Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massively.com Interviews Means!

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post
    EVEaaaaaaaaaaaaNTS !

yeah
    "Anarchy Online has influenced the development of pretty much all MMO products that have been made since and likely many more that are still to come."

Indeed.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

yeah, the most influence they have on other MMO is 'make sure we don't launch like AO back then'
    Last edited by omegahealer; Sep 25th, 2010 at 11:33:12.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    yeah, the most influence they has on other MMO is 'make sure we don't launch like AO back then'
    Didn't AO somewhat pioneer in instancing? Dunno, maybe some other things too ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

i've had a little list of those things written down a few years ago, when i managed to convince a teacher to be able to discuss my favourite game in class for grades
    (was an awesome teacher, i passed my english exam by talking about Prophet without honour).

Maybe i should look it back up
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Didn't AO somewhat pioneer in instancing? Dunno, maybe some other things too ;D
    instancing, and random mish generating are the main two i'm aware of. cant remember the other stuff.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

*rawr*

Cool interview! Engine Beta this year? Sounds really cool!
    Seems like things are going very well.

*rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    instancing, and random mish generating are the main two i'm aware of. cant remember the other stuff.
    I don't know if AO was the pioneer but, on wow latest patch notes:

User Interface
    * Chat Frame
    o Players can now right-click on any chat type (Whisper, Trade, General, Party, Raid, etc.) and choose to move conversation types into separate windows. This will move that chat type to a separate tab in the Chat frame which can be undocked and moved anywhere on the screen.
    :P
    blah

Oh, something else coming with their next expansion:

# Many of the yellow System Messages that would display in the chat frame when leveling up have been removed.
    # New text animations now alert players as they level up, also providing information on when new talents, spells and abilities are available.
    Which AO added with Lost Eden. I bet we can find many other small things like that.
    blah

the thing is, that Aos Chatsystem although it may be old, is still better than most of the other MMOs, so the others should look more into it hehe.

Wasn´t AO the first MMO that allowed Flying? i´m pretty sure i´ve read this either in this interview or in the AO story on the page last week.

What WoW didn't have those?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    the thing is, that Aos Chatsystem although it may be old, is still better than most of the other MMOs, so the others should look more into it hehe.

Wasn´t AO the first MMO that allowed Flying? i´m pretty sure i´ve read this either in this interview or in the AO story on the page last week.
    I really like the AO chatsystem for including html stuff. We have quite a lot of freedom, plus you can click channels and names. One of the few non dated things in ao that kept improving.

That said, ingame color picker for the channels plz?

But I believe the interface really need a larger central text (like the pvp countdown) but important stuff like 'can't use this nano' or 'Target resisted', also flying numbers and text in a more visible fashion (and no teamates damage!), and flashes on available skills on the toolbar. I think we're spending too much time staring on our system spam window.

Edit: Wow chat was really barebones, they just looked at what interface mods were used the most and took them to bundle it in their default one. There was barely any info at first.
    Last edited by boltgun; Sep 27th, 2010 at 15:33:21.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

AO had a lot of firsts, it was the 3rd MMO ever, after all.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    AO had a lot of firsts, it was the 3rd MMO ever, after all.
    Not realy, there were lot of MMORPGs before AO. Maybe fourth 3D one, if even that...

Maybe not the 3rd but AO is one of the first MMORPG of the current generation. UO, T4C, etc are also MMORPG but quite different.

You know like Articfox was the real first FPS but it's not what started the genre of the current FPS.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Maybe not the 3rd but AO is one of the first MMORPG of the current generation. UO, T4C, etc are also MMORPG but quite different.

You know like Articfox was the real first FPS but it's not what started the genre of the current FPS.
    First of second gen, after UO, EQ and AC. Atleast by some people...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Not realy, there were lot of MMORPGs before AO. Maybe fourth 3D one, if even that...
    Oh yes, let's count MUDs and other things like that. Or let's not, because they're not really the same thing.
    AO would be the 3rd 3D graphical MMO and at the time also the prettiest game of the few that existed.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Sep 28th, 2010 at 13:42:47.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    Wow, new engine beta this year! Cool!
    If they say this year, well if history tells us anything at all, add on a couple years.
    One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
    -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    Wow, new engine beta this year! Cool!
    Of course beta doesn't imply public beta.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Unfortunately only brown nosers on forum will get invite to test engine. Meanwhile 100s of people waiting eagerly to try it will miss out.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Do you really think that all of the people out there, eagerly awaiting the new engine, would benefit from trying an unfinished product, which could crash at any time? Closed betas exist for a reason you know...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast