Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else playing minecraft?

Little tip:

If you alt-tab out of Minecraft, it automatically gets set on pause.
    If you are smelting a stack of 40 iron ore, which takes a while, the game will not pause if you have the furnace window open when you alt-tab out of the game. So you can start the smelting and alt-tab to browse the net while the smelting goes on in the background.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2118/borbsshop.jpg - Shop (Andy/Indys Implants, can't make it out) next to the BS signup in bor
    http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2...shopinside.jpg - The inside

More to come
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

just trying to collect diamond for now... I'm at 31 diamond blocks so far

Check out this guys amazing project
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFaqgSw2WyI

Is my Bor project so far, apologies for the loud music, forgot I had FRAPs set to record sound as well

PS: Yes, i'm using cactuses for terminals
    Last edited by reids; Oct 16th, 2010 at 19:14:43.
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFaqgSw2WyI

Is my Bor project so far, apologies for the loud music, forgot I had FRAPs set to record sound as well :p

PS: Yes, i'm using cactuses for terminals :p
    Not far off :p
    I think the building straight across from the first one needs to be to the right? Dont forget to include BY's so you can run in there from zombie gank!
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Little tip:

If you alt-tab out of Minecraft, it automatically gets set on pause.
    If you are smelting a stack of 40 iron ore, which takes a while, the game will not pause if you have the furnace window open when you alt-tab out of the game. So you can start the smelting and alt-tab to browse the net while the smelting goes on in the background.
    You don't need to be at the furnace to make it smelt stuff.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    You don't need to be at the furnace to make it smelt stuff.
    Yes, but if you are not at the furnace and you alt-tab out of the game, the game gets put on pause and the smelting is paused as well.

However, not having to be at the furnace while it melts is of course also a nice tip.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

its actually any inventory window will prevent it from pausing (workbench, furnace or basic inventory)

Open any of them before tabbing out and your game will keep running, great for skipping those early nights where you have no torches or tools to your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    its actually any inventory window will prevent it from pausing (workbench, furnace or basic inventory)

Open any of them before tabbing out and your game will keep running, great for skipping those early nights where you have no torches or tools to your name.
    ah nice
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Another Rimor screenshot
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

I'd show off the big cavern I uncovered at the end of my intercontinental railway tunnel... but I haven't managed to fully explore it yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Colawrenn View Post
    Not far off
    I think the building straight across from the first one needs to be to the right? Dont forget to include BY's so you can run in there from zombie gank!
    Yeah, it's cos the one in AO is at an angle, and minecraft doesn't do angles too well with everything being square and everything. So some things are a bit off. I've also noticed that the grids too far forward. Will go back and fix that when I get to continuing that area (moving down the street towards FT now)
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Just started and it is kinda fun. Might grow on me more once I get into the crafting, my best escape method just starting is jump and build underneath myself lol. I've been climbing up, building sets of a walkway to a floating island, and then digging back down...and occasionally falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Just started and it is kinda fun. Might grow on me more once I get into the crafting, my best escape method just starting is jump and build underneath myself lol. I've been climbing up, building sets of a walkway to a floating island, and then digging back down...and occasionally falling.
    The sage advise is to never mine straight up or straight down. Don't forget that gravel follows gravity and that lava is silent, both of which can damage you.

I carry around a stack of sand with me where ever I go - makes a great impromptu elevator. It's better than dirt or stone since it also follows gravity so it's easily collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    The sage advise is to never mine straight up or straight down. Don't forget that gravel follows gravity and that lava is silent, both of which can damage you.
    Mind you, it's still possible to dig vertical shafts if you allow yourself room to move around so you're not digging directly under your current position.

I started building a 3x3 shaft down to the bedrock, then turned it into a spiral staircase extending to the surface. It's also mostly glass, so light can reach the depths. (Center square is a glass column, the steps connected to that are glass cubes, and the steps in the corners are stone half-steps. No jumping required to climb, and daylight reaches all the way down to bedrock.)

I've also wandered off in various directions, gotten lost, and started new bases. I've recently connected one nearby base to my original shelter via a long tunnel, and I'm considering doing this with other bases--I may eventually decide to lay down minecart tracks in the tunnels I'm building.

Reids!!!!!!!!!

What are those green things!?!?

You are better at this game than I am because you got green things that I don't have!

Also, wtf kinda music is that?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Reids!!!!!!!!!

Cactus. They only grow in sand from wha I hear.

Also they do damage to players and mobs that run into them, so they can make an interesting line of defense.

Reids!!!!!!!!!

You are better at this game than I am because you got green things that I don't have!

Also, wtf kinda music is that?
    Yes, it's cactus, it grows as well, i chop it down each day (to 1 block) then overnight it grows back. So I have a lot of them

and the music is drum and bass
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232455 ... LastLast