Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Means, give us direction.

Means, give us direction.

Means, the forums is a mess. We have this avenue for expressing our opinions and ideals, generally with the intent of benefitting the game, but are we helping you and your staff as much as we could? The forums, despite the constant flames and misinformation, do contain the single greatest collection of Anarchy Online experts at your disposal, if only you gave us a set task to help you.

Posting an excel documentation and letting us make 20 threads for a large variety of input on the changes may be helping you, but I am sure we could be doing more. Give us, your playerbase of devotees, clear directions and requests for posts you would like to see. Rather than stumbling on one good post out of every hundred, you can tell us what you need and we will help you. If you want to know the damage capabilities of professions in a particular setup to the decimal, the time a tank can last in a certain team to the last second, or how players are making the most out of one setup over another, all you have to do is ask us.

I know I should not speak for the entire forums like this, but I honestly believe that anyone still here is like me, and deep down inside through all successful or failed intentions with their threads wants to help. Rather than wasting our time on frivilous debates that will not make Anarchy Online a state we can all enjoy again, utilize us as the best tool for any company that can only be described as overworked and understaffed.

This is your first volunteer signing up.

hear hear. 2nd volunteer.

Run to the left isn't a direction?

This thread is going places.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Theres quite a bit of a patronizing tone in threads like this.

I think Means & Gang are smart people, if they need that sort of input, they'd ask for it but not wait for you to offer it. Maybe they've already done so, ingame on live or test server...
    ಠ_ಠ

Means, let me help you to do what I want.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

MP expert at your disposal.

Now... About that double AS Tigress...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    Theres quite a bit of a patronizing tone in threads like this.

I think Means & Gang are smart people, if they need that sort of input, they'd ask for it but not wait for you to offer it. Maybe they've already done so, ingame on live or test server...
    Smart has nothing to do with knowledgeable. If they did not want input from us, then why tell us of possible changes? What I am saying is that we can do more, and you are not one to say Means should not recieve as much help as people can offer. If you think going to test server is the only way players should help AO, then simply do not volunteer.

i guess i can like, keep people alive, sometimes. wtb more static def for enfos so i can slack more o-o

edit: but seriously. if you need info on certain classes performance in both small teams and larger raid settings i kinda raid a lot on rk1. holler.
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; Sep 21st, 2010 at 12:28:40.

http://volunteer.funcom.com/Public/
    Ask and you shall receive.

Anarchy Online already gave us the tools as a player base to help the greater good of Anarchy Online. This base of volunteers for the greater good are often shrouded in critisism, but they're here using their play time to help our community with problems. Those who endorse that they would like to help Funcom have had the outlet for years. Maybe it's worth looking into?
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

I don't see the purpose of this whole section of the forums really. Seemingly, FC is listening to the voice of the communities through the communications they have with the professionals. I would recommend the best way to raise your concerns is within your profession forum section.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

As Obtena said, professionals are here for that reason. Just open topics in the profession forum.
    Of course if your profession lacks professional, it'll be harder but devs are also reading profession forums.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

What do the professionals need then? What does FC need from the professionals that we can help with? Surely there is more than just waiting for FC to post a nano doc and then we discuss it or posting in the largely unused wishlist.

I made a thread in the enforcer forum that was supposed to list enforcer items and begin a discussion on our item based toolset. Will FC even use that?

I have 3 documents saved in Microsoft Word at this moment, one discusses perk damage pre and post documentation, one discusses melee weapons in great detail, and one discusses 7 enforcer setups at 220 and would have even more...but I do not even know if FC needs or would care for such threads to take place.

Without Means letting us know what sorts of threads would actually be useful to him, how can we make the best threads to benefit AO? That is the purpose of this thread, let us know what we can do to help without making us guess or discuss something after it has been released.

If FC asked how to fix NT's offensive toolset with the introduction of LE, do you think we would have let LE nukes hit live? Same with traders and BR, GTH, etc. FC could have asked us what would work, we would make a thread on it, we would have discussed it intensley, and I assure you we would have had the right solution.
    Last edited by Gatester; Sep 22nd, 2010 at 02:02:04.

I seen your thread, but if FC isn't working on equipment, then no, I doubt they will use that unless your enfo profs have some awesome memory recall abilities and bump the thread to the devs when (if) the time comes to look at equipment.

Right now, you have seen perks and nanos documents so the best thing for you to do is follow the process and provide your comments on the things as they come out, while people are fresh. You might be surprised to find that overall, people are thinking in similar lines, so if you suggest something, it's probably already been discussed to some degree and brought to FC's attention. From there, it's all them.

Good example that FC does listen is the (rather useless) enfo nemesis nano in the nano document. I'm sure FC was listening to the enfos when they made it because it's some of the most useless idea enfos could think of and FC implemented it.

In all honesty, I'm not sure what setups, compilations of numbers and forum threads do to help FC really. I personally think they ignore all that and rely on the professionals to sift through it. That is why if anyone has a profession-specific discussion to make, it's important to put it in the profession forum.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 22nd, 2010 at 04:23:50.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I need some general statement of purpose or some more direction if I'm to adequately comment on the changes proposed in this specific thread.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Good example that FC does listen is the (rather useless) enfo nemesis nano in the nano document. I'm sure FC was listening to the enfos when they made it because it's some of the most useless idea enfos could think of and FC implemented it.
    50% NR check nuke (+ player taunt - whatever that's supposed to do), that does up to 5k damage, sounds not so useless to me, even if my prof had rather low nano skills.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

yw.

Seriously, I asked exactly the same several times and never got any reply.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    If FC asked how to fix NT's offensive toolset with the introduction of LE, do you think we would have let LE nukes hit live? Same with traders and BR, GTH, etc. FC could have asked us what would work, we would make a thread on it, we would have discussed it intensley, and I assure you we would have had the right solution.
    Are you reading a different forum than I am? If it was up to this forum community, fixers would not have one iota of FA support, still have to deal with barely reachable FA requirements, and have minute long FA recharge to deal with, as well as having the craphander nerf (in the form of all the crit reduction) as well, just because of the number of soldiers(among others) wringing their hands each time fixers got the tiniest scrap of FA support/AR/sane reqs/sane recharge. Any profession with lower numbers would just get outposted by people trying to keep everyone else down so they could rise to the top.... with the few profs that are at the top trying to keep everyone else nerfed.

There's certainly good information floating around, unfortunately it's floating in a sea of whining, trolling, emoraging, and bitterness.

I think the ratio FC is using is probably 60% their own ideas, 30% professional forums, and 10% general forums. You'd go nuts if you tried sorting through all of these posts on a regular basis... I don't know how the forum pvpers do it, frankly.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    I don't know how the forum pvpers do it, frankly.
    We've had a lot of time to perfect the art.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast