Thread: Anyone else playing minecraft?

Kintaii and I built an awesome path from the spawn point to my Boat Shop, torches and stairs and all

its amazing how much you can get done in one day XD

Quote Originally Posted by Colawrenn View Post
    and please for the love of god dont recreate noob island after we've tried so hard to get rid of it.

I now have a purpose. Thank you.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I r very pleased.

I have my main home base near the ocean. I have mined all around that area and ran out of obvious places to look for diamonds and such.

So I made a hell-portal pointed towards the mountains inland. I stepped through and then stepped back out so that I ended up way into the hillsides. I set up a second base here for a mining operation. Then I make a ladder going up to the top of this mountain and make a long track-system down hill so my cart will pick up speed. This track leads to a bridge that is very long and leads all the way back to my main home. Then the track spirals down into the back of my main base where my "bus-terminal" is located.

Once all this was set up, I went back to my secondary base, hoping that there would be something worth mining in that area.

I start mining downwards and find a HUGE cavesystem. The biggest one so far. Every time I think I'm done exploring that cave system, I mine some diamonds and fell into yet another black room. I keep doing this until I have found 28 diamonds, 6 rooms of special cobblestone with spawners and treasure chests in them. And so on. Normally I find 1 spawner-room in a big cave system without having to dig anywhere to find it but this time I found 6 that were all part of the same open cave-system. Which should give you an idea of how big this cave was. I got 64x5 mossy cobble stone and 9 saddles

So now I know I got a perfect place for mining down there.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Nice sandbox simulator, but currently thats not really enough to keep me entertained. Waiting for the patch when they actually add somewhat intresting game in it. Just actually threatening NPC mobs would do.

Something like Zombie outbreak once a week would be nice. All the farm animals turning green and coming in groups after you, not caring about torches or small wooden doors. Real fight for survival.

Also waiting for someone using as much customability with enviroment, and taking it further and actually building a real game with RPG elements around it.

Scary how addictive this game is
    Spend hours exploring caves and mining diamonds.
    Then spend hours building everything I could think of...
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Rimor's new spawnpoint:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaNI29OqAus

I was alone so it almost felt like a myst game
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Well my Atlantis was coming on swimmingly (hurr hurr), then I got that problem again ><
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

That Link skin is awesome, I don't get how to use my character skins though, anyone have the quick and obvious tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    That Link skin is awesome, I don't get how to use my character skins though, anyone have the quick and obvious tutorial
    Find a skin you want and download from here:

http://www.minecraftskins.com/

Goto here:

http://www.minecraft.net/skin/

Upload the skin you got. Login. Sorted.

There is also an Alternate way.

http://www.minecraftskins.com/ - And click the 'Upload' bit. It shuold take you directly to the Mc website and ask if you want to change your skin.
    Last edited by Raggeh; Nov 2nd, 2010 at 23:11:26.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Funcom employee

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=25&t=55700 -- New mod for Minecraft that adds in Ambient Occlusion. Also comes with an option for a mini-map that you can use on SMP servers that have it available (such as mine =D). The AO looks REALLY damn nice - Subtle but highly effective. Really recommend picking this up.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Any word of a fix for me? >_<
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Funcom employee

None yet - Not entirely sure that I'll be able to *get* one. I'm working on one last-ditch effort, though, and I'll let you (and everyone else, since it effects the whole server) know as soon as I have a plan nailed down.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

You should really read signs on Rimor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEfWL7p-0GE
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

<3 v. 0.2.3, multiplayer got music!
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Quote Originally Posted by Tshaar View Post
    You should really read signs on Rimor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEfWL7p-0GE
    this calls for some lava / obsidian bottom
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tshaar View Post
    <3 v. 0.2.3, multiplayer got music!
    Now if only we can find a way to stream music from our computers or from the web into the server. We could stream GSP in minecraft....

Quote Originally Posted by Triadninja View Post
    Now if only we can find a way to stream music from our computers or from the web into the server. We could stream GSP in minecraft....
    I had that the same tough when I first heard the sunset music in smp but it's probably too much to ask considering we don't have half the basic functionalities yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    this calls for some lava / obsidian bottom
    I think he made a revision, too scared to try out

Aaaanyhow, rimor's insanely big again:
    http://rimor.us/map/
    (map's generated automatically ever 24 hours)

Have to move quick before someone loots that pumkin hotspot in the south
    Tshaar Link
    AO TeamSpeak

Quote Originally Posted by Triadninja View Post
    This is *doable*, as far as streaming an IP goes. I don't see it implemented in forever, but it'd be pretty awesome.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

Page 16 of 104 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343566 ... LastLast