Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253103 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else playing minecraft?

hmpf now i have it... was a bad idea... not the game, it is nice, but the idea that i would need to have it was bad, want to buy 25 hours day

Went to work, came back and:

<3 Rimor
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Ok i played the half night and was too late at work today (Good thing nobody cares about what i am doing here anyways).
    But i have a nice cave now with some paintings, a white ceiling ( thanks to the snow) and a pretty nice waterslide outside which i made of a waterfall and assumed 320+ blocks of sand to get the cool beach park touch, this took me 5 ingame days of work just to build the slide, during the nights i was working on my cave-house...

The game iy fun, mayb i will make a small footage of the waterslide this weekend, wanted to improve if with some glass blocks, because i was crazyenough to build a tunnel in it

The next thing i am up to is creating a spiral staired tower which will hopefully be the highest place in my world so i can check out the world from my home, i don't know yst if i build it free standing or just try to drill it in the mountain my home is in, free standing tower would be epic but harder to make.

play on hakaslak.com

Friendly server, lots of anti-grief protection, lots of players and I'm also an admin

multiplayer is free? if it is, im coming to your server tonight
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

I started on a new world because I got tired of the constant pixel-snow on my screen from my first level.

This new world is really freaky. It's made up of extremely tall grassy pyramids. Except the area where I spawned at, which was at a big beach near the ocean where the sun sets. There's a huge pool of water just behind the beach that I now made into a huge pool. I got sand around 50% of this pool and tiled stone around the other side. There's a tiny island about 25 squares big in the middle where I planted a tree and some flowers and torches in a nice pattern. Looks good at night.
    Built a small house down there for storing boats and such. Basically it's a pretend-hotel-pool area

From there I build a staircase up a grassy hill up to my main home. I'm gonna turn that entire area into a luxury hotel resort.

I've started spelunking now for diamonds and metals and gold and such. It's a bit like lego-Diablo down there

I find a dark cave and make my way inside. I keep going down, planting torches as I go. I go down a loooong way. Hundreds of cubes worth. I find gold and metal. Then I eventually reach lava and I just keep going down. I don't have to tunnel much because these caves just naturally goes downwards. One dark area leading to the next.

Eventually I get down to an area with blocks that can't be destroyed. At least not with the tools I have. Maybe diamond tools can destroy them but I only got 1 diamond so far. I tried TNT on them as well but that just destroyed everything in the area except those blocks. They are black and white.

When I'm done with one such area I move to the next. The latest one I got to took me down very far with lots of enemies to kill. Eventually I got to a huuuge drop. It's pitch black except at the very bottom where I can see a huge pool of lava. My next goal is to carve a route down there to see if I can find more diamonds
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Bah, why explain when I can take screenshots. This is very much a work in progress as I started on this world only yesterday. I'm currently standing on the stairs leading up to my house, looking down at the pool area.
    Edit: Oh and I just noticed, it's 1337 o'clock on that screenshot
    Edit2: I'm gonna make a really tall diving-board I think. Need to dig a bit into the pool to make it deeper.

Last edited by Wrangeline; Oct 15th, 2010 at 12:45:02.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Bah, why explain when I can take screenshots.
    Looking good
    Did you construct any creeper defences? They like blowing stuff up, hehe.
    Last edited by Tshaar; Oct 15th, 2010 at 12:58:18.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Quote Originally Posted by Tshaar View Post
    Looking good
    Did you construct any creeper defenses? They like blowing stuff up, hehe.
    They only explode if they get close to you of course so I just never let that happen
    Also, luckily those things don't spawn in that entire area. Only spiders and zombies. Even they don't spawn down by the pool or such. They just spawn in the areas behind my house way up in the hills. So it's not a problem
    I can easily work on stuff in that entire area during the night because nothing comes to attack me there.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Neosh1 View Post
    multiplayer is free? if it is, im coming to your server tonight
    'Creative' multiplayer is free, but not many people play it due to its limited amount of blocks. 'Alpha' multiplayer is the one you have to buy, but it includes tradeskilling and more features. Our server is Alpha

Finnaly had time to explore a bit...

Wonder what else I'll find
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Funcom employee

Still half-way working on getting an official FC/AO Minecraft server up and running. Been looking into a few possibilities here and there but nothing concrete yet. Soon as I actually have a plan in action, though, I'll definitely be posting it here on the forums.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I think that me liking those screenshot and youtube links comes from the lookalike between Minecraft and Ultima Underworld 2
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Oh, well... One of the major features of UU2 was the ability to have non-right-angled dungeons. UU2 had a much greater immersion due to this (albeit i admit, Minecraft stuffs looks nice
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Still half-way working on getting an official FC/AO Minecraft server up and running. Been looking into a few possibilities here and there but nothing concrete yet. Soon as I actually have a plan in action, though, I'll definitely be posting it here on the forums.
    That would be cool. I would definitely join that.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Well I was gonna go back to work, then read this thread and now i'm gonna play Minecraft again haha.

I've been building a massive tower (started off as the Eiffel tower but that's not gonna work

Screenshot in a minute
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

I played a lot on the free version (Classic). Is a lot of fun: you get infinite blocks of several kinds, can destroy anything instantly, you can't die, you can set a spawn point and warp there at will and get commands to fill or delete big areas at a time. That way you can create much bigger/fancier stuff.
    A few of the things I made:

On a single player map (which you can't save if you play free):
    * The first decent thing I made:

On a freebuild server (Deltablu minecraft server for fun or something):

* Underground-lava-heated-swimming-pool:

(didn't visit it in a few days, so not sure it's still there. You could visit this if you want, but you'll probably need me as guide to find it.

* Something that's supposed to be a sunbathing babe:

(see the mess? That's what freebuild means if not carefully watched. The 'babe' has mostly been destroyed by now.This screeny is merely to show the mess on a lot of freebuild servers: the babe is way to ugly to show )

On a server where I have access to levels without griefers. Sadly that also means you can't visit these unless you get permission from the Operator:

* Sauron's tower:

* Triple falls:

Now I've also played alpha version. That's a lot of fun as well . No screenies yet, but I'm building me a castle instead of the small wooden hut I had.

I got lost on the third day already, quickly build me a mini house when it got dark. I got bored just waiting in there and decided to go for a walk and kill zombies or something. I saw an arrow lying on the floor before me and was like "ooh cool, what's that doing here, lets pick it up. A few seconds later I found myself lying on the floor pierced with several arrows...
    I spend a few days trying to find my stuff back, getting lost over and over again and dying to get back to respawn. Eventually I gave up and decided to simply . Maybe one day I'll find my stuff or the mini house back...

@Kintaii: So now FC is going to stimulate us playing other games?
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Funcom employee

I'm running a private server but this version seem a bit buggy. I find iron and I can't pick it up. Makes me sad. But other than that, most things about this game make me smile.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    I played a lot on the free version (Classic).
    Actually...
    You can't die in the current, alpha version of SMP. HP is one of the most anticipated fixes.
    Some server wrappers allow you to set your /home as well as named warps so travel isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    I'm running a private server but this version seem a bit buggy. I find iron and I can't pick it up. Makes me sad. But other than that, most things about this game make me smile.
    Sounds more like lag then a bug to me. Mining and picking up items works fine in the latest build.
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post

...You both just became even more awesome.

<3
    Kaelde ~ Gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even gimpier than Kaelde

Thingymawhat of Paragon

Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212253103 ... LastLast