Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 8th, 2010 - Pics it did happen

/fridaydrunkbump
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    IF Dean Kamen died EVERYONE would hear about it, the guy's done more to help our every day life than most people know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Kamen
    Clarification: The owner of the Segway company, James Heldstein, died.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    The Mystery looks like a new vehicle
    Its a hat.

Chances are I'm not the only one that noticed this, but character models seem to reflect too much light from the suns. Looks like the lvl 1 and the guard have auras around them.

The solitus head with black hair and the tattoo looks too skinny imo. He has a long face.

Beyond those 2 complaints, good work. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Chances are I'm not the only one that noticed this, but character models seem to reflect too much light from the suns. Looks like the lvl 1 and the guard have auras around them.
    I had the same thought, it really threw me off, but thinkign about it....

What if those are the nanobots reflecting the sunlight!

Wheres the Engi doc?

Wheres the doc detailings the Engi nano changes?

The Engi nano changes, wasn't there supposed to be a doc released today?

Wasn't the doc outlining the changes to the Engi nanos due to be released today?

I'm guessing you just forgot right? You'll be attatching it shortly right?

A mention about the Engi doc would of been nice, even if it was to say that it will be released next week. These walls of silence are more than annoying and a cause for fustration.

Words man, words ....try furnishing us with a few...and save yourself having to read whines like mine.

Apart from that, <3 the BS changes
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigward View Post
    Wheres the Engi doc?

Wasn't the doc outlining the changes to the Engi nanos due to be released today?
    Where did you hear it was to be released today, only thing I could find (though it was a quick search) was the following from a couple of weeks back:
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Engineers are next up. This is likely to take a bit more time as it will involve a general overhaul process of ALL the pets and pet abilities for all professions.
    Nothing about this week, only that they'll take some time.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    /fridaydrunkbump
    /signed
    /s Amen!
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Where did you hear it was to be released today, only thing I could find (though it was a quick search) was the following from a couple of weeks back:
    Wheres the Engi doc?

Neither of these question indicate any expected arrival of the Engi nano doc, not sure why you included them in your quote. They are merely questions to stimulate FC into giving info about said document.

Both of these are rhetorical questions, its evident FC did not give timescales for the release of the document. Again they serve to stimulate a response from FC about timescales for the document.

FC seemed quite able to issue the crat nano changes without the interjection of the mention of work to be done on pets. Why is it not posible for the same to apply to the Engi doc.

FC in my eyes are reknowned for their lack of feedback on these matters, I'm quite sure FC could do themselves a favour if they maybe set some deadlines for the release of said documents. Nobody minds if the timescales don't come to fruition, but it does demonstrate their willing..note WILLING to be open about said matters.

The community is always asking WHEN, WHEN, WHEN...and FC consistantly fails to provide that info.

So, in future before you nitpick a post, maybe you should try to grasp the more sublime meaning behind it.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

So, in future before you nitpick a post, maybe you should try to grasp the more sublime meaning behind it.
    The way you phrased your question implied, to me at least, that you had access to information I was unaware of, I was asking where you got that information, not nitpicking.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    The only question is, who or what will be pulling it?
    Neutrals and froobs....

My wife keeps asking me "where's the engi nano docs?" "When are you gonna get the engi nano docs?" "Why haven't you gotten the engi nano docs?"

So I ask you FC: where's the engi nano docs?
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Mmmm beer
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Oct 8th, 2010 at 23:23:15.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

I like the Screens, but where is the Engi Document?
    Really, speed up the things on rebalancing. I really got set up today as I was sent by a Yuttos into a mission which should be able to be done by yourself. But 1 Vortexx in that mish ate all my bots.... yeah, another whine.... but the defence of my bots just sucks. And yes, I know trimmers.
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

the mystery model looks like a longhorn trophy on a parachute... \m/
    Silentsnipr3 220/27/69 Martial Artist Equip
    Behehe 220/30/69 Enforcer Equip
    Barbqq 170/11 NT
    Flurryofcutz 166/17 Advy

Proud General of Shadowmercs

Head on the far left looks like it's been impaled. Am the only one who has seen the NANOMAGE IMPALO-GENOCIDE?!
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Mmmm beer
    The cause of and solution to all life's problems
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Could have picked something that didn't show years of work that looked like the orginal engine with a bloom filter. Although there was probably a reason behind this decision!

Regarding the sky images my feelings are the same as the light source images provided some time back, that is how it seems a bit extreme. If we see that at certain times, places and angles now and then, I guess it's ok. Although if it's like that full time most everywhere then if that effect can be turned off, I most certainly will. Too much of anything can be a bad thing.

The new heads are good but seeing more heads is getting rather old, seeing the new bodies would be a nice change of pace though. Only bad thing I could say about them is that the ears of the Opi could stand to be a bit pointier in my opinion.

While the new engine is of interest to me along with the geometry fixes that are busily being documented for hopeful correction, the rebalance interests me far more. The new engine and adjustments coming with it will make AO look at least somewhat better, although as others have said we don't play AO for the graphics. Providing documents on currently intended adjustments are nice, but some sort of general gauge as to where you are in that project content wise would be helpful too. That wouldn't necessarily give one a clear idea as to when it will be done, but does show how much as been worked out for at least the first complete all together run of it. Only when one can see it all together and can actually try it will one get a proper picture of things. Which means after that there will no doubt be plenty more adjustments to make that could take a long time to sort out.

TL;DR

New mystery looks a LOT like the Borealis Radar.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast