Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Well, it certainly is sensational because MR being effective has alot of other factors dependent on it like timing and placement, whereas choosing opifex breed perk for extra evades is a permanent buff (if you are referring to the new documentation). How you even compare the two in isolation of any other effects is rather dumb. There are lots of things that balance out either of the sides and you decided to ignore them ALL. You make it sound like someone hits MR every second and all evaders just drop dead. I think we all have the relevant experience to know the reality of the situation. So yeah, being sensational isn't 'tricking' anyone in the know to buy into what you are saying. I mean, if you want to sell your ideas to fools, your doing a great job. If you want to sell it to FC, you better try harder.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 8th, 2010 at 05:42:17.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Well, it certainly is sensational because MR being effective has alot of other factors dependent on it like timing and placement, whereas choosing opifex breed perk for extra evades is a permanent buff (if you are referring to the new documentation). How you even compare the two in isolation of any other effects is rather dumb. There are lots of things that balance out either of the sides and you decided to ignore them ALL. You make it sound like someone hits MR every second and all evaders just drop dead. I think we all have the relevant experience to know the reality of the situation. So yeah, being sensational isn't 'tricking' anyone in the know to buy into what you are saying. I mean, if you want to sell your ideas to fools, your doing a great job. If you want to sell it to FC, you better try harder.
    Yes, someone pushes MR and an evader dies. Or at least they will with the keybind system on test.

But go ahead, say something about how it must be perfectly intended because FC made it that way.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Are you people really trying to say that the only defense evade professions have are evades?

Advy has coon and heals.
    Fixer has roots/snares and a stun perk. And are still unperkable to almost any perk even with MR up.
    crat has roots/snares/calms/stuns and init debuffs, as well as a 5k absorb.
    Shades have cocoon and CIB (which will negate any MR user's advantage)
    MA's have heals, stuns, init debuffs, and CIB - again.. will negate any chance of being perked by MR.

Just use your toolset to defend. Heal, stun, debuff, root and move out of LOS or out of melee range. There are many ways to circumvent it. There is also a drawback to using MR. As long as it maintains the 20 second draw back, it is not over powered. If the duration was any longer, or the drawback vanished, I would say it could be arguably OP'd.

However, 10 seconds with a 20 second HEAVY drawback is not op'ed. Most evade professions can find a way to live for 10 seconds against a player potentially perking them.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

All crats got a 5k absorb now?
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

please explain how to dodge queued up perks, as soon as MR is activated all perks are queued before you can CIB, rooting makes no difference, nor does stuns, or LoS.

what is this heavy draw back ? a 1k snare doesnt really matter target is dead, laughable dot not gonna kill you and neither are remains, and a little AR debuff which is LESS then the actual buff of the perk, which also doesnt matter as target is dead.

This is all assuming the person using MR is a competant player. enough of looking at it from a noobs perspective. who apparntly dont know how to get in range or queue perks, LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrazy View Post
    All crats got a 5k absorb now?
    Take the bullet, which is being nerfed in rebalance, and gives crat's a 30sec nsd and kills their pet, which means its a mad dash for a backyard and not actually an active defense in mass pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Are you people really trying to say that the only defense evade professions have are evades?

Advy has coon and heals.
    Fixer has roots/snares and a stun perk. And are still unperkable to almost any perk even with MR up.
    crat has roots/snares/calms/stuns and init debuffs, as well as a 5k absorb.
    Shades have cocoon and CIB (which will negate any MR user's advantage)
    MA's have heals, stuns, init debuffs, and CIB - again.. will negate any chance of being perked by MR.

Just use your toolset to defend. Heal, stun, debuff, root and move out of LOS or out of melee range. There are many ways to circumvent it. There is also a drawback to using MR. As long as it maintains the 20 second draw back, it is not over powered. If the duration was any longer, or the drawback vanished, I would say it could be arguably OP'd.

However, 10 seconds with a 20 second HEAVY drawback is not op'ed. Most evade professions can find a way to live for 10 seconds against a player potentially perking them.
    MR, new key binds, defenseless. I've tested it on test already. It's silly indeed.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

If the duration was any longer, or the drawback vanished, I would say it could be arguably OP'd.
    However, 10 seconds with a 20 second HEAVY drawback is not op'ed.
    Post-balance perk documentation clearly states that MR will get ALL drawbacks removed. Just saying.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Post-balance perk documentation clearly states that MR will get ALL drawbacks removed. Just saying.
    Thats assumming "Affected by Mongo Fury" lasts for the full duration of the Fury buff, which probably won't be the case.

If such was indeed the case, MR would prolly just be delayed by 1s : MF can be operative "only" 50% of the time, so there's no reason to trigger it out of the blue. MF would be saved as a prequel to MR.
    But ok, let's put it this way :
    MR gets ALL his former drawbacks removed and replaced by a 1s first step perk.

Even if we put it this way, it still looks like a buff to MR, doesn't it?
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    If such was indeed the case, MR would prolly just be delayed by 1s : MF can be operative "only" 50% of the time, so there's no reason to trigger it out of the blue. MF would be saved as a prequel to MR.
    But ok, let's put it this way :
    MR gets ALL his former drawbacks removed and replaced by a 1s first step perk.

Even if we put it this way, it still looks like a buff to MR, doesn't it?
    the main reason MR is so effective is that there is no time for the defender to react fast enough to stop an attacker queing perks the instant MR finishes executing.

with the prerequisite of MF before MR, the defender gets a minimum 3 seconds warning that MR could be incoming and can "do something" to defend against the boosted attack rating.

Just use your toolset to defend.
    Use your brain to realise that those 'defenses' are on a 10 min recharge and as well as learn to queue up your perks before they can use CiB and use motr so you'll be unstunnable and unrootable and unsnareable next time k?

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    But go ahead, say something about how it must be perfectly intended because FC made it that way.
    It's a rare instance where FC implements something they didn't intend to ... so yeah. THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    the main reason MR is so effective is that there is no time for the defender to react fast enough to stop an attacker queing perks the instant MR finishes executing.

with the prerequisite of MF before MR, the defender gets a minimum 3 seconds warning that MR could be incoming and can "do something" to defend against the boosted attack rating.
    The "nowadays" MR already has a 3s attack time. So this is not changing.
    As a sidenote, the "Affected by mongo rage" lasts atm 10s, like the actual effect. So the odds are good that Mongo fury will have a 60s long "affected by" side effect. In that case, triggering MF can't even be considered a delay of MR.

Even if MF has a side effect shorter than the damage buff itself, 1s delay can hardly be considered as a surrogate drawback of MR. Actually, if the side effect is not extra-short, it can even be an advantage to hit MF, panic the opponent into using his short term defence expecting a MR alpha, but unleash MR+alpha only when the defence is about to go down.

All in all, there's no place for an arguement. MR is getting a boost from rebalancing.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

It's a rare instance where FC implements something they didn't intend to ... so yeah. THIS.
    Lol, ignorance is bliss. Keep thinking that Dev's don't make mistakes though, you must be in heaven by now.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I didn't say they don't make mistakes (I'm glad you are back to telling me things I haven't said again ). I just said they don't put things into the game they don't intend to put in ... that should go without saying but for you, being explicit seems to be a requirement. It's irrelevant if it's right or wrong, a mistake or the greatest idea ever. It just IS and if you want it removed or changed, you need more compelling reasons than "OMG, this can't be a breed perk" or "WOW, this shouldn't work as intended".

It gives AAO to overcome evades ... get over it. If that wasn't it's purpose, it just wouldn't be in the game at all. The fact that it exists makes it clear that YES, it's intended to do that and FC are the ones that intended it. That's not even an argument, it's just mechanical, arithmetic, 1+1=2 kind of stuff.

