Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Want to fix tl7 pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1 View Post
    temp fix? that list i posted is what will fix ENDGAME 220 pvp if you want to be precise. i'm not talking about stupid 210 solds with dsharks lol....who cares about that.
    Ohh, so it's a fact eh? No, it is a matter of opinion. If it's yours that the only thing wrong with tl7 pvp are 1hb perks, ai perks, double/triples and the pistol.. cool. Opinions aren't facts though. I'd highly disagree that those are the only wrongs in TL7 pvp.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I didn't know tl7 pvp was broken
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

This thread is a joke and it should be deleted. IMO
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Yep, bringing forward DSharks has the fundamental flaw of this game is a real joke.

5 minute unremoveable debuffs
    80% pistol perks on profs that can get over 3k AR (crats/ranged advs)
    AS pistol on crats/advs/engis
    Ease of kiting melee profs
    Enfs with fears
    Engi pet AR

Are probably the most broken things I see atm in tl7 pvp from my point of view

TBH 80% AR on perks is good.

That should be generalized to all perks.

It's funny to think that addressing 5 specific points gives balance. No, funny isn't the word I want, clueless would be more accurate.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    It's funny to think that addressing 5 specific points gives balance. No, funny isn't the word I want, clueless would be more accurate.
    No, 5 points don't give balance, but it's the view of a player. I'm sure we all have our 5 points.

Rebalance is about fixing the combined 5 points of everybody.

You have assumed it is, but it really isn't. Addressing specific points isn't how things are balanced in this exercise. Maybe as more of the documentation comes out, you will come around to seeing that truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    You have assumed it is, but it really isn't. Addressing specific points isn't how things are balanced in this exercise. Maybe as more of the documentation comes out, you will come around to seeing that truth.
    That's his view of things unbalanced. Even if you don't agree with them, or if I don't agree with them, that's his view, and therefore it's valid.

We all have our views of what is unbalanced.

I don't think you can judge on other people's experience.

He's claiming that fixing those 5 things will give balance. It's obvious to many people playing this game it won't. I'm not in agreement or disagreement with his points. It's irrelevant. It's also irrelevant given that FC isn't balancing like this peicemeal method of picking apart stuff like this thread suggests.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 15th, 2010 at 19:51:54.

Not one mention of CB? It must be balanced after all.

I somehow seem to agree with Obtena. The rebalancing is not about piecemeal changes - and that's a great way of putting it. The tables will turn in an amazingly unpredictable way. How exciting.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dushey View Post
    Not one mention of CB? It must be balanced after all.
    It is !

Oh look

another thread whining for tl7 pvp nerfs. how unique and special.
    Its like everyone's an expert!

Of course we are. Tis is teh intarwebz. Everyones right in here.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Is there anybody on this entire forum that doesn't think the AS-Pistol is particularly retarded?

Is there anybody who is ok with the 1hb/1he alpha as-is?

Does anyone think Doubles/Triples are fine against non-healing professions? While NTs remain super weak against healing professions?

Are AI perks in general a good design? Should they be some of the best perks of a profession?

Wtf Advys? Anyone else agree on this point?

The man isn't as crazy as you all make him out to be, honest. In fact, given the glacial pace of this dev team at actually doing something, this thread is likely to be the best "rebalance" we could get.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Heh, it's not that people are disagreeing with his point but disagreeing that it's the only needed change and that "THIS WILL FIX TL7 PVP". There's really more to it then those 5 points.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Is there anybody on this entire forum that doesn't think the AS-Pistol is particularly retarded?

Is there anybody who is ok with the 1hb/1he alpha as-is?

Does anyone think Doubles/Triples are fine against non-healing professions? While NTs remain super weak against healing professions?

Are AI perks in general a good design? Should they be some of the best perks of a profession?

Wtf Advys? Anyone else agree on this point?

The man isn't as crazy as you all make him out to be, honest. In fact, given the glacial pace of this dev team at actually doing something, this thread is likely to be the best "rebalance" we could get.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Heh, it's not that people are disagreeing with his point but disagreeing that it's the only needed change and that "THIS WILL FIX TL7 PVP". There's really more to it then those 5 points.
    Enlighten all of us with your ideas please.

I don't even think that I can recognize all aspects of balance problem, simply because I don't actively play all professions. Just to humor you, I still think AS is heavily mis balanced in both it's power but also in it's necessity to function for many profs. Another example would be that some professions have zero chance to hurt my doctor - while the doc is unable to do anything to some others. In other news I hear that keepers quite love the current tl7 pvp as well and will totally agree that those 5 points will make their BS experience all the more pleasurable.
    Oh and there are those nano and perk changes documents out already with heavy changes but we can scrap those entirely. After all, these 5 changes will FIX the pvp and everything else is unneeded.

Look, I am not disagreeing with your 5 points. In fact I quite agree on them. Those are your opinion of what's the most wrong and that is cool. Those aren't the only change that is needed for pvp balance. As those may be your top 5 priorities other may have different top 5 priorities and if in the end the top 25 from a compiled list of 14941 different top 5 are adressed... Great!
    Last edited by XenonDe; Oct 17th, 2010 at 17:00:45. Reason: nerf grammer
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast