Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

guess its not just me then hehe :S

I logged out of Kintaii's server because I had problems with blocks reappearing. Not as bad a s a week or so back, but still causing my tools to wear out faster.

I had the same issue, but with me the blocks would disapear if you waited, not sure if you got same issue or not

just major lag with the server issues, if you destroy it/place it and it undoes itself quickly leave it for a short while and it will then destroy/replace its self again.

Well block lag issues aside, either the server is down again or I'm locked out again after crashing, which again means more lost inventory.

If anyone finds the Temple of the Dawn I built, feel free to design an interior, just don't knock it down, it took a lot of glass to make.

lol yeah i think servers are down, wish kintaii was around but i guess hes not around to tell

Funcom employee

Ask and ye shall receive. ;P

Apparently the recent update is just causing havoc with servers. Notch increased the frequency of chunks saving on the server, which unfortunately means that more world saves = more lag/HD usage. >< Not... really sure what (if *anything*) can be done about it. The joys of being alpha testers, I suppose. ;P

Anyhoo, until this particular issue gets resolved, the server's just going to have some issues. It is, unfortunately, just the nature of the beast. As always, I'll keep you guys informed of any news. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

*Ends summoning of kintaii* thanks for the update

guess you just have to ride the bad really, might be too many chunk saves now, and so might have to be scaled back a slight bit to find a working rate maybe i guess

Well, I get disconnected a LOT more than before, so my crashes could be save related.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Can't play like this, i'm getting disconnected every minute, so I won't be IG again until a new patch.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

... this thread starts to sound very much like a condensed version of anarchy rollout (Its all just a little bit of history repeating...)
    Last edited by Kintaii; Dec 3rd, 2010 at 12:35:57. Reason: Sorry, had to add the approperiate soundtrack. =D
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

bleh server is horrible atm :S

Wow. Completely unplayable right now. Chat is lagged like a full minute and blocks won't break at all. Logging in took so long I thought I had crashed. Not sure entirely what the issue is. I tried a few other smp at random and they didn't have these issues. *shrug*

Funcom employee

Moved to the next post
    Last edited by Kintaii; Dec 4th, 2010 at 16:42:16. Reason: Moved further down the page.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Go go Gadget Gates!
    I think there might some value in designating an area near /spawn that is a gate-hub. I imagine something like a ring of gates that point in the cardinal/ordinal direction of their exits. Think: Obsidian Stonehenge.

Too OCD?

Funcom employee

Nah, was thinking the same basic thing, honestly - Or at least a hub area of some fashion or another. I do wanna try and keep interconnected things on the same networks, at the very least - One for major 'hub' areas on the map, one network for caves, one network for general areas of interest, ect. ect. Its just gonna be *enforcing* that which will be a pain. ;P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Maybe a network that connects protected areas to the spawnpoint?

That way new players can be tourists but you don't give griefers a quick link from the spawnpoint to everything else.

wish you could restrict who could use a particular network, would like to have a personal network that cant be accessed at all, but still good stuff, no one can get to my place unless they walk there or teleport i suppose if they are admin or mod

liking it though

Page 29 of 104 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474879 ... LastLast