Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Null Space Disruptor

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    made a mistake..

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    i bet any soldier could kite you, and your pets and NSD for longer then 20 seconds.
    Ever heard of the following:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=128168
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=128164

Or this:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=275835

Or this:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=227707
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=227710
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=227711

If you don't want to click the links I shall tell you what they are:

Two are roots, one is the pet snares. Both of which any engi has. Making it easy to keep the soldier in range for nsd to land.

The last 3 are stuns. During which the pets will maul the soldier. And ofc since soldiers have the suckiest nr ig combined with the same class of evades it will all land very easily.

At least it's super easy for my super gimpy engi to snare/root/stun any soldier and they all drop like rocks and there is nothing they can do about it.

Except run on sight i they spot me from a long distance. But that's hardly balance, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post

Ever heard of the following:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=128168
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=128164

Or this:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=275835

Or this:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=227707
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=227710
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=227711

If you don't want to click the links I shall tell you what they are:

Two are roots, one is the pet snares. Both of which any engi has. Making it easy to keep the soldier in range for nsd to land.

The last 3 are stuns. During which the pets will maul the soldier. And ofc since soldiers have the suckiest nr ig combined with the same class of evades it will all land very easily.

At least it's super easy for my super gimpy engi to snare/root/stun any soldier and they all drop like rocks and there is nothing they can do about it.

Except run on sight i they spot me from a long distance. But that's hardly balance, is it?
    Rootgrafts have a long cooldown, not reliable.
    Engi snare is way to easy kited/not landing, that i wonder if i should even use it.

Stuns might be nice, never tried em. probably hard getting behind a kiting soldier, especially with the synch issue's.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    I can see your equip, its in your sig. Not a big mystery.

But nice assumption that skills = credits. Clearly every nab running around in ql300 cc/css are godtier pvp legends
    When did I mention credits? Your comprehension skills are lacking. Get a remod that uses your setup rather then sit with crappy pistols at low AR.

Anyway I'm only trolling you cos you made a pointless troll post.

Back on topic, no soldier expects or wants easymode against engies. We just want a chance. I think we would all settle for a toned down version of NSD or one with an altered NR check.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    When did I mention credits? Your comprehension skills are lacking. Get a remod that uses your setup rather then sit with crappy pistols at low AR.

Back on topic, no soldier expects or wants easymode against engies. We just want a chance. I think we would all settle for a toned down version of NSD or one with an altered NR check.
    I would agree, if engi's pets are harder to disable. and possibly a reliable AoE snare, so that if something goes bad you soldiers can't kite us.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

So engis beat soldiers. Anything else or is this really it?

I can't ever beat NTs. Big deal. Avoid 'em if you see 'em. AO can never be balanced to give every profession an equal chance against every other profession.

Be glad your reflects work nicely versus virtually every profession. Sure beats what some others have. If tripples and BR are adressed, which will likely be the case after the patch, that leaves just engis who can **** up your 1:20 of maddskillbuttonmashingpwnage moments.

Hell, I'll trade you the 30 perk points I have invested in Shuffle, CiB and CP for AMS, k?
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 1st, 2010 at 16:25:44.

But soldiers still have more reflects than most people even with NSD on them, so they aren't negated, just lowered. Lower =/= naked, gone, however else you want to put it.

And yes, I kill soldiers with ease. But it's not because of NSD as most soldiers in this thread would have people believe, it's my blockers. So sure, remove NSD, it won't change a thing.

With that said, I'm off to start my thread to remove all classes with high perk damage from the game since they eat up my supposedly OP'd defenses, and by that I mean my worthless cocoon and my oh so uber 5min recharge heal perk.
    Last edited by Adva; Sep 1st, 2010 at 16:34:34.

AMS reduced with nsd is as affective as fixers evades reduced by 2k, maybe he will have more evades then nonevaders but they wont be effective against anyone
    Last edited by Shadecrash; Sep 1st, 2010 at 16:48:03.
    Shadecrash/Drcrash/Crashcz
    [Come Get Some] - Supersonic Electronic
    set

Any hard numbers to back that up? The soldiers running around with ~100% reflect setups still have what, around ~50% reflects after NSD? Hardly naked or "completely nullified" as people are claiming.

But like I said, remove NSD. Soldiers are still gonna lose to engineers, and in the meantime I'll be waiting for the next QQ post about how soldiers can't beat engis.

Excuse my nubness, I completely forgot soldiers are teh nerfest.

On a more serious note though, I'm surprised that NSD is gettin this much fuss after so long, but the newish introduction of the remod hasn't had an outcry. Especially considering how much AO is based around evades: 100% proc for -750 evades is nasty for most.

Oops, I think i may have just gave birth to another QQ thread

Quote Originally Posted by Adva View Post
    On a more serious note though, I'm surprised that NSD is gettin this much fuss after so long, but the newish introduction of the remod hasn't had an outcry. Especially considering how much AO is based around evades: 100% proc for -750 evades is nasty for most.
    Except that you give up personal damage. Crats and engis can use it in conjunction with pets, but really, pets alone don't impress anyone. Even with the -750 evades pets aren't what they used to be, what with the huge increases in HP and their inability to crit due to all the added crit decrease items. Should still work nicely in team-based PvP, though. Although that is non-existant these days, bar the occasional tournament.

I used the remod for a while after it was introduced, and back then, it was the ultimate newbie rapemachine. Chain crits and loads of stun procs. I bathed in the tears of slaughtered advies/soldiers/enfos/keepers <3 It was especially fun to duel advies and see them realize they don't stand a chance in hell.

Now, if they gave crats an AS pistol with the remod proc; that might give cause for some delicious tears. Oh, and triples.
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 1st, 2010 at 17:25:03.

True, I guess if people actually did do such an outlandish thing as team up, especially with healers, stuff like that would actually matter. But meh, with all the hypotheticals being slung around in threads like this, figured I'd at least put it out there.

Pets scary to traders? Is that before or after they kite and CC my bots, only to drain them to hell and back? But that topic is for another thread.
    Last edited by Adva; Sep 1st, 2010 at 17:41:56.

I would like a toned down ams

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    just to troll the post and not realy making a point... but pets are scary to traders tbh.
    Drain, GTH, mezz/root? I'd say engis/docs are more bothered by pets than the only profession in game that can out-CC a crat.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post

My crat is for my pvm uses, if i took pvp serious I would of went aimed shot months ago so my setup is perfect for that. But this isn't about my crat.

NSD is not a tl7 only nano. At lower levels when a engi isn't a **** mchine of death, its an incredibly balanced tool. Even at tl7, a good soldier will be able to outrun the engi. I've seen it and had it done several times. If a soldie decides its not worth it to run then so be it. But engis are supposed to beat soldiers. Just like NTs beat crats. and numerous other combos that have been working as intended for ages.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

I go with Adva, soldiers are still easy targets for engi because most of their offense (specials) is useless against engi. Even without pets engi can kill soljas, with or without NSD...
    And if they are lucky they can disable blockers and land AS and FA on you before blockers refresh, but thats hard to time with perks and engi still has cocoon to handle that. So go ahead, nerf NSD I won't mind.
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

From the sight of a engi: i have seen the best engis dying by shades who came out of sneak and killed them faster as they realized, why don't we nerf the shades and reduce their amount of perks.
    The point i try to make is that you cry because you can't kill them as easy as an enfo or a doc in just a few seconds.
    It's very embarrasing that the most who are for nerfing NSD have soldiers.
    If you want that nobody has a chance against you then play adv or fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    {removed}
    Yet again, Engis have been, and always will be the soldier's original nemesis. Engi's have had shield rippers longer than they have add all of their pet buffs and since the same time as their ability to beacon warp.

Your not supposed to kill an engi. This nano is balanced up till tl7. Once engi's lose aimed shot, all will be well.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 2nd, 2010 at 05:47:41.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Btw, your 'I want a chance' mentality is actually a 'I want my toys, give, give, give!' mentality. Without so much as a single concern for the engineer profession, you demand that their toolset be nerfed for your personal enjoyment. NSD is an important part of the engineer toolset. Nerfing it does more than affect soldier v. engi combat. So in fact, you're combining short-sightedness with childishness. You're one step below forum trolls. Grats soldiers.

Though to be fair, you lot aren't even approaching the sadness of our favourite two threadspammers <3 Nerf ranged, eh?
    Last edited by crattey; Sep 1st, 2010 at 19:21:03.

He has revealed teh secret! Burn teh traitor at teh stake!

But seriously, let me lay this out there for discussion: NSD is removed, beaten like a ginger stepchild with the nerf stick, whatever. All of a sudden, a surge of max reflect soldiers occurs. Now, with close to if not over ~100% reflects, you're immune to the vast majority of people for 1:20. Now since you've taken next to, or possibly no dmg during AMS, the short downtime is easy to survive. In this very possible scenario, who "has a chance," as many here have put it. Next to nobody.

Sounds about like god mode to me.
    Last edited by Adva; Sep 1st, 2010 at 19:33:22.

Aren't reflects getting a cap? Thats going to hit about the same time an NSD modification would land?
    Whats the name of ur Soldier? I mean, since u know so much about how them.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast