Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Who needs go up and who down survey ?

Crattey as usual u dont add anything usefull to the thread..
    instead of saying its not a realistic setup and that ur giving up 7k HP in that setup add some substance to the thread.

i only said that they have the possibility to do it.
    not that it was the best setup.
    i dont even care if engies should go up or down in pvp.. they do alright as is in pvp from what ive seen, i just wanted to add some exact numbers.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    What in the hell happened to this thread.

And I still stand by my previous statement.
    What happens to every thread in the balance forum; people who have no idea what they're talking about start throwing around random numbers and claim this proves 'prof x' is OP'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaad View Post
    Down:

1. Klod
    My awesomeness is not due to game mechanics.

Oh and nerf crats and their stun procs (hai crattey).
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    My awesomeness is not due to game mechanics.

Oh and nerf crats and their stun procs (hai crattey).
    I recently learned that MP mezz pets perma-stun their target if a large number of people are attacking said target. I reckon this is reason enough to scrap the plans for the quadruple AS Klodinator MP Bow of Doom and instead give you a gun that shoots 8hr Mochams.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    Crattey as usual u dont add anything usefull to the thread..
    instead of saying its not a realistic setup and that ur giving up 7k HP in that setup add some substance to the thread.

i only said that they have the possibility to do it.
    not that it was the best setup.
    i dont even care if engies should go up or down in pvp.. they do alright as is in pvp from what ive seen, i just wanted to add some exact numbers.

Eh, I'm simply pointing out that your proposed setup is in no way a feasible PvP setup.

Do you expect people to applaud you for your ability to use Auno?
    If so, I can't wait to see your 2HE NT setup. I'm sure that will deliver an equal amount of the 'substance' I keep on failing to provide to this thread.

And for future reference, in a discussion about engineers, if you start by saying:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    i admitedly know very little about engineers
    that should really be the last thing you have to say on the topic.
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 16th, 2010 at 13:09:27.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Not a very realistic setup.

Like said before, DVP doesn't stick and is easily countered through 110% blind resist from just two HUD items. If it landed reliably and could stick on people, it might be an option to attain some degree of unperkability.

But as is, focusing on evade is pointless for an engineer, as you can' realistically keep the 1210 advantage.

And you're giving up, what, 7k HP in that setup? (Very rough estimate) Likely not a very good idea, since you'll still get perked by high AR profs, profs with <100% perk checks and MR users in that setup, even if you'd manage to land DVP.

Besides, anyone duelling an engi would just lol, put in the HUDs and wtfrape the engi.
    Man you're such an asshat sometimes, but, I dont mind. I'll respodn to your productive post.

base evades + equip you Stupid effing tard is not goign to be 900-1150. it's goign to be a lot higher.

Base evades+ control symbs+any odd buff floating around, plus ANY few pieces of armour, I highly doubt engies are using enything else than CSS or CC or CC anyway, or some combination or whatever, and some even might roll with a few extra using 250+ towers.

So, my post was bang on, and youre deliberately picking holes in things that were not 100% explicitly clear to pull my chain.

If i was allowed to swear at you I would: but since I can't;

Go stick your head in the sand and stfu and don't fake-troll me, if youre gunna troll, ltp and do it better. Don't do a mock troll and fail, it sucks and it just makes the thread longer without adding any decent dramaz.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Man you're such an asshat sometimes, but, I dont mind. I'll respodn to your productive post.

base evades + equip you Stupid effing tard is not goign to be 900-1150. it's goign to be a lot higher.

Base evades+ control symbs+any odd buff floating around, plus ANY few pieces of armour, I highly doubt engies are using enything else than CSS or CC or CC anyway, or some combination or whatever, and some even might roll with a few extra using 250+ towers.

So, my post was bang on, and youre deliberately picking holes in things that were not 100% explicitly clear to pull my chain.

If i was allowed to swear at you I would: but since I can't;

Go stick your head in the sand and stfu and don't fake-troll me, if youre gunna troll, ltp and do it better. Don't do a mock troll and fail, it sucks and it just makes the thread longer without adding any decent dramaz.
    You might want to hold off on the tears there, mate. That post you're quoting was a reply to Moonbolt's setup, not your numbers.

Even though those were equally pointless, mind you, considering your evade-setup engineer isn't likely to perform any better than Moonbolt's theorycrafted fixerengi.

Also, feel free to swear at me, I don't mind.
    In fact, I'd rather have that than see you pretending to be knowledgeable when you're clearly not. Atleast swears will eventually get removed, whereas there are no explicit forum rules against ineptitude, sadly.
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 16th, 2010 at 13:32:39.

Up.

1. Crats
    2. Keepers
    3. MAs

Down.

2. Ranged advies

oh wait .. lets assume Klod is right...

Up.

1. Klod

Down.

1. Brofist

oO crats in first place? I know I should agree.. but.. but... really? Sure you didn't mean MPs?

Welll i dont have anything interesting to add besides that i should go UUUUPPPPP a lot and j00 all should go down to hell in the balancing, so just like everyone else, but id like to say that i enjoy this topic and those stories about crats instaganking docs or engis with fixers/mas evades are amazing. Im waiting for more. Keep it coming. Im gonna found a special 100.000 credits prize for an author of the most amazing story out there, so far i see 2 main candidates far in front of other people:

Noobas with his "engis are evaders" dream and
    Notnod with the great "crats can gank docs" theory

But if anyone saw anything interesting he can nominate other people.

GJ guys.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Your post was not bang on.

We get def ratings around 2400 (evades PLUS aad) IF we go all out evades...and lose a metric assload of HP. As ella said, my earlier post about engineer def ratings was 1800-1900 total def rating (evades PLUS aad). Shall it be said again? Engineers have the WORST evade template in the game. Worse than doctors even. Doing an all out evade setup to combine with DVP is worthless since DVP breaks on anything, and pretty much everyone can perk a 2400 def rating once DVP poofs. And now my HP is far lower making me far more susceptible to perk alphas.

You highly doubt engineers use anything other than CSS/CC. Wrong again. Engineers use all the HP armor that can afford to use after meeting weapon demands and the AS multipliers they want. Engineers without AS like myself pack EVERY bit of HP we can get on. Ask yourself, if specials are pretty much nullified (in one vs. one's) what would be the biggest damage source to myself? Perks. Whats good against perk damage? HP. Again why on earth would I build an evade setup engineer (compromising an HP setup entirely) based around DVP, when DVP is going to vanish on the first hit that lands either on the eng or the attacker? How many evade setup engineers have you ever seen compared to the amount that twink HP as much as they can.

If you had an engineer this stuff would be intuitive. Yet you don't, and you keep making bad assumptions and then calling everyone else noobs. (Carlo with 4400 AR...)

@crattey: The mez pet doesn't stun in pvp btw, it roots. It only stuns pvm mobs, and only those subject to being calmable (not bosses f/e).

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    @crattey: The mez pet doesn't stun in pvp btw, it roots. It only stuns pvm mobs, and only those subject to being calmable (not bosses f/e).
    Not sure if I can trust you, considering you're one of those gimpy HP engineers. Evades is where it's at mate.

Also, you're being purely hypothetical, since everyone knows MPs don't PvP

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    instead give you a gun that shoots 8hr Mochams.
    Funcom, hire this man! He knows what MPs want!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Funcom, hire this man! He knows what MPs want!
    What MPs want is more -% nano cost bonus.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Higher QL summoned crystals

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    What MPs want is more -% nano cost bonus.
    hahahaha Now you done it...

I must say that the 'quadruple AS Klodinator' is an awesome name .

Common guys, we getting 8k(or what ever it is) healing per minute to cover the lost 5 blockers, what more do u want. =)
    Still here

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Your post was not bang on.

We get def ratings around 2400 (evades PLUS aad) IF we go all out evades...and lose a metric assload of HP. As ella said, my earlier post about engineer def ratings was 1800-1900 total def rating (evades PLUS aad). Shall it be said again? Engineers have the WORST evade template in the game. Worse than doctors even. Doing an all out evade setup to combine with DVP is worthless since DVP breaks on anything, and pretty much everyone can perk a 2400 def rating once DVP poofs. And now my HP is far lower making me far more susceptible to perk alphas.

You highly doubt engineers use anything other than CSS/CC. Wrong again. Engineers use all the HP armor that can afford to use after meeting weapon demands and the AS multipliers they want. Engineers without AS like myself pack EVERY bit of HP we can get on. Ask yourself, if specials are pretty much nullified (in one vs. one's) what would be the biggest damage source to myself? Perks. Whats good against perk damage? HP. Again why on earth would I build an evade setup engineer (compromising an HP setup entirely) based around DVP, when DVP is going to vanish on the first hit that lands either on the eng or the attacker? How many evade setup engineers have you ever seen compared to the amount that twink HP as much as they can.

If you had an engineer this stuff would be intuitive. Yet you don't, and you keep making bad assumptions and then calling everyone else noobs. (Carlo with 4400 AR...)

hmm. I thought the best counter to a perk alpha is evades? funny how that works eh?

So, figure out how to use DVP to avoid a perk alpha, and have "metric tonnes" more HP than you need to deal with the 3 normals your opponent will get in before he croaks of pert proc nukes to the eye.

crattey: I lub you bro

RERAIL!!!

me: up

you: down
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Gah, you engi sympathizers are whiny buggers:

Defense skills: Nano resist 0 %

Oh, and btw, NSD is offensive, DVP is defensive. If you can't switch after a fight, you're retarded, soz to say.
    Just like NSD has 0% check right? O wait it doesn't. Your a soldier?
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Just like NSD has 0% check right? O wait it doesn't. Your a soldier?
    practicing a crattey move? If youre dancing, he's /ymca, and you're /ballet

I vote, practice more on trolling, pad-wan.

hmm. I thought the best counter to a perk alpha is evades? funny how that works eh?

So, figure out how to use DVP to avoid a perk alpha, and have "metric tonnes" more HP than you need to deal with the 3 normals your opponent will get in before he croaks of pert proc nukes to the eye.

crattey: I lub you bro
    Engineers can't evade perk alphas.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast