Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Linux - Awesomium

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25206

Login to WineHQ, make an account if you have none.
    Go, vote for this Bug, to be considered for fix.

As this does not only affect the AO penguins'n apples, we have a good chance that there will be a solution arround the corner.

This means, they are already looking into it and if more ppl vote for a fix, it will show its importance.
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    If only AwesomiumProcess.exe is causing the problem, there may be a cheap hack to get around it, with loss of functionality, until a real solution is found...

Edit: nevermind, I see now that the dll is the problem.
    Simply removing/renaming/disabling that .exe indeed does not help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Skyfac, I think you're going to be sorely disappointed, because I think Awesomium uses some function calls that are only in the XP version of kernel32.dll
    Son of a...! I was hoping you weren't right, but I'm not that lucky. Bloody Kernel32.dll error. Tried several workarounds involving wrappers which I'm clueless about. No luck. Looks like I've officially been screwed.

Guess I need to hunt a copy of XP now. Was hoping I could avoid having to pay for a freaking XP key.
    /sigh

don't hold your breath, but I'm currently working on a very dirty fix for linux as we speak, and I'm not sure if it'll work at all :s
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    don't hold your breath, but I'm currently working on a very dirty fix for linux as we speak, and I'm not sure if it'll work at all :s
    Dirty fixes ftw!
    Matmoz - General of BANDA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    "WTB your definition of real pvpers"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    "tab,1234567890;Shift+2,1234567890!!!"

after 8 hours finally got AO startet in wine on bsd. during loading screen got massive attemps from eset (V 3.0.20 - 64bit) and firewall. finally withing 2 mins in game my system closed wine with over 2000 opened files outside wine folder but called by wine. will have a look to log files after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yashimitzu View Post
    after 8 hours finally got AO startet in wine on bsd. during loading screen got massive attemps from eset (V 3.0.20 - 64bit) and firewall. finally withing 2 mins in game my system closed wine with over 2000 opened files outside wine folder but called by wine. will have a look to log files after work.
    Are you using wine-64bit ?

using wine 1.3.7 x86_64

Quote Originally Posted by Skafac View Post
    Son of a...! I was hoping you weren't right, but I'm not that lucky. Bloody Kernel32.dll error. Tried several workarounds involving wrappers which I'm clueless about. No luck. Looks like I've officially been screwed.

Guess I need to hunt a copy of XP now. Was hoping I could avoid having to pay for a freaking XP key.
    /sigh
    XP? Why would you want XP when 7 is so much better O.o
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

updated wine to 1.1.42 with dev/deb and there anarchy loaded with awesomium. had may gl_vertex failures, seems to be not the best idea

updated wine to 1.1.42 with dev/deb and there anarchy loaded with awesomium. had may gl_vertex failures, seems to be not the best idea
    v1.1.42? er, what version would that be? i am on v1.3.7.

*wonders if i should downgrade*
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

tried from 1.0.1 up to 1.3.7 only version which was able to handle these file was 1.1.42. but not the best idea cause gl rendering is not so good :/

Holy Spambatman! Thats what i call dedication.

Lets diff v1.1.42 and 1.1.43/41 to see changes...

Gonna try this and come back with it (downloading sources...)
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    Did you give up?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=584129

--

Failed to boot AO with Wine 1.3.6 on Gentoo, and Cedega engine 7.3.3.

Anything I can do to help other than +1'ing the bug on WineHQ? I'm afraid I'm not enough of a geek to actually code patches or try a fix, but otherwise happy to assist.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

I just built 1.1.42 and didn't see any difference, it still crashes.

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/wi...ldInstructions

http://www.sirikata.com/wiki/index.p...ling_Awesomium

I know it's already been compiled on FC's side but it may give some data on helping getting it working.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

using wine 1.3.7 x86_64
    i tried the 64bit version and have to admit that im using precompiled rpm-packages, but i had no lucky days with the 64bit wine, as it cannot execute 32bit exe's.
    Correct me if im wrong, but i got pretty mutch only trashy results with that, so i settled the 32bit wine, also out of the fusion repos, what runs with a lot of games very very smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post
    i tried the 64bit version and have to admit that im using precompiled rpm-packages, but i had no lucky days with the 64bit wine, as it cannot execute 32bit exe's.
    Correct me if im wrong, but i got pretty mutch only trashy results with that, so i settled the 32bit wine, also out of the fusion repos, what runs with a lot of games very very smooth.
    AFAIK you can have a 64-bit version of Wine, but set it to execute only 32-bit binaries. The other option is setting it to only execute 64-bit binaries.

Apparently you can't make a Wine build that works for both.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

And this happens just after I subscribed for another year. *sigh*

Since no one linked this in here.

*Cross posting*

http://aodevs.com/index.php/topic,852.0.html

*DISCLAIMER*
    I want to point out that neither I or anyone else, it beeing ARK and/or FC is taking any responsible for anything that might happen to your PC(exploding ect.) or AO install or any other issues that using this workaround might create.
    Last edited by Eponyx; Nov 28th, 2010 at 06:22:37.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast