Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    Backstab, sneak, dimach is quite a large hole opener... that's not including other damage perks.
    How much damage do you expect to do while trying to do this in the discussed situation ?
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Dude, seriously... while you're capping ( you cant move or perk) even a shade without MR can STILL kill you. If they have stun procs (not necessary but nice to have) then even doubly so. Backstab, sneak, dimach is quite a large hole opener... that's not including other damage perks.

</rant on> Its not common to survive a single BS without dying, even for the best of the best. Its far more plausible to me, that you've experienced a situation that you feel needs to be changed, surely... but you're going after the wrong unicorn. I've seen way too many ridiculous threads complaining about MR, when most of the time.. people saw an Atrox beating the **** out of them, and just assumed it HAD to be MR (after all, lovechildren are supposed to live forever, amirite?). Because every PVP noob that PL's a (insert X evade prof here), feels that all atroxes come with MR built in or something. And, since the hype around MR is far more OP than MR itself, the cacophony of idiocy espousing that it is the absolute for sure LOLWIN pvp button in the world, the real PVP masters will tell you, its - COMPLETELY - unecessary. In fact, its ridiculously easy to kill MR noobs when they are in recharge. </rant off>
    I agree with everything, except that the capping target most likely dont have anyone attacked so u cant backstab, or hes got u attacked so u still cant backstab

But remove MR, they'll always find something else to whine about, and then notice that MR wasn't the big factor they thought it was.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Dude, seriously... while you're capping ( you cant move or perk) even a shade without MR can STILL kill you. If they have stun procs (not necessary but nice to have) then even doubly so. Backstab, sneak, dimach is quite a large hole opener... that's not including other damage perks.
    1. To get backstab to work, target has to be fighting someone else...

2. Shade dimach is not like normal dimach..it`s a weak dmg and a tiny heal

3. Sneak attack can cap, but has a 40 sec recharge

Just figured I let you know.

^^ I don't see any of that invalidating what Towerblock has said so ... thanks for the info I guess. If a shade can't kill someone who is 1. not attacking them, 2. significantly limited in defense while capping and 3. on the shades advantage for timing and position ... well, that's a huge shade fail IMO.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 5th, 2010 at 18:15:34.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    But remove MR, they'll always find something else to whine about, and then notice that MR wasn't the big factor they thought it was.
    Explain how you kill a fixer without MR? Assuming the fixer is kiting ofc.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^^ I don't see any of that invalidating what Towerblock has said so ... thanks for the info I guess. If a shade can't kill someone who is 1. not attacking them, 2. significantly limited in defense while capping and 3. on the shades advantage for timing and position ... well, that's a huge shade fail IMO.
    as an enf, try running up to an ma that is capping a point, hitting q, sneak attack and fast attack ONLY and see how far that gets you. huge fail too.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    as an enf, try running up to an ma that is capping a point, hitting q, sneak attack and fast attack ONLY and see how far that gets you. huge fail too.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    What does that have to do with shades ganking evades classes that are capping?

What does that have to do with shades ganking evades classes that are capping?
    Shades aren`t ganking anything they can`t perk. It`s not that hard to understand.

As has been pointed out sneak attack is the only special here that is going to cap, your not getting backstab off unless the guy is holding aggro on an apt or something and to top it off shade dimach isnt going to do THAT much dmg to begin with. Further more because the shade is attacking me in melee sneak attack alone will interupt the cast allowing me to fight back normaly in whatever way i choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    Shades aren`t ganking anything they can`t perk. It`s not that hard to understand.
    annnd this. Currently if i pop dof and limber before I cap a point chances are a shade (or agent for that matter) isnt going to be perking me (ive heard capping like this is getting nerfed but still) but with MR the gank becomes a simple matter of 12345 +1 solo kill.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Explain how you kill a fixer without MR? Assuming the fixer is kiting ofc.
    A shade cant, atleast not alone, because the fixer will root u and run away or meep once he gets low on HP. Not that 40s SA and Fast Attack will kill a fixer alone before he's either chew'd ur hp trough with 11s AS and .. 14-15s FA? dunno what they can get now + burst, and prolly landed PO sometime or another. Shade vs. Fixer is just as retarded as it can get.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

MR can be abused in some small situations but it's still not overpowered.

Saying MR is over powered while you are capping a point in battle station (where you cant move, cast nanos, etc) is hardly reason to get rid of MR.

You can circumvent MR easily if you arent an idiot most of the time.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Saying MR is over powered while you are capping a point in battle station (where you cant move, cast nanos, etc) is hardly reason to get rid of MR.
    Its just one example, there are plenty of ways to abuse mr's benifits by combining it with things like root graphs, stuns, and snare's. Two of those you dont even need if you dont happen to be melee. Fact is that MR lets you perk prety much any thing and every thing. An evade proffs survivability relies almost exclusivly around the idea of not getting hit often and not getting perked at all. The second you can perk an evader they are pretty much dead and thats what mr does, it compleatly and utterly destroies evaders because of how incredibly easy it becomes to perk them with it up.

TLDR MR is basicaly an Iwin button vs evaders and if nothing else in the rebal we should be striving to get rid of Iwin buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Currently if i pop dof and limber before I cap a point chances are a shade (or agent for that matter) isnt going to be perking me (ive heard capping like this is getting nerfed but still) but with MR the gank becomes a simple matter of 12345 +1 solo kill.
    This is true. While capping MR is OP because you cant move, perk, rootgraft, heal or anything. But in a normal situation you can, as Marinegent is saying, avoid it quite easily because MoR isnt always up, hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    Wait, so enfos that can't perk MA's capping has something to do with Shades that can't perk? Maybe you should go back a few posts and follow the conversation.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 6th, 2010 at 14:05:30.

So if MR gets lowered to +750 AR, it equals to "REMOVED" ?
    Oh please, give me some rest.

Everyone knows MR is fairly easy to avoid when you EXPECT it, the only change to it should assure that totally FULL DEF toons should not be hitting the AR of ~4k+ even every 2 minutes. You can't deny that is retarded - I see no problem cutting it down to 750 or even lower would NOT nulify its power so badly, but would help a bit. It's just a bad design to go with. General breed perks should not be prof defining really.

PS: Where is my 1500 AAD perk for opi and 1500 NR perk for nm ? ( not like its comparable to 1.5k AR tho.. :P )

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by flaminbull View Post
    PS: Where is my 1500 AAD perk for opi
    Bumped.

Wait, so enfos that can't perk MA's capping has something to do with Shades that can't perk? Maybe you should go back a few posts and follow the conversation.
    Im here to help.. (lol)

^^ read my posts (and others) (LOL)

But they are obvious flame baits.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast