Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Bureaucrat Nano Changes!

Hey! I can get my own teams... like just last week a team almost asked me out on an XP run and I could have gone too - only I had to stay in the garden and polish my Shield of Zset.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    in order to use the new nukes, you'll have to ditch the currently favoured pistol setup
    yes, you're right on this one. thinking about it, that might be a good option to have several kinda crats : specialized ranged DDers with moderate nuking complement, or big nukes with moderate range DD addition.

but again, let's wait to see if UBT-resistant bosses are intended to reject all malaise or not. if FC intend to make it totally impossible for crats to debuff big bosses, i'll disagree, but it's not certain yet.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

I very much doubt they accidentaly moved it to another line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii

I accidentaly a malaise

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    but again, let's wait to see if UBT-resistant bosses are intended to reject all malaise or not. if FC intend to make it totally impossible for crats to debuff big bosses, i'll disagree, but it's not certain yet.
    And I thought big boss mobs were supposed to be hard to deal with.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    They will be, considering there will be major changes to healing, enforcer HP and other stuffz. Combined with init debuffs being removed, should make some fights more than a q /afk fest.

Klod can finally use his raid breaking damage debuff now and get raid spots!

o wait...

regardless, people are still so over joyed about crat int debuffs they aren't seeing the bigger picture still. Yes they had to be nerfed, but with healing, nano, hp, and enforcer tanking abilities tanking a hit in the overall picture, except to see a majority of the pick up teams dying. With a dwindling population this is gonna pan out to be a hit to the overall accessibility and quality of the end game experience. Pande aside lots of raids are gonna need to be completely redone now, and as anyone who tries to organize raids, its hard enough to find 1 doc for certain things, needing a minimum of 2-3 now is gonna hurt. Not to mention such things as S42 which may never be doable again.
    Last edited by Hellrule; Sep 20th, 2010 at 03:07:36.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

question regarding cooldowns

With respect to the cooldowns on the nanos: is it one cooldown per nano line or is the cooldown shared between some lines ?

At the moment the nano docs don't have any specific information about this and so I am assumming that the cooldown is for the nano line. If this is the case then crats (and traders and fixers) could use single root then straight away use AoE root when/if the first root breaks.

Is this the case, and if so, is this what is intended ?

Also, how will things like free movement stims, alb spirit purges and SD perks be changed ?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    Also, how will things like free movement stims, alb spirit purges and SD perks be changed ?
    They will probably get longer recharge, what else.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    With respect to the cooldowns on the nanos: is it one cooldown per nano line or is the cooldown shared between some lines ?

At the moment the nano docs don't have any specific information about this and so I am assumming that the cooldown is for the nano line. If this is the case then crats (and traders and fixers) could use single root then straight away use AoE root when/if the first root breaks.

Is this the case, and if so, is this what is intended ?

My understanding so far is that cool-downs are for the nanolines. That does allow you to cast more nanos in very quick succession - but if you choose to do that you also have a longer 'cool-down hole' in which you cannot cast stuff. So yes, you could cast a single-target root and then an AoE root in quick succession - but you'd leave yourself with no roots for a longer period as a result.

Part of the whole cool-down thing is, I think, also about increasing diversity of game-play. Before there would sometimes be only a couple of nanolines that a given profession really cast much, with lots of recasting taking up their casting cycles. With the cool-down system replacing recharge and longer cool-downs spreading out the usage of some lines, there is also a push toward using a more diverse toolset bringing more interesting game-play. Of course, you need the interesting nanolines to cast too....

It's not yet clear what item changes will come. So it's unknown what will happen with Free Movement stims. We have seen some of the resist %ages on cc and those have changed in some cases, generally toward dropping a little. On the whole, I don't think we'll be able to really assess the total balance picture of these changes until they're all implemented and we get a chance to really try them out.

At that point, we'll see a lot of the numbers being tweaked I think - cooldowns, Free Mvt lockouts, Att/Def values, run-speed curves, resists etc etc. But the basic new mechanics won't be changing.

X

Sorry to say, but crats weren't in a that bad of a place... The new roots and snares and those nukes, makes me think crat will be very powerful when balance hit... Looking on the doc's already received, I think they overdid crat for now. And I am guessing MP's will be too, it's very FC'ish to overdo a buff to certain professions. But this is common in AO, and common in other games.. Having played all WoW betas, I know first hand that even Blizzard makes major slip ups and can't remotely imagine the consequences of their "buffing" or changes to classes/Professions.

I just hope it will be balanced, other than that! Gratulations all crats (myself included)!
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Actually, roots and snares as they look currently are useless. They have a 10 second cooldown and it takes one ql50ish FM to remove them.
    The CC system will get worked over, of course, so you can't really say anything yet. I assume something will be changed in the whole Free Movement versus roots situation.

yes, they should be significantly harder than NOW, for sure. nerfing stuns was a start but not enough.
    about proposed docs, there should be a middle point between debuffing them the extreme way (-2500) and almost no debuff at all landing on (-350).
    i'd like to have a word form someone @ FC about this ...

yes, they should be significantly harder than NOW, for sure. nerfing stuns was a start but not enough.
    about proposed docs, there should be a middle point between debuffing them the extreme way (-2500) and almost no debuff at all landing on (-350).
    Let's see if MP damage debuffs will include some init debuff as well. Oh, there's more profession than that with perk/proc based init debuffage too!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

What did you expect? I think it's fine.

Currently, MPs can debuff -261 via nano and the same amount via proc (without nanoc init debuff tho), all this will stack with crat debuffs and doc debuffs. MP will probably get these upped to at least -350 and you will still have pretty hefty debuff amount possible.

The only "problem" is, you will have to actually team more debuffing profs, instead of just 1.

-350 damage in PvM is rather pointless, eh?

What did you expect? I think it's fine.

Currently, MPs can debuff -261 via nano and the same amount via proc (without nanoc init debuff tho), all this will stack with crat debuffs and doc debuffs. MP will probably get these upped to at least -350 and you will still have pretty hefty debuff amount possible.

The only "problem" is, you will have to actually team more debuffing profs, instead of just 1.
    That's just the tip of the iceberg really. Dazzle with lights, touch of sai fung, red dusk, incapacitate, notum domination and hostile takeover all have short term init debuffs (I probably forgot some too). You can still keep mobs init debuffed, but it will take more planning and more diverse team setups.

I'm guessing that is intended.

Hopefully they'll change the mp dmg debuffs to be % based instead of a fixed number. It's the only way I can see to make them useful and still balanced anyway...

Alone, by itself, yes.

yes -350 is silly ...

so okay, may be the goal behind is to make some other professions like MP usefull in PVM debuffing ; let's also admit the crat role in such context was too central, added the dmg & def capabilities they also have.
    but i mean, if the malaise has to go off boss encounters, better leave malaise debuff values like nowadays and boost the two redtapes from few hundred instead.

Btw that -350 is not guaranteed either. -250 has a 59% chance to land and the -100 one has a 59% chance to land.

Quote Originally Posted by borriss View Post
    me think (...) I think (...) I am guessing (...) this is common (...) all WoW (...) I just hope
    First, you think too much.
    Second, wow is an extremely bad game with poor, simplistic game mechanics. Thus comparing both games is quite an insult to those working on AO(as much as I would like to insult them, I would not be that harsh).

*snip* deleted, you don't deserve it.
    Last edited by ragerayden; Sep 20th, 2010 at 22:52:36.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast