Thread: Nano Rechargers

Unhappy Nano Rechargers

Doubt that its just me, but can someone please answer the following question?

Why is it that nano rechargers, first aid kits, treatment centres e.t.c stop at ql125 in shops?

I have thought long and hard bout this and can see no logical explanation for this!

All it means is that at about plus lvl 100 any char that relies on nano, starts to have major problems, as they have to sit around waiting to be able to use a nano recharger again, because a ql125 only heals 1258 NP.

So when the doc has cast a couple of high lvl heals, or the NT has cast 3 att nano's they have used that much!

To the NT nano rechargers are like ammunition, so by limiting them to ql125 in shops, the NT gets well and truly screwed.

Same with treatment centres and atrox's, they have to use about 6 treatment centres to restore the health they lost in 20 secs in a fight!

As a request FC, please put higher ql ones in the shops, its not like they would imbalance the game in anyway (or not that I can think of)

Its not much to ask for and it would make the game a whole lot more enjoyable a high lvl's, as you wouldn't have to spend time farming for bloomin rechargers and treatment centres!

Hey its not like it doesn't take long enough to lvl much past 100, and anyway, by the time you've farmed for them, you've used most of them that you gain

Buy some player made Emergency Treatment Labs.

So when the doc has cast a couple of high lvl heals, or the NT has cast 3 att nano's they have used that much!

To the NT nano rechargers are like ammunition, so by limiting them to ql125 in shops, the NT gets well and truly screwed.

NTs have Humidity Extractors which are a good supplement to nano kits. On my doctor, I have done missions with a NT in the group where I didnt have to use a single nano charger/stim.

It's easy enough for a NT to calm their way through missions looting the chests for nano and health chargers.

I keep one backpack reserved for QL125+ Nano and Health chargers. I've never had much issue with keeping it filled.

I guess you don't remember back when the only way to get 125+ treatment/nano kits was as mission reward (and for the longest time you only got one single charge).
    Higher level players have it really easy now, in that respect.

I had a lot of fun playing my doc back when I could only get QL 125 chargers...quitcher *****in, we're doin fine now.

At times I get bored and choose a 200+ mission to calm through just for chest loot. I've acquired a backpack full of QL180 Advanced Nano Rechargers. 631 treatment/time&space/+1802nano/50 charges. Sure, it's a bit more work to open that backpack two or three times per mission to reload my hotbar, but it's alot better than the crappy 125's sold in shops.

Either make these annoying 50 charge things stack, or give us some Standard Emergency Nano Rechargers, made via tradeskill, that give a huge boost to nano, blind, whatever.. much like the Emergency Treatment Laboratory.
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

Thumbs up

Ok, thx for the info, i will look into the emergency treatment centres, but don't they blind you or something?

PS, does anyone know where there is a guide on how to make them?

Thx

Originally posted by Miir

NTs have Humidity Extractors which are a good supplement to nano kits. On my doctor, I have done missions with a NT in the group where I didnt have to use a single nano charger/stim.

It's easy enough for a NT to calm their way through missions looting the chests for nano and health chargers.

I keep one backpack reserved for QL125+ Nano and Health chargers. I've never had much issue with keeping it filled.

I guess you don't remember back when the only way to get 125+ treatment/nano kits was as mission reward (and for the longest time you only got one single charge).
    Higher level players have it really easy now, in that respect.
    Well I dont know but HE doesnt do much for me. 191/235 nano every 15 secs when I use 400ish every 5 secs wont make a difference. I still need a crapload of nano packs in a mission (100-200 depending on mission size, all ql 190+ (the packs i mean)).

And I couldnt have said it better myself: for a doc, HE and crunch might help a lot, but for NTs it doesnt do all that much. Thats why a lot of us are asking for a self only HE that ticks faster and for more nano.

Nothing more embarrassing when the whole team charges into the next room, working on the next mob and you have to sit on your ass and wait for recharge.

And yes, it is easy for a NT to calm missions for nano packs. But as the original poster said, nano is ammo for a NT, not more not less. What would soldiers or any other weapon dependant profession say if they had to blitz missions for their ammo?

The situation might have gotten better, but for me personally, its far from good. To be honest, its the only gripe I have for PvM with my class atm.

Rav

I couldnt have said it better myself: for a doc, HE and crunch might help a lot, but for NTs it doesnt do all that much.

I said that HE is a nice supplement to nano kits.
    And what exactly do you mean that they "dont do all that much"? They give the same reduction and the same steady stream of nano.

Nothing more embarrassing when the whole team charges into the next room, working on the next mob and you have to sit on your ass and wait for recharge.

How many nukes are you firing off per mob that 1 nano kit plus 2 ticks of HE wont fill you back up? Hell, with Jobe, IEF only costs about 415 nano..
    Use some nano stims if its such an issue.

I've never grouped with a NT that asked us to hold up so they could fill their nano.

But as the original poster said, nano is ammo for a NT, not more not less. What would soldiers or any other weapon dependant profession say if they had to blitz missions for their ammo?

If that were really the case, NTs wouldn't be using Novas, Ithacas and X3s.
    No matter how many IPs they spend, Soldiers still can't nuke for 2.5k

The situation might have gotten better, but for me personally, its far from good. To be honest, its the only gripe I have for PvM with my class atm.

Not to turn this into a NT gripe thread, but I would think the ridiculous aggro NTs pull, blackholes and resists would be a bigger issue.

I said that HE is a nice supplement to nano kits.
    And what exactly do you mean that they "dont do all that much"? They give the same reduction and the same steady stream of nano.
    It might be a nice supplemet for other classes, but not for the NT. It of course gives the same reduction and stream of nano for all professions equally, but I tend to say NTs, who are heavy duty nukers after all, use a lot more nano than any other profession. Hence, HE doesnt do as much to NTs as to e.g. Docs or MAs.

How many nukes are you firing off per mob that 1 nano kit plus 2 ticks of HE wont fill you back up? Hell, with Jobe, IEF only costs about 415 nano..
    Use some nano stims if its such an issue.
    Depending on mob and situation, its 3-6 nukes, chaincasted of course. which again means I fire off a minimum of around 1200 nano on one mob, in the time i get back 191/235 from BHE/PNH. At the current speed teams rush through missions I nuke about 2 mobs, after the 2nd I have to recharge to get my nanopool back on full. Nano stims help, but here is the problem that nano stims lock first aid and you cant use hp stims for 40 secs. With no healer or only backup healers in the team, not a good solution I'd say.

I've never grouped with a NT that asked us to hold up so they could fill their nano.
    I never asked to hold up, and never will. But thats not the point, team with a NT and you'll see that from time to time he will be behind a bit, simply cauz he has to recharge nano after a kill, maybe recharge even twice (which again means 20 secs "downtime"). In that time the team will be one or 2 rooms away, asking where the hell the NT is and what he probably ninja-loots.

If that were really the case, NTs wouldn't be using Novas, Ithacas and X3s.
    No matter how many IPs they spend, Soldiers still can't nuke for 2.5k
    I didnt say that nano is our only ammo anywhere, did I? But to say nano is not ammo for NTs, is as far off as it gets. And seeing Blackmanes posts on the NT forum, with the new NT stuff coming up it will most likely be our only ammo.

Not to turn this into a NT gripe thread, but I would think the ridiculous aggro NTs pull, blackholes and resists would be a bigger issue.
    Maybe, but thats why I wrote its the only gripe I have atm. I cant talk for other NTs, just for myself.

Rav
    Last edited by Ray; Oct 13th, 2002 at 21:12:35.

Look up how to make Emergency Treatment Laboratories at AnarchyArcanum.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I agree with you 100%. Crap like this should be sold to ql200 in shops. There is absolutly zero good reason why it shouldn't!

Packrat me

Hiya, I must admit that since they've upped the chest loot I have packs and packs of rechargers and healthpacks. Feel free to drop me a line, I'm sure I have some to spare.

http://virral.clansupport.com/

Should tell you all you need to know about making your own heal packs.

Ylara