Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Who needs go up and who down survey ?

Buff
    1) Ma's
    2) Pets (in general)
    3) Docs/solds (dont really need buffs just re-worked)

Nerf:
    1) Advs
    2) Fixers
    3) Nt's

This entire thread is a little misleading. It misses a very important section of professions who don't need to go up or down, but need moved laterally.

Profs that Need boosts:
    1) Melee needs a way to keep ranged profs in melee range. This goes a LONG way to fixing MAs, Shades, Keepers.
    2) Pets. They need major boosts in PvP. This goes a LONG way to fixing Crats, MAs, and helping out Engis.
    3) Keepers. They need more sustained damage to go with their defensive abilities, and again a way to keep people in range.

Profs that Need lateral changes:
    1) Agents. Mimic Doc reliance cripples the prof since it is so vulnerable to debuffs. Really excells in no situation except having an AS that caps almost every time.
    2) Fixers. Too much defense, not fast enough.
    3) Crats. Too much evades, not enough defense. AOE Fear is stupidly powerful.
    4) Enfs. Too alpha reliant for a slowed down game. Needs more sustained damage and a "tank" feel.
    5) Soldiers. Defense is too much up or down.
    6) Doctors. Defense and offense linked in the same form makes many Docs spam Malp for pvp epeen ++ instead of heal the target's target.

Profs that Need to go down:
    1) 1hb perks. Not Enfs, just the perks.
    2) LE Nukes... oh wait...
    3) Ranged Advys Defense.
    4) ALL debuffs should be removable out of fight. Period.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Up
    1) Keepers
    2) Martial Artists
    3) Meta-Physicists

Down
    1) Fixers
    2) Ranged Advys
    3) 1hb/1he Enforcers
    4) Anyone who uses an aimed shot pistol as well as pistol mastery perklines

Profs that need reworking
    1) Doctors
    2) Traders
    3) NTs
    4) Pet pathing/debuff resistance/general power
    5) Agents
    Last edited by Phylicity; Sep 8th, 2010 at 19:12:34. Reason: forgot the little ones :P
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

up

1) adv - They didnt see any improvement since SL
    2) Sol - Poor things get obliterated by Engies.
    3) NTs - Cant even tank more than two ppl at once AND killing them too

Down

1) Tra - They drain everyone for all their AR and are really annoying, they also kill 10 people at once, just by being closer as 25 m to them. There is no way to counter them at all.

2) Shade - Their AR and alphas are way over the top. No way to kill em.

3)Engie - They seriously are THE solder nemesis. Nerf the shield ripper, because all sols start dropping like flies, soon as there is one in the same zone. Their pets are incredibly fast, never get stuck and rooting them is nearly impossible.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    up

Down

1) Tra - They drain everyone for all their AR and are really annoying, they also kill 10 people at once, just by being closer as 25 m to them. There is no way to counter them at all.

3)Engie - They seriously are THE solder nemesis. Nerf the shield ripper, because all sols start dropping like flies, soon as there is one in the same zone. Their pets are incredibly fast, never get stuck and rooting them is nearly impossible.
    I support this analysis
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

up

Down

"you here rumbling in the distance, several heads have just exploded"

I only have 1 recommendation

Down
    MPs - TO THE GROUND!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    This entire thread is a little misleading. It misses a very important section of professions who don't need to go up or down, but need moved laterally.
    truer words never spoken
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

up

Down

This, especially on soldiers part, they cant kill a thing and BR leaves them without any defence.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Up

1. MPs
    2. Keepers (Offense wise. They got more than enough defense already)
    3. MAs

Down

1. Advs (especially ranged)
    2. Crats
    3. Engis

UP:

1. MA/shade/keeper
    2. MP Balanced setups (prof need revamp imo)
    3. non-AS pistol crats (need different defence besides evades, lower and longer evades for different defence, some small self heals, for eg.)

Down:
    1. Anyone using AS pistol (engi, doc, crat, advy) -> engi is way OP'd generally anyway, so add to that AS pistol and they're game breaking...
    2. Fixers
    3. NT's
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Sep 10th, 2010 at 02:57:53.

UP:
    - Specials that never land, Fling, Burst, FA, and I'm sure a bunch melee too
    - Perks that never land
    - Nano resist

Down
    - All debuffs
    - All nemesis nanos
    - Aimed Shot (except for agents).

UP :
    Keepers
    MPs

DOWN
    Advies
    Docs
    TL5- Traders
    All immunitites
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Profs that Need to go down:
    1) 1hb perks. Not Enfs, just the perks.
    1hb perks are not the problem its when they are combined with 1he... I mean how many pure 1hb enfo's you see running around owning people?

UP:
    Keeper
    non-shield MP
    shade spirits

DOWN:
    doc heals or HP
    NT's but not so much they become cannon fodder
    AS pistol... there should be a - aad/aao effect on the pistol that would help it a bit
    Last edited by Fixietrox; Sep 10th, 2010 at 02:15:46. Reason: added my ups and downs

Ok for a serious post

Up

MPs (for obvious reasons)

Shades (their killing power is pretty good, but not very many reliable defenses)

MAs (not sure what the issue is here, I just see lots of bad MAs)

Down

NTs (where to start. ridiculous NR - the one class that should really go "OH ****" when they see an MP just laughs and shrugs off eNSD because they have like 7k NR. OP nukes - hits through reflect for 60% of your hp with 1 button. somehow they get better evades than a lot of other profs too)

Docs (their killing power is fine, but their healing is too much. they can also get a lot of NR, although not nearly as much as NTs. UBT needs an easy way to be gotten rid of or needs double or even triple the NR check in pvp)

3rd is a tie:
    Engi (hardest and fastest hitting pets, combined with ridiculous ACs, reflects, blockers, and blinds, reflect rippers? GOOD JOB FUNCOM)

Traders (lets give a prof the capabilities to shut down anyone else's offense - and defense in the case of NTs/docs - with just 2 button presses! and lets make it so that they always land!)

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Up.
    1 Agents - Mostly in the forms of NR/debuffing vulnerabilities but some natural profession strengths as opposed to FP'ing for any kind of defense would be a nice start too.
    2. MP's, either they are unkillable or kill nothing. Just an NSD toy on BS. Annoying as ****.
    3. Keepers may need a slight boost in damage, survival is top of the line though. Trade some of that defense for a little more offensive power?

Down.
    1. Traders. one button that gives -400+ attack rating and ridiculous loss of nano skills on a 90% check, while being spammable if it magically gets countered. Anyone see a problem with this?
    2. Adventurers. Take away cocoon, problem fixed.
    3. Engineers. Easily one of the best 1 on 1 professions in game and almost impossible to kill one on one if you arent a shade or enforcer.
    4. NT's have a little much damage output via double/triple on top of being able to absorb the most damage out of any single profession in the game. Change the absorb abilities or change the nukes.
    I almost took this post serious untill i looked at your sig.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fixietrox View Post
    1hb perks are not the problem its when they are combined with 1he... I mean how many pure 1hb enfo's you see running around owning people?
    I see alot of deadly 1hb/Piercing and 1hb/ME Enfs that do better than fine, thanks. So yes, the problem is 1hb perks.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

I see alot of deadly 1hb/Piercing and 1hb/ME Enfs that do better than fine, thanks. So yes, the problem is 1hb perks.
    remove SA from that equation, and I think you've got the the "other half" of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    I almost took this post serious untill i looked at your sig.
    Whats wrong with my post?

Please enlighten me where any of those points are wrong, with valid factual information if that is the case.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Down
    NTs (where to start. ridiculous NR - the one class that should really go "OH ****" when they see an MP just laughs and shrugs off eNSD because they have like 7k NR. . somehow they get better evades than a lot of other profs too)
    I think we got our winner for the "unwillingly funniest quote of the thread".
    7K NR? Obviously...
    Shrugging eNSD? You mean we had special NR powers like... I don't know... Nano Doctorate, only much more impressive?
    Better evade than A LOT of other profs... hmmm, sols, docs, agents... and?
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast