Thread: Couldn't find an answer anywhere else...

Couldn't find an answer anywhere else...

Whenever my brother and I are both connected to Xbox Live, we get disconnected every 15min or so. This happens once every few months or so, for about a week or two. Everything else stays connected perfectly fine (PC connection, phone-line, etc.).

Might I also add that we are on two different routers.

Can anyone help me diagnose/fix this problem?
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Call the 911!
    Thapetowner
    Hardcore
    Ilovetokill
    Critterz
    Awaaa

Are your x-box(es) hooked up to the internet in the same exact way as your PC is? For example, is your PC connected with a hard cable directly to the modem while your xbox is connected with a wireless system?

Also, when you get disconnected, do you both get disconnected at exactly the same time?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

They are all connected via ethernet cable. We both get DC'd at the same time.

I tried to connect both xboxes to the same router and it seems pretty stable for now.
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Have you looked outside?

ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Doesn't microsoft have techsupport for this kinda thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanisthonus View Post
    Doesn't microsoft have techsupport for this kinda thing?
    Pffffffffffffftaaaaahaahahhaa
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

This may have something to do with your NAT (I think that's what it's called) settings on your router. I was having the same issues with my 360 and I had to call up the router company and they walked me through how to set up a bypass so that the Xbox goes around the routers firewall.
    Coordinator Prevention
    Tours & Weddings Team - Community Relations Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Social Guidelines

Yeah, NAT/router is the best bet. Got 3 consoles connected into same modem with cables (one ofc being 360) and the router had some strokes rarely until I cared to fix it. Sometimes it might cut off randomly too, when hard resetting modem might be a good idea. Or it's just random Microsoft jamming. That happens too. TBH it still works way better than PS3 network.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

I have an annoying problem with Need For Speed: World. Is this the right thread?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

the one thing which makes your home networking so much easier: UPnP. This is a protocol which lets devices tell the router/firewall which ports they need to get forwarded.
    There's a PS3 and a XBox connected on this network, no special network setup, and they both work perfectly fine.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

UPnP is nice, if youre only using consoles or other very restricted devices.

UPnP is dangerous if you have something that can run arbitrary code that opens ports on your router.

Of course, if you're careful, its sometimes less of a problem.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I haven't really used any embeded routers for years, as I run a pfsense box (basically a "normal" computer with some software to act as a router/firewall). IIRC, I can define which IPs get to use UPnP or not... I'd be amazed if embeded routers didn't provide this functionality as well.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::