Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Would say one of crats major defenses would be their CC, deinits can do a lot for survivability
    CC being nerfed from today's useage, deinits going bye bye for crats if I hear correctly (in favor of DD options).

roots and snares are yes, though we still don't have the full picture, hopefully they wont be as bad as they look in the end if free movements get nerfed (though that will make fixers being able to summon them pointless so they loose toolsetwise either way

Of course crats have the advantage of access to all 4 lines, aoe snares, aoe roots, single snares, single roots. Plus fears.

but crat deinits aren't changing so much.

Their malaise's are getting increased debuff with the removal of all the little ones on top of that (I think a slight reduction in how much can be debuffed in total but only around 200ish below UBT) and their secondary deinit is a chance to do deinit with chances to do other debuffs instead.

Probably the biggest nerf would be them probably being put in the same line as doc ones and thus removable, but thats not a massive nerf as we all know ubt is still a pain in the ass.

And of course calms still last for 10 minutes and give -2k+ inits, so if you hit someone with them then leave them with no way to break em it could still work to a point.

Plus crats are apparently getting a new defence according to their professional so their reliance on AAD probably wont be as much as say a fixer or a shade. Which to be honest I always found rather annoying, pet classes getting the same/better defense than the other classes core defences always bugged me, same way as their damage being able to equal or beat other classes before adding in pets
    Last edited by Xenotric; Dec 4th, 2010 at 10:36:14.

roots and snares are yes, though we still don't have the full picture, hopefully they wont be as bad as they look in the end if free movements get nerfed (though that will make fixers being able to summon them pointless so they loose toolsetwise either way

but crat deinits aren't changing so much.

Their malaise's are getting increased debuff with the removal of all the little ones on top of that (I think a slight reduction in how much can be debuffed in total but only around 200ish below UBT) and their secondary deinit is a chance to do deinit with chances to do other debuffs instead.

Probably the biggest nerf would be them probably being put in the same line as doc ones and thus removable, but thats not a massive nerf as we all know ubt is still a pain in the ass.

And of course calms still last for 10 minutes and give -2k+ inits, so if you hit someone with them then leave them with no way to break em it could still work to a point.

Plus crats are apparently getting a new defence according to their professional so their reliance on AAD probably wont be as much as say a fixer or a shade.
    Malaise is gaining about 200 int debuffs.

We are losing -250 from normalised. -400 from nanite. the -250 from improved is now on random roll, and only last 18 seconds iirc. our -600 nuke seems to be going as well.

this still has nothing to do with negating the damage we would receive by being perkable.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Nope wont protect against perks but then very few defences actually protect against everything, absorbs/high hp/reflects being the only real ones.

Also while you do loose a bit the question is, will it really have that much of an effect? Your single line is almost on par with UBT which has been more then enough of an effect for years.

For against perks you still have a high AAD and nano resist buffs, fears and increased stun usability (them now being on nukes rather than a random line themselves).

Plus what ever the new defence will be.

Mongo rage will still be nasty vs crats but not on the same level as it would be for those that only have evades and just evades, no nano resist or major combat reducing debuffs.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Dec 4th, 2010 at 10:49:51.

There are other classes in this game that have a lot less evades and options to deal with MR than crats regardless, so why keep bringing them up? Either way MR is still retardedly stupid as idea in the first place and even more as a breed perk.

raise MR to +2500 ar and remove debuff plox
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Nope wont protect against perks but then very few defences actually protect against everything, absorbs/high hp/reflects being the only real ones.

Also while you do loose a bit the question is, will it really have that much of an effect? Your single line is almost on par with UBT which has been more then enough of an effect for years.

For against perks you still have a high AAD and nano resist buffs, fears and increased stun usability (them now being on nukes rather than a random line themselves).

Plus what ever the new defence will be.

Mongo rage will still be nasty vs crats but not on the same level as it would be for those that only have evades and just evades, no nano resist or major combat reducing debuffs.
    I dunno mate. It looks like your are quietly and calmly trying to support the destruction of crats.

If defenses change in that "what can be an effective defense" crats may stand a chance. AAD means nothing unless its over 5k with shuffle and ES. Crats have no evades, or NR or shields and AAD mitigates nothing with AR on several profs breaching static 3k. Those same profs have defenses too. Soldiers have their reflects, enfos have their rage, advies have their GM gods to watch over them and perpetute their OPness, NTs have NS2 and NR, MAs have stuns, shades have drains, engies have reflects and blockers....

Crats, like MPs have no effective defense.

Crat can init debuff....... if they land...... and they dont regularly...... and AAD which has to be perked into like 5k for a few secs to be effective.

Anyway, the new stuff look OK. What remains to be seen is if the mechanics remain the same. If they do crats are screwed.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by mcnurja View Post
    raise MR to +2500 ar and remove debuff plox
    Bump. It's the only sensible change tbh.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

bump to improve mongo rage!
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

No. For a list of reasons I've already explained.

Fix evade stat inflation, remove the need for MR, fix the root of the problem, not make a bandaid bigger.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    No. For a list of reasons I've already explained.

Fix evade stat inflation, remove the need for MR, fix the root of the problem, not make a bandaid bigger.
    agreed. just lower evades across the board.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Bump

*droolz*
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Bump because evaders shouldn't evade.
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Bump because evaders shouldn't evade.
    Bump because evaders shouldn't always evade maximum AR professions without using MR.

Bump because no profession should be completely reliant on a single type of defense.

Bump because MR is stupid beyond belief.

Bump because lowering evades isn't the only, or even the best, solution.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Bump because MR is stupid beyond belief.
    Amen, brotha.

WTB RK's merge so rk2 can teach rk1 how the game works !!!

MR is bad only when it comes with 2-3 ++ stuns. that's it.
    Lol at all these rk1 crats badmouthing MR, OH NOES !! SOMETHING CAN KILL YOU !!! NOOOOOoooooOOOooooooooooo oo oo o o o

are you implying crats do not die?
    Secretly Clan

^^, not as much as yours apprently. and not as much from OMG MONGO RAGE ( only ).

Crats aren't the only thing affected by MR

It's retarded to have one perk that can bypass all your defenses, end of story.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast