Thread: Ipr at 200

Ipr at 200

plz give 200 a way to get Ipr !!!

as the XP system continue at 200 why not allowing us to get 1 ipr at 201 , 202 etc ?

or something like a quest to win some ipr ...

dont know if this was suggested already but plz FC think about it

NO NO and NOO!

Do not Give us more IPR..!
    more IPR is only needed for 2 reasons!

1) FC changeing something basik in the game, and there by gimping thoses with no IPR left...

in this case they SHOULD give out the needed IPR points, to allow people to fix the char.

2) miss alocation of IP by the player.

For this NO IPR should be awarded! Think befor u fill in your IP... thats all i can say.
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

I think what aimpi was saying was that currently when you hit 200 your character simply stops developing. You gain xp, but it doesn't get converted into IP. If every level post 200 gave an IPR point instead, it would give the post-200 character some semblance of life without having to extend the item and monster database indefinitely.

Cheers,

~R~

thx soyuz that what i was trying to tell with my poor english

and people who is not 200 and dont know anything about it shouldnt post here

Undo the levels

Let the player lvls go over 200 , using whatever formula fcom use

Cool

I suggest that FC implement an aging system. So, when the player hit level 200 they start to level downward and loose levels (and IPs, that they have to take off some of the skills they select.) When they reach level 1 again they go perma-dead and get their name written on the walls of omni-1 (or the junk yard of Tir, depending on where your allegiance lies.)

hmmm I would like to be able to earn more ipr points, cause I would like to try out my solja with a X3 or with a beam hehe. But atm I'll never do this cause I don't have the ipr points to change my skills. But when I can earn more ipr points (maybe for each 1k tokens we get we get 1 IPR Point) then I would be able to try something out. That would be fun. Just want to try out a soldier with pistols, or a ma soldier hehe.

It would give us to change our char for maybe one/two months and then switch back to the old "setup".

I would really like to try out my solja with dualwearing pistols.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Sarv, it isn't a matter of choosing your skills wisely.

This is an ever evolving game. (Ok, you can stop laughing.) What ipr allows a player to do is move with the times. While they shouldn't be abundent, all players should be given the chance to gain ipr as time goes by. A level 200 can't gain any more. So what happens when the only viable weapons in this game are pokemon dolls that require sharp objects/swimming/adventuring/vehicle water to wield? Characters that are leveling will have the ability to adapt their skill set to stay with the times. A level 200 won't. Still, I think Funcom has already stated that there would be ways of gaining more ipr. But don't expect to see them for a while.

IPr should be incorporated to your Token Board when you reach level 200. When you upgrade your token board you will receive x amount of IPr points.

Like this:

1500 tokens = 1 IPr
    2000 tokens = 2 IPr
    3000 tokens = 4 IPr
    5000 tokens = 8 IPr
    10000 tokens = 16 IPr

or something like that.

And if you're neutral?

~R~

Neutrals should of course have a similar board then clanners and omni. However, this is a topic for another thread.

Originally posted by Sarv
    NO NO and NOO!

Do not Give us more IPR..!
    more IPR is only needed for 2 reasons!

1) FC changeing something basik in the game, and there by gimping thoses with no IPR left...

in this case they SHOULD give out the needed IPR points, to allow people to fix the char.

2) miss alocation of IP by the player.

For this NO IPR should be awarded! Think befor u fill in your IP... thats all i can say.
    its hard to think when they nerf things every god damn patch..
    this time its LLTS and NTs getts a new "thing" so they can use new nukes (this items gose into the weapon slot) so the high lvl NTs will have a sheet load of IP lock in ther weapon skills..

so IPR points or TIPR is a good thing we need becous of all the nerfs.
    w00p w00p!!

yeah... thats what ime saying... Basik game changes = the IPR to fix your char under the new rules...

But IPR just to toy with?
    i dont think so... means theres no consequence in alocating IP...

+, how meny lvl 200's would actualy go thru the pain of getting the XP of 1 lvl 200+ lvl for 1 IPR ???
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

IPRs suck. IPRs should never have been introduced.

IPRs mean all character develoment choices
    throughout the life of your character
    are unimportant.
    All decisions past character creation are made obsolete.

I think characters who do things differently,
    deserve to feel special at 200,
    rather than look at the guy next to them
    who leveled as a clone because it was the uber thing to do
    then IPRd into a unique characther at 200.

if FC won't remove all IPRs and the IPR system,
    then at least do not ever give more for any reason.
    They have already been far too generous,
    at a cost of the integrity of the game.
    There is no way that many nerfs are going to affect one person.

If you waste them playing with them as if they were a regular
    game feature, so you can transorm your character on a whim,
    then I have no sympathy at all if you have none left for real
    nerfs/game-changes.

Make a quest lvl 200s can do once every week or so to gain 1 IPR. Development at lvl 200 is impossible and only way to adapt or change to new stuff entering the game is by reseting skills and moving around IPs.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

i sorta agree with you scumbug (OMG, i never thought i would actually say that)

i agree that because of ipr yadda yadda yadda what you said.

but on the other hand, it is very very VERY boring post lvl 190. at lvl 200 what else is there to look forward to? sure, you will have a unique, or uniquely gimped character that you spent alot of time developing but what options do you have when FC decides to nerf one weapon or introduce another?

lets say for arguement sake that LLTS are removed from game for example. now your lvl 200 toon has ip in 2 skill that do you no good and w/o ipr, you're stuck with it.

also, say at lvl 200 you are extremely bored like most of us that are even close are. well, with ipr you can try something different to try and make the game a little more interesting again.

not too many people want to take the time to get another toon to lvl 200 all over again, it's painful enough the first time around.

i'm not talking about adapting to game changes although that's good enough reason. i'm talking about being so friggin bored doing the same thing over and over and over and over ...

Originally posted by garzini

lets say for arguement sake that LLTS are removed from game for example. now your lvl 200 toon has ip in 2 skill that do you no good and w/o ipr, you're stuck with it.

and that's what IPRs are supposed to be for. save em for that.

also, say at lvl 200 you are extremely bored like most of us that are even close are. well, with ipr you can try something different to try and make the game a little more interesting again.
    a boring high level game is not the same issue as IPRs.
    the fix to a boring high level game is not more IPRs.
    switching weapons, etc is not going to change that.
    all it does it compromise the integrity of the character
    development system.

for example, I have been a 'gimped' 2HE Enforcer for 168 levels.
    I would have done much better with a beam, obviously.
    But I choose a style/path less traveled, and more desiable to
    me personally. It offends me that my extra effort is nullified by
    IPRs because suddenly some Beam Enforcer want uniqueness
    he didnt earn.

not too many people want to take the time to get another toon to lvl 200 all over again, it's painful enough the first time around.

i'm not talking about adapting to game changes although that's good enough reason. i'm talking about being so friggin bored doing the same thing over and over and over and over ...

and that is another, seperate, issue.
    Leveling is monotonous, takes too long 150-200
    and is not fun at all. That needs to change.
    Rolling an alt should be a fun alternative.
    After experiencing the tedious high level game,
    the idea is unbearable now.
    Fix the leveling curve.
    Fix the world so that there's more to do than missions;
    the latest outdoor bosses dont really count. fix spawns.
    fix XP ratio. make solo play viable. make hunting rewarding.
    balance indoor vs outdoor loot, etc etc etc.

I hope the boosterpack helps. I hope shadowlands helps.
    "more IPRs" will not help. They only erase decisions.
    IPRs should never be considered a normal part of gameplay.

Frankly, I think you miss the point. Yes, they shouldn't be given out like candy. But if a level 200 can't gain anymore, then how are they suppose to be able to continue keeping up with an ever evolving game? Sure they can save, but once those rp points are gone, then what? I think it is highly justified for a level 200 to have SOME way of gaining more points.

You get 12 IPR points total by 200, i think? or more?

Since release, how many professions have suffered that
    many real nerfs. Nerfs so bad (and that can be compensated for)
    that you need to change your characters IP distribution?

I dont think anyone has come close.
    Most nerfs lately can't even be compensated for by IPR.
    You'd need a breed and profession change. heh

Point is, each character already has more than enough
    to cover him for the life of the game. A new weapon coming out
    that you would like to use is not enough justification for a total
    character do-over. I think you should have to stick with what you made.
    Rather than jump from flavor-of-the-month to the latest new thing.

LLTS nerf is a real nerf, requiring an IPR of 2 skills,
    (elec-eng and weaponsmithing) for some people.
    That's legitimate.

Since the complete IP reset, before IPR points,
    how many other nerfs like that have occured?
    (that require IPR use)
    and how likey are they to all affect the same character?

Well I have 4400 tokens already and only at level 197 (have not played for a while due to the fact that have no access to my computer).

This would mean that I would already have quite few IPr points when I reach 200.

And there is hardly anything else to do at level 200 than test different weapons. IPr would make it more fun to tweak your character.
    Last edited by North; Oct 12th, 2002 at 11:29:46.