It's funny you label it as a mistake. Do you INTEND to make specific mistakes? How does it make sense that FC intentionally introduced a perk with only one very specific and intentional function that works and therefore you conclude it's a mistake? OK, maybe you don't LIKE it or feel there could be some things different about it, but that in no way means it's a mistake that it exists and does what it's intended to do.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 8th, 2010 at 17:20:14.

I didn't say they don't make mistakes. I just said they don't put things into the game they don't intend to put in ... that should go without saying but for you, being explicit seems to be a requirement. It's irrelevant if it's right or wrong, a mistake or the greatest idea ever. It just IS and if you want it removed or changed, you need more compelling reasons than "OMG, this can't be a breed perk" or "WOW, this shouldn't work as intended".

It gives AAO to overcome evades ... get over it. If that wasn't it's purpose, it just wouldn't be in the game at all. The fact that it exists makes it clear that YES, it's intended to do that and FC are the ones that intended it. That's not even an argument, it's just mechanical, arithmetic, 1+1=2 kind of stuff.
    you mean like all the int debuffs they gave to crats after le/xan and are now taking away? or stun procs? yeah, funcom never makes mistakes.
    Secretly Clan

snip
    Just because they intended it to do something means it shouldn't be removed?

lol
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    you mean like all the int debuffs they gave to crats after le/xan and are now taking away? or stun procs? yeah, funcom never makes mistakes.
    FC intended those things so they made it in the game. That doesn't change anything I've said. The only thing you point out is that there are instances where FC makes mistakes and they correct it. What do you think that means when you see IMPROVEMENTS to MR in the new perk documentation instead of it's corrective nerf? FC is just delaying to fix the MR 'mistake' they made until after re-balance because they are especailly fond of the QQ your making? They are so out of tune with the PVP pulse of the game that they haven't realized how broken MR is?

Let me pre-emptive your response ... it's OBVIOUS that FC is not intouch with the PVP in this game because things like MR exist right? That's a nice sentiment but You have already shown that if you can convince FC that things are wrong, they will correct them. DO you think arguments like "It's a breed perk" and "MR works so nerf it" are the way to do it? It's already clear that FC intends for MR to work, so that's a really stupid argument to make for it's removal. Breed perk? That's no reason to nerf it to oblivion. It will still be a breed perk and I don't think FC are really that dumb. FC are adding significant breed perks to the other breeds as well, so it's also nonsensical to argue for it's removal or nerf based on it's comparison to proposed equivalents that ... don't exist. Seriously, if MR has a reason for a legit nerf, just say it. Don't grasp at straws with nonsensical reasoning.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 8th, 2010 at 17:57:27.

IT's pretty clear the people in favor of MR are going to remain that way.

The people against MR, are going to remain that way. This discussion is pointless because not a single person is hearing anything anyone else has to say.

Lock the damn thread already.

Anarchy Online Syndrome - The entire player base becomes selfish in every single aspect of their own characters, anything that even comes relatively close to being a nerf is heavily rallied against, and all players feel it is their responsibility to downplay their own professions as much as possible in a constant battle to try and become as OP as adv's.

edit : Also, I really hope the dev's/game director can see through this BS. But my hopes are not very high when you consider the GD didnt know an AI raid took 4 players to get a ship (speaks volumes about his actual in-game knowledge), it feels as if most dev's hardly understand PvP, and almost* all of the elected "professionals" are tards themselves who exceed at the anarchy online syndrome.
    Last edited by Marinegent; Nov 8th, 2010 at 18:51:38.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

theres no syndrome. every breed can kill an evader class, this is a fact. theres no need for such a broken 1500ar perk. if funcom deems it necesarry it needs a nerf, not a boost. any real pvp'er knows the mechanics of perks and how it can be manipulated. want an example? heres one for an enforcer

hit the new breed perk, que bioshield,coon,rejuvanation, any self using perks, and then hit mongo rage. the other perks will execute first, bying several viable seconds off an evade classes perk, and than que'ing attack perks. welcome to ao pvp
    Secretly Clan

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast