Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite memory from Anarchy Online?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedytrox View Post
    Well, one of my best memories, also my FIRST memories in Ao:

In 2002 (?) When my mom, and dad where doing missions on their toons, and i kept creeping upp behind them when they where playing, only to press space (jump) so they would get stuck in the mission roof, good'ol days!

... So many other memories tho..
    My daughter does that to me now. *grin* And I have toons older than her...which really weirds her out sometimes.

I had a rather funny moment happen, well just this month! I was running around Borealis and I saw none other than Means himself standing near the grid entrance. A crowd started to gather. Here's the funny part....wait for it....Means says in vicinity: "Oh, I forgot I'm not invisible". At this point at least 25-30 people swarmed over and started asking questions and, well just acted like the paparazzi in an mmo. So I don't think Means new what to do hahaha...So he pulled out his lounge master a took a seat. He gave out a few worthless t-shirts and remained silent. Means! What's up with this? HAHA! It's ok you can play the game with us, don't be affraid I honestly think Means was high.
    One cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war
    -Einstein

This one.

Yes, there were times when you had 5 metas online in one org.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

My second fave memory is tanking Eel at level 160, in tier 1 with a hungry howlet. I had managed to twink myself into the highest health I could do at the time. I had never been asked to tank anything so large in my life. This was 04-05 somewhere in.

I never died, and I my entire org healing me and debuffing it at the time. Eel used to be one tough mofo for a new org starting out at that time. Now hes a solo easycake. But, I cant help but remember where I came from. Good times, that was ^^

First fave was my IG marriage to the coolest fixer on rollerblades, Ahava. Was an epically huge wedding, complete with people I never even met in my entire life lol.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

When I first came in West Athen, this big enfo died right in front of me! And a wolf ran by. I got scared and logged off LOL :P
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

This

8 Man Beast, before raid interface, before instanced Pand. And... its not the OMFG point.

When we passed TNH, we went to SS (duh), up stair, turn left and poped Trox SB. So we looked around, no add come to us. Then we cryed cause we thought it was a lag spike and /raid fail. After some seconds Dodo shouted LOL and I thought "OMFG we got no adds!!!
    Last edited by lainbr; Oct 29th, 2010 at 03:08:25.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Seeing the beast first (as in the first team in there, ever, before most of you even reached pand ), along with Pudzix, Mantravad1, Jasdoc, Selyana, and Lcunessah.

Geting fatty to 3/4 before being overrun by the crap-ton of adds that spawned before it was toned down. Then having a worldbuilder GM drop in on us at reclaim after and prod us for info on how hard it was.

Getting the crap scared out of me by CZ, while sorting my bank in bor.

Trolling Boinky

Having a bag of HNT's that I..er..found

Trolling F1nger

Tanking Ris and Ian lee @ 205 for another..hnt.

Trolling Sheffy

Trolling Nugget with 9000(!) "huggles" tells via the ACOM raid minions.

Nugget's retaliation troll failure

The days of the Critgun in pvp (Krutt <3)

Droping a BGH as one of two docs on a pand run, and getting pages of heal spam

The change-the-blue-bikini-to-nekkid script from vhir (or was it vhab?) and the resulting lulz around Trade Grid.

Tranquility playing lawnmower to clan's grass

Getting screencaps of Roxiie's RL seckslife confessions. And taunting her in person about it later.

Getting hit on by Phecia (rl MOOOOOO, ick.)

Trolling and getting trolled by Gothvampyre (if you ever see this, you were and probably still are hawt irl. Damn you for that last prank. I admit defeat.)

Watching a certain tranquility engineer kill GM's repeatly, then being told to STFU about how he did it while they figured out a patch, and him posting it within 60s on the members side of the tranquility website.

Getting drunk, figuring out how to stack rocket ammo, and then not being able to remember how the next morning. Probably for the best.

Selling a ql190 extermination brain symb for 200m 3 weeks after Shadowlands was released, and seeing them go for 5m about a week afterwords. (Sorry Satania, but you had your revenge by modding my troll art after you were made an NT prof, lol)

The 11.0 patch. >:/ FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

The Vulgar Bot sketches on Gridstream (done by this guy)

Having Shield ready, catching Thedevil flagged in Bor, and pulling the IU/CB/IU/Tripple bit and dropping him like a hot brick.
    Last edited by Solstiare; Oct 29th, 2010 at 08:52:05.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Death Sentence

Back in 2003, around april or so, there was day that I felt of chair, cause my IRL friend...

We were 100ish lvls: 3 of us bought AO and we played it all day long. As soon as we dinged 100, we could get to Tir SG (outside) to seek some uber team for ql 200 missions. I am sure, many playes doesn't even know, that indeed those TM missions were hell to pass w/o doc and well quipped (at that time) tank. Anyways, we got team with doc, fix and enf with Red Sword(Stygian!). Myself just equipped BBI Pistol, and my friends got Division 9 from their org, so we were able to deal dmg. That day I believed, that there is Death sentence in this game for your character!

We went for 1st BS mission. Took me while to run from Whompah to Home, and by the time I get to mission, my friend died on add. Be sure to note, that in 2003 there was no XP pool, so you lost everything. He forgot to save and was few XP short from ding 104 (afaik). So we had to wait till he gets back. After fast regroup, we started this uber high mission and I can tell, I never saw so BIG XPs! Then we go to boss rom, and WHAM! Boss nukes my friend (same one) with ILW, and he was just before ding. We roll another mission. 2 hrs later, we killed boss, all floors were clear and PlayerX (lets say, its this sold, friend of mine) said to me: I miss 1500 XP to ding, I will open chest! Before I told him "NO!", he did lockiped chest and huge lvl 200+ rat poped and killed him. That was around 5-6 hrs of hard playing, and he didnt dinged even once.
    After small break, team gathered at Tir SG, we pulled another mission, and we were on a roll! This time it was much harder, due to hell=hard Slayers as a pets, which (at that time) didnt dissapeared upon pet owner death), but we managed to survive all of them, till adds get in big hall, and PlayerX died just before lift...

Few minutes later we are killing boss, and again ILW is casted on PlayerX, and he dies. I said that time: Man, you should really pass today! We dinged 5 times, and you had none! And he replies: I will ding today! Got it!?

Ok, I got it. Team sticked together, and we knew each other a bit, so things get smoother as we progress on another mission. This one was very long, and PlayerX didnt die, but he was short few Xp to ding, so I said: Dont touch anything, dont go to boss room, actually, just follow us and atfter fixer will put us to grid, go and SAVE! And he listened to me: Fixer (which just bought team meep) used it, and PlayerX didnt touched anything, nor even tried to walk to any other room.

But that wouldnt not be HIM, or his luck, would't be, right? So we are in grid, and other friend gives him WenWen and says: Check this mate, it does dmg to target! So we enter Tir (from grid), and I and other friend (who gave this WenWen) are rushing Save Terminal, and ofc, PlayerX is doing the same. He stops near gate, aims guard and presses Wen Wen...

When I saw white screen and death music, I cried my ass off from laught - and his face was priceless. And, adidng to that, First time we saw flying mouse crashing on wall!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Lackofgravy View Post
    When I first came in West Athen, this big enfo died right in front of me! And a wolf ran by. I got scared and logged off LOL :P
    Sounds a lot like my first experience in the grid. I don't smoke out, so doubt this was drug induced, but I swear I recall some monster looking things in the grid in addition to the upside down pyramids. Scared me so much, I did not go back for a while.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

I had a hard time figuring the game out, so I never really accomplished anything. However, I've got two best things I remember.

First, was my Atrox. He was level 4 or so I think. I changed my mind a bunch of times running back and forth in the character creation room, and eventually got outside to the back yard to find out I didn't get a profession assigned. I was a level 1 ______. I didn't get any starter gear, and I couldn't put points into any skill or abilities. So I punched rats for a few levels (which is really hard when you can't equip anything) before giving up and making another character. He's gone now, in the great character purge. I miss him.

Second, was casting Grid Phreak for the first time. I had to equip some stuff, and cast int and nano skill buffs on myself, and use like six nano kits, but eventually I cast that 90 second spell of freedom! Good thing, too, since I was stuck at a mission that was too hard to beat, in the middle of wilderness full of hostile monsters twice my level. Yesterday I got my skills high enough to cast Grid Phreak without buffing first. 180's!

This kind of freaks me out:
    "j00 r0xx0r, Remm! You last visited: Jul 17th, 2002 at 22:35:33"

My last post? Being excited about almost being able to cast Grid Phreak. Eight years ago!

Some of my best memories are about tanking as nanomage, froob NT:
    - in TOTW: I was the only one in the team that could keep agg and we had awesome doc.
    - in city (ground) raid with some lowbies from org: I apparently was the one with most hp. Needles to say: we wiped quickly.
    - in ql200-210ish RK team missions: some evades, NS2 as backup, mobs that die fast and me being able to hold agg, made me the tank several times.

Another memories is from when I was about lvl70-80, miys armor was just out and I decided to get some miys armor in EFP. The first fun part was that I didn't have a yalm, so I had to run there through a wood and swamps full of creatures with level "Much higher then you" (sneaky sneaky me, without actually using sneak ). The second fun part was actually kiting the relative low level savage medusas without running into any of the higher level medusas or other creatures around . And if I did get them on me, the trick was to outrun them without getting a train .

Other good memories are when we managed to kill Hezak, Ian Warr, all 5 mercs, Hollow Island Weed for the first time with Tlfiveplus .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

/lft rk mish 205+
    I think my best memories were when i played my froob fixer.
    I remember how happy i was when i finally put on my first Black bird which costed me 12m. 12m at that time was such a big deal :P
    Doing lots of rk mishes, and sitting on lft were tedious but you met some really great friends and people who really new the game.

I kinda regret upgrading my fixer "Flaggelum1".

Had some good times with the tlfiveplus froob raid force

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    Sounds a lot like my first experience in the grid. I don't smoke out, so doubt this was drug induced, but I swear I recall some monster looking things in the grid in addition to the upside down pyramids. Scared me so much, I did not go back for a while.
    http://i.imgur.com/gsQwO.png

Having come and gone so many times over the years, some of my memories are

- refusing to whompah into pleasant meadows because of overcrowding with pick up teams doing bot hackers
    - one of the very first tower battles after nw was released, everyone rushed off to Newland for it
    - everyone freaking out and frantically rejigging their toons when the OE patch was announced
    - the hassle team missions were before the team missions patch
    - teams wiping at lush fields pipe/mine whenever a lifebleeder came visiting
    - popping chests when yalms used to drop
    - fall damage
    - finding a quiet place to log off to swap stuff to an alt by dropping a backpack, and quickly logging the alt on at the same place to pick it up

One of my favorite memories? Meeting a wonderful woman in AO in our org, getting married to her ingame, moving 10,000 miles around the world to marry her IRL, and now expecting our 3rd child

So many other actual ingame memories as well though. Like the first day I played AO on my omni solider back in 2001 (and strangely never played an Omni since lol) exploring Omni-Ent and found a bar (Baboons I think?). Went inside and discovered 2 players, one of them a female in a rather skimpy thong weilding those old curved blades dancing rather provocatively. The gentleman in the booth watching turned to me and kindly told me to F*&k off. I was thrilled!

My favorite memory is being deeply intertwined into the main story line of AO to the point I was highlighted in a book for my play in AO and still to this day people know who I am.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...Ldg0NqJPU97PqA

Exploring Penumbra for the first time...

http://vaderyodels.ytmnd.com/

Pre SL org meeting (nice armors :P)
    http://www.moonglade.net/BlackFactio...al/image24.jpg

Mercs!!
    http://www.moonglade.net/BlackFactio...al/image18.jpg

More doors
    http://www.moonglade.net/BlackFactio...mal/image8.jpg

Beste memories.. I think there are 2...

When AI came out there where not many tradeskilling engies around so I got bugged by Nemesis alot and in the end built there city. When all was built and placed it turned out to be the first ql 300 HQ on rimor After that I built 3 more cities before i could start on my own

Also on the start of AI when an enfie cam by asked for 1800 WS which was a bit hard at the time but doable. So i Changed gear and made one of the first ql 300 kyr'ozch sword - type 112!!! After the assembly he traded 50M... After a big irl fit i declined and explained i only work for free I think i had around 15-20M at that time.

Of course there are endless cool memories with Chling, Toup, Sylf, Xabbotage, Presco and many others who now don't play anymore.
    Qwazeech - 220/30/70 Engineer - Setup
    Qiscrat - 220/65/27 Bureaucrat - Setup
    Qalert - 200/20 Soldier
    Qlamael - 150/42/20 Martial Artist - Setup

At the very start I encountered 'Mugger' and 'Looter' in the subway...tried to send tells not to kill me and tried to get other people to come help me. Took enough time before I figured it out.

Funcom employee

Ok guys, I know everyone's got an opinion on the shop, but there's tons of other threads to voice your opinions in; keep it outta here. :P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast