Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: More health for the Atrox, and more nano pool for the Nanomage

More health for the Atrox, and more nano pool for the Nanomage

In 14.6 we do some changes to the two most extreme breeds in Anarchy Online; Atrox and Nanomage.

Atrox will get 1 more point in max health per rank in the Body Development skill.

Nanomage will get 1 more point in max nano pool per rank in the Nano Pool skill.

For reference:

All breeds except Nanomage currently gets 3 extra max health per skill rank. Nanomage gets 2. Atrox will, after 14.6, get 4.

All breeds except Atrox currently gets 3 extra max nano pool per skill rank. Atrox gets 2. Nanomage will, after 14.6, get 4.

Thread open for comments and discussion.

Too quiet

No comments here after 1/2 hour.... lets see.....

Yes, everyone has started their own Whoohooo! threads.

Anyhow good idea. Only MINOR downsides are:

Atrox are gonna need more heals to recover (i can see the docs crying now).
    NTs are gonna demand a bigger HE to refill their bigger nano pool.

Both of which are problems I'm sure they can live with.

Edit: that sounded like a negative comment. It wasn't meant to be.
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.

Ah.... a long waited change

This change is quite logical and should go in... nevermind what side effects there are...
    Those should ofcourse be handled also

BUT.... one small concern..

This change will work just fine at low-mid levels but at higher levels (when everyone have more then enough nano already) when hp is the only thing thats matter.... I think this might tip over the favour to Atrox even for NTs and other heavy nano users... due to the HUGE diff between nanomage hp and atrox hp.

So I hope you compensate the nanomage with something more (esp for the high levels)

BUT regardless of this problem. ! salute you, this is a very logical change nevertheless and it makes the breeds more differentiated. And thats a good thing

how much extra HP for a lvl200 atrox would we be talking about here exactly???

Originally posted by Superblanka
    how much extra HP for a lvl200 atrox would we be talking about here exactly???
    Well, if Atrox are getting 1 extra hitpoint per point in body development, then we're talking about (depending on profession) probably 700-1000 more hitpoints.

/me knits her little nanomage hands greedily when she thinks about all that extra nanopool!

I like the fix, nice edge

/me cuddles Cz

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Hmm... well, I definately like that they do something to improve Atrox and Nanomage. I would prefer an improved HE for nanomages or at least an improved nanodelta. A larger nanopool doesn't do much except to make it possible to stay-in-fight longer. Improved recharge would affect multiple aspects.

For healing classes, this is a huge boost for Nanomages as 1 nano = several hp
    Corianin - TL6 NT - eqp

Ah, long awaited change. Why wasn't this fixed in beta btw?

Aye, good good.

btw, I'm opi. can I get head head somewhat more attached to my neck as my breed bonus?
    Last edited by DaveDread; Oct 11th, 2002 at 13:58:14.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Arrow sounds good

Sounds good, but I agree, a bigger nano-delta for nanomages would also be good and/or better self only HE line for NTs and/or a nanomage only item that boost nano-delta and is obtainable (a small quest maybe?).

Still, nanomage doc should be interesting.

Now to get 14.6 on test and see what happens
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Great change, seems to give the breeds the advantages they were supposed to have.

Now how about making Complete Heal do 15001 to make up for those beefier level 200 Enforcers I have to keep alive?
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

Another act of "breedism" by Funcom ...

Do the devs not play Opis and Solitus???

This is yet another change to the rules of the game that is not needed ..

Yet another slap in the face (after the Ambitious Suit) to Solitus Doctors.

Originally posted by Wambly

Uhmm *laugh*, NOT

Solitus doc had 68 less nano and 700+ more HP then nanomage doc

That's just plain silly since we nanos only got 32 more int then you and way less sta

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Wambly

this isn't actually a change to the rules, in the original game instructions these 2 breeds were supposed to already be like this but weren't. nice to see nanomage finally get something (even though i don't play one)

I support the changes, but I too feel that high-end healing will need to be scaled up to match the new atrox hitpoints.

All complete heal nanos should heal 15000 or 20000 hitpoints on execution, including the adventurer complete heal and alpha & omega. These aren't 'sort of complete heals,' after all.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Letah

Uhmm *laugh*, NOT

Solitus doc had 68 less nano and 700+ more HP then nanomage doc

That's just plain silly since we nanos only got 32 more int then you and way less sta

To use your own argument, Letah, you knew what you were getting into before you made the character.

They are now stealth-gimping Solitus Docs because of the nano-type whinners.
    Nano types already had the vest and shades to more than compensate and now they get a breed boost to boot.

Flat out breedism.

They are now stealth-gimping Solitus Docs because of the nano-type whinners.
    Nano types already had the vest and shades to more than compensate and now they get a breed boost to boot.

Oh yea, there's a vending machine sitting there selling shades and vest for 10 creds, that works for only the nano breed... NOT

Yea, these items are avaliable, but not every single nanomage is going to be able to get them. As a casual player who doesn't have the time to dedicate to a guild, the only way I'm ever going to see these items is either 1) save up the bazillion creds to buy them or 2) get lucky and be standing in the right place when someone quits and gives away everything.

This change is a good one...

Now if we can just make some higher level nano chargers, or stack the ones we get now.......
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Eh, big deal

First of all, it's nice that the Atrox are getting more HP, since they are otherwise generally inferior to Solitus apart from the old support beam which due to its low tech nature is totally ludicrous to even be in the game (not that atrox shouldn't have it, but for heaven's sake come up with some sci-fi renaming of the damn thing, already, why don't you.)

Adding more nano pool to the nanomage breed certainly does no harm.

But please keep in mind:

* HP is far more important than NP, even more so at high level than low level. I'd personally trade off NP for HP at a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. Check out the nanomage population in the database. Just about every last one is using Life implants in preference to anything else that can go in those slots. However many, including me, can do without max nano or nanopool implants.

* Even NTs, the most gluttonous consumers of nano pool, don't generally have real problems with nano pool at high level.

* Nanomage is clearly the most inferior breed.

In other words, I'm saying that adding some more nano pool to nanomage breed is not enough, and I'm also saying that I would happily trade the extra nano pool for HP. I know that's not going to happen, but there should be some other benefit to the breed instead of NP. This has been discussed at great length, and I don't remember a single player post saying that they wanted more nanopool. Instead suggestions like higher nano resistance, more NCU, less chance to be countered, elimination of fumbles, etc. etc. etc. have been constantly suggested.

Please don't let the apparently pleasing symmetry of balancing an Atrox HP bonus with a Nanomage NP bonus distract you from the fact that the Nanomage NP bonus is a very minor and almost unnoticeable benefit added to the weakest breed in the game.

Oh yeah, as regards Opifex, they should perhaps have some new advantage too; the thing that comes to mind offhand is a little higher evades, since they are supposed to be so slippery and agile and all that.... Or maybe a built in don't-critical-me bonnus?
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

bah

I have nothing against Atrox getting more HP and Nanos getting more NP, but what botehres me now as Solitus Soldier, is that if I knew this was/will be the case, I'd never start a Soldier as a solitus over Atrox. Soldier gotta be able to take damage and 700-1000 more HP now for Atrox Soldiers, why wouold anyone bother making solitus. Bah! Fun(not)com, please switch my Solitus to Atrox now!

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast