Thread: The Collector

The Collector

I have an idea, might benefit all the people if gets implemented.

The Collector usually drops not so useful items for end game chars, less people are doing it because of this situation so how about allowing more levels to do the collector?

What if each SL zone gets its own collector instance with level lock? Consider Ely collector with a level lock of 60-120 for example, all mobs inside will scale, it will be a team instance and all the chest will contain relevant collector items to that level.

This will allow all the level groups to take the advantage of this new instance and it will drop some useful items for that lvl range.

Any comments ?

Not a bad ideea, i mean i get alot of lowbie stuff everytime i go there. Btw isnt Xan area locked for lvl 200+?
    Cadaver Nihtilah Sanguins - 220/70/27 shade.
    Waste Technium Collector - 200 fr00b engi - RL in Froob200 \o/
    Satanic Voldrug Wrath -- Grid Benliah Vampire -- Divine Acathist Curse --

Would the scaling be based on twinks or leveling players? The difficulty for both would be extremely varied at lower levels, then you have issues with professions like keepers or shades compared to enforcers and MPs. I would not be against scaling it based on well-built players.

Also, the loot in the chests, it should be predetermined correct? Or could a player collect several bronzes at lower levels and then open them when they hit 220 to rake in a significant haul. Doubtful that this would be an issue though, at the least could just add unique tags

Other than that, I would love to do collector on my lower level toons, even if the rewards were not that great the challenge for my twinks would be exceptionally enjoyable. I rarely get to test the capabilities of my builds outside of PVP, and a PVM avenue would be a good reward.

ofc all the chest items would be predetermined according to the max lvl of team members so all will get the relevant items so something like this - lvl 100-150 gets some items in chest, 150-200 gets other items in chest, inshort according to predetermined lvl range.

The issues like someone teaming with lvl 220 so high lvl collector will spawn and high lvl loot can be solved with adding lvl locks to chest in that lvl range and making the chest item temporary which will gets deleted lets say after some days etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihtilah View Post
    Not a bad ideea, i mean i get alot of lowbie stuff everytime i go there. Btw isnt Xan area locked for lvl 200+?
    I know we will move it to somewhere else on RK !! or simply put each lvl range portal in each SL field similar to BS terminals.

the idea of moving to xan would be bad. Since you cant sell loot moving to jobe plat wouldnt matter. Moving to Xan is terrible idea for level range b/c it opens to many doors. Yes i would love to twink on some Xan weaps to tl5s to just prove the scaling isnt there. Yes i would like arid for tl5. Besides do we want to see Tl5s with the Xan Weap on?

Doesnt mean it should happen. Like the idea but moving it to LoX opens doors beyond The Collector

edit: Moving to Xan also requires people to buy the add on. Which I know a few who havn't. So I doubt FC would take that away from them as punishment
    Last edited by viktory22; Sep 2nd, 2010 at 02:20:32.

this is deserving of a well timed bump
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Seems like a good idea still.

Gonna go ahead and bump this.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Unrelated, but would be cool to be able to trade in wrong-colored armor somewhere. ^_^

They really do need to change the way the collector is is farmed/worked. All this time and effort was put into this conent that is hardly used the way it should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Megasis View Post
    They really do need to change the way the collector is is farmed/worked. All this time and effort was put into this conent that is hardly used the way it should be used.
    Isn't that true of most of AO's content now?