Page 6 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242556 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else playing minecraft?

Bah I have loads and loads of sandy areas in my world but not a single cactus
    Veteran of Equilibrium

best way to find a cactus is to get a boat and go sailing along some coastline for a bit, every new chunk spawned will have a chance of having some.

boat ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Yep a boat, 5 wood in a U shape in the workbench, then you can go sailing and rapidly cross water while singing "Im on a BOAT!" loudly enough to get the neighbors to complain.

Word of caution, do not attempt to land the boat on the shore at top speed, boat will break leaving you with some sticks and planks.

At reids: shouldn't Bor be more grey instead of all the sand? Well, actually I just watched a screenshot and nvm: the buildings are pretty sandy colored indeed. Though for the floor, and I guess some other things you'll probably want to use stone. Something I only discovered when I already had 3 chests of cobblestone is that you can melt it to normal stone. I believe this normal stone would fit in best for the things you want grey.

To one of wrangleline's older questions: The rocks that are very deep and can't be broken are the bottom of the map. In Classic it's just 1 big flat plane, but in my version of alpha it's randomized.

This seems to bring some danger though: I was digging at the bottom between this kinds of blocks - found some diamonds and gold - when I managed to make a hole in the very bottom of the map. It looked a bit blue (my sister said it was water) and I was afraid to jump in. Eventually curiousness and stupidity made me jump (or was it fall?) in: I was below the whole map and quickly died, losing all my stuff in this big place of Nothing (my diamonds ! ).

Later I started experiencing with redstone circuits and managed to make the double doors of my castle open by stepping on plates in front of the door. They automatically close as well (though if you don't run fast enough you smack your face against the door). To enter you need to press a button instead of using pressure plates.

Eventually I started making zombie (and other mobs) traps. I spend 1 night in the gather point of the trap, but not a single zombie fell in. I think I need to lure them in. Next day I was looking for cacti to add some extra damage to my trap, but something bugged out: at first I/the camera was shocking and I was unable to move. Later the shocking ended, but I was still unable to move. When pressing F5 my character was invisible. Going back to title screen or restarting the game didn't help. Night came and a skeleton shot some arrows through the air that was me (not a single of the 1000 arrows hit me). Skeleton was jumping around and eventually fell in a deep pit nearby. A creeper came, blew up, and still I didn't take damage (I was at a point where I was tired of life and wanted to die). I hope today it will be fixed, but I'm afraid I'll have to start all over .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    At reids: shouldn't Bor be more grey instead of all the sand? Well, actually I just watched a screenshot and nvm: the buildings are pretty sandy colored indeed. Though for the floor, and I guess some other things you'll probably want to use stone.
    Yeah, sands a lot easier to mine than stone though

I'm using gravel instead of sand for the pavementy type parts of bor (the parts found running alongside walls)
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post

I'm using gravel instead of sand for the pavementy type parts of bor (the parts found running alongside walls)
    Well, I've been mining a lot of stone in search for gold/diamonds/iron etc... I think my stone should be plenty.

Update on my situation: I only get a black screen when loading my world now . Guess I need to start a new world.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

EDTA, check out the interwebs. there are some editors that are able to repair savegames...

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Programs_and_Editors

GL
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post

Make a cobble stone factory? Easy enough to do and supplies an endless amount of stone.
    Coordinator Prevention
    Tours & Weddings Team - Community Relations Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Social Guidelines

first time playing the game and the trees will not destroy >.< and I am hitting them with my fist like your suppose to do to begin wif
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    first time playing the game and the trees will not destroy >.< and I am hitting them with my fist like your suppose to do to begin wif
    Target the wood and hold down the mousebutton until the wood breaks.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Prevention View Post
    Make a cobble stone factory? Easy enough to do and supplies an endless amount of stone.
    Howd ya do that?
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

I just made my way down a cave and deep inside I found a cobble-stone wall. The kind of wall you get if you mine normal rock and then place it down on the ground again.

I could hear loads of zombies behind the wall so I mine through it to take a look.

In that dark room behind the cobblestone wall, there was a spawn-cage. It's a cage with fire inside it. It makes zombies spawn. 5 zombies inside the room. If I killed 2 then 2 more spawned.

There was a wooden chest in that room. I opened it and found 2 metal buckets, some iron bars, some string, some harvest (grass looking thing) and one item I can't identify and can't find a use for. I can't place it on a wall or on the ground. I'll edit this post with a screenshot in 2 sec.

Edit: It's the orange middle item. What is it?
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Oct 17th, 2010 at 19:40:57.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

A saddle, you put it on the back of a pig and ride it. really
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Edit: It's the orange middle item. What is it?
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Saddle

edit: nerf, beaten to it!
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Haha, I just tried it. How incredibly goofy

Shame the saddle was lost
    Veteran of Equilibrium

is there a guide towards what all the rocks do? and what they are? i found one with like gold or something in it
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Like AO, the gfx are awful but it can still look incredibly nice every now and again: http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9211/nicer.jpg

About to spend days up there exploring and mining
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

That flattish bit of mountain is just asking for your name to be carved into it. Was about to suggest REIDSWOOD but er... yeah...
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Page 6 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242556 ... LastLast