful orgs.")

-moving with twinks from one org(with CT type II) to another, coz your org cant attack type II would be bannable and take as exploit.
    You have to decide if you want have twinks in your main org and defend your org or if you want to have twinks in one big org wih other twinks and defending only this big org instead of your main org, coz you cant defend XXX org with twink from YYY org).

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    big bump for org vs org, sounds super fun.

As a possible suggestion to it, once the attacking org and the defending org are "locked in" as in, they can only each other, it would be kinda interesting to still be able to reap the benefits of being teamed, so, you could still have a zerg cruisng around, and, it would be increasingly difficult to pick the attacking org members (or defending) out of a crowd, who, furthermore could enjoy all the aura/team buffs available from the zerg.This would mean you could get a few buddies on site to help you out, and they could just kill the opposing side support units and towers, while the org on org battle rages.
    Debump, it is good only for side who has more people. Imagine 5 defenders and 5 attackers. Defenders will get 2 people and attackers bring 50 people. So defenders will die in short time and they will die faster than attackers, coz defenders couldnt pick attackers.

I am up only for org vs org. Org+friends vs org+friends=zerg vs zerg= bigger chaos for attacking and defending org= less fun and less rights for winners to get(hold) site.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Dec 13th, 2009 at 20:55:02.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

This idea is just fail.. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Suggestion 1: Make APTs and APVs work properly
    better suggestion : remove APT/ AVT and mech from game... those that want to play Mechwarrior are free to go play mechwarrior...

Rule 2: You can only attack a tower field if you do not already have a tower with the same Type. (IE Type I, Type II, Type III, etc.)
    sorry, didnt read each posts in the thread ... so it may have been said before :

so, basicaly, once a PvP centric org has planted a CT of each "interesting type", they cant attack a field anymore ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    so, basicaly, once a PvP centric org has planted a CT of each "interesting type", they cant attack a field anymore ?
    Maybe make it so that the last hour will still remain 5% and none of my suggested rules will apply during that hour. That way, you can still attack a site if you have a tower, but you only have that 1 hour to do so. Instead of the 6 hours you currently have. So first 5 hours of hot time is he suggestion, followed by 1 hour of 5% that currently exist.
    So ya
    Facebook

Would need to make Wargas restriction free.

Why?

Org A with all 5 CT types is attacked by Org B with 4 CT types. Would need to allow Org A and anyone else be able to attack all 4 CTs belonging to Org B, otherwise Org B can attack Org A with impunity.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    otherwise Org B can attack Org A with impunity.
    Org A can attack Org B back right?
    Facebook

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